Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Anything negative about Hyundai Santa Fe?

We have been SUV shopping to replace our 07 Rav4. We had a list of needs to rule in or out what we looked at. Cargo space to match or beat the Rav, Full Power Passenger seat, and Audio.

Most were too small, some were more than we needed and ones we loved were a bit over the budget we set.

We started out with the Acura MDX which is actually over the $50K total we set, loved the seats, ride, lack of shift stick and knob and more. Then we started driving the rest.
    Volkswagen Atlas, Ford Explorer, Volvo XC-90 (again over budget but we test drove a used one that we liked), When we drove a Hyundai Santa Fe early on, we walked away pretty impressed and really could not list things we did not like. We were scratching our heads trying to figure out how they can offer so much vehicle for what they cost.

We saved the GMs for last thinking from the beginning we would end up with a Buick because we love our LaCrosse so much.

Chevy Traverse was way too big and the Equinox was way too small.
    GMC Acadia was similar to Traverse and more than we needed. The Terrain was pretty sweet except it rode like a Truck and a few other negatives on features.

The Buick Enclave was over budget and bigger than we need. The Envision falls in between. It was really nice except for a few things. Smaller cargo, lack of underneath storage, rear seats and headrests so high they block the drivers view, and the Console is way too high and you whack your elbow on it getting in or moving in your seat. Leg room was a little lacking, but it drove a lot like the LaCrosse and had decent sound. But, the trim level with a decent stereo is $4k higher than what we drove and only has 1/2 the features of the Santa Fe Ultimate.

So last night we went back and drove the Hyundai again...below is the update and question

For the money, warranty, 0% financing and every possible option, the Santa Fe is looking like a winner. But, the one thing I was not as happy with were the seats. The seats were OK, a little on the BMW stiff side. When you get in and sit down, you don't sigh in comfort like my Lacrosse. The ride was not quite as smooth as the MDX or the Buick Envision but adequate and much better than my Rav.

I found 2 Volvo XC-60s close by that I can afford and we will take a closer look at the RDX just to make sure we are not settling.

But the Santa Fe Ultimate for $35K is a really good value if it holds up. With a 5 year bumper to bumper and 10 year drive train, it's worry free for a good long while. Oh and 5 year Roadside also.

The Santa Fe is actually larger length and width to my 07 Rav4, but every vehicle we looked at is in the 29" to 31" in height. The Rav is 37" high.

Both the RDX and the XC-60 are a tad smaller than the Rav but if the comfort level and stereo is that much better, it will be a tough decision.

I sure could use the extra $10K for Tax season and Roth IRA contributions and if we end up not loving the Santa Fe (if we got one) we can sell it and chalk it up to a lesson in settling.

I still have a dumb mental block putting a Hyundai in my driveway (let alone being seen driving one) but they are driving a really hard bargain to ignore.

2018 was the least problematic year for the SF but 19 is a slightly new model. Hopefully not enough changes to mess that rating up.

Please, if anyone has anything negative to say about Hyundai or the Santa Fe, let me hear it.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Audioshark

Re: Anything negative about Hyundai Santa Fe?

This one has caught my attention:

http://www.vw.com/models/atlas/secti...d=&product_id=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thanks Mike, we did drive that one early on. On the large size but pretty nice. It did drive more like a truck tho. I can't recall the rest of my list of cons.

This is all pretty stressful, I always say the 3 most stressful purchases are 1- House, 2- Car, 3- Mattress and I guess 4th would be Audio Gear
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Audioshark

We had a Santa Fe for about a year and my wife hated it. I thought it was ok, but a little gutless. What about the Ford Explorer? 2019 is supposed to be nice.

I really loved the Honda Pilot when I drove it.

My wife is more of an SUV person. I drive a F-150 and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike, you cannot get full passenger power seats in ANY Honda, you can get 3rd row seating and DVD players, but the passenger gets no adjustment. It was also a lot of car for the money but lacked simple needs.

I was never a Ford person but we did check out the explorer. Can only get a model with 3rd row seating so you lose storage. You also have to pull at least 3 cords to put them down while the earlier models were 1 touch motorized. The main thing that is messed up with the Explorer, and other fords like the Taurus, is the engineer that designs the front door pulls is an idiot. They put the door pull on the wrong side of the center line of the door to give you some proper leverage closing them from the inside and they are heavy. The door pull should be about 3 inches further back to be in the right place for weaker woman and girly men.

I guess I should have listed all the ones we drove and why we ruled them out, but I am narrowed down to the Hyundai if the RDX and or XC-60 don't absolutely blow me away for the price.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Brian,
    Take a look at the Subaru Forrester, which I believe is similar size or slight bigger than the RAV4. The only thing that I am not 100% sure about is the powered passenger seat, since we only looked at the low end of the model range when we purchased for a car that we get us from point A to B safely

Is a third row a must ? if not take a look at the Ford Edge, I've rented them several times and feel they are the most comfortable of the 'two rowers'.

As for Hyundai , I've had them numerous times in rental vehicles and have always been impressed with their intuitive design, simple things like back lit control buttons, etc.

As for negatives you ask ........... resale, they are not Honda or Toyota after all, not yet anyways !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

My wife drives a 2014 Santa Fe Sport. It handles quite well, has lots of cargo space, and we've had no mechanical issues. However, the audio system leaves a lot to be desired, and there's a fair bit of road noise (compared to my 2010 Lexus RX). I was considering the 2019 model myself, until I saw the (IMHO, ugly) front exterior design.

I'm now considering the 2019 Acura RDX, but haven't taken a test-drive yet. It's a new model redesign, and apparently has some computer and transmission glitches (which Acura is apparently addressing). FWIW, the audio system is supposed to be incredible!
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo 205 > Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > Martin Logan Expression 13A's and two ML BF210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's & speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Brian

If you haven't already make sure you drive the comparable Kia model as the styling is different and sometimes the options and features too. My wife has driven a Hyundai Tucso since 2111 and loves it plus never a mechanical hiccup. I'm not a SUV person so haven't put many miles behind the wheel.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    Is a third row a must ? if not take a look at the Ford Edge, I've rented them several times and feel they are the most comfortable of the 'two rowers'.

As for Hyundai , I've had them numerous times in rental vehicles and have always been impressed with their intuitive design, simple things like back lit control buttons, etc.

As for negatives you ask ........... resale, they are not Honda or Toyota after all, not yet anyways !
    Do not need 3rd row at all and prefer without. Edge is too small. I already know about resale, but if it's 10k less when you buy it and I get 4K less than a used Toyota, it's a wash.

Neither Honda or Toyota has better than 4way passenger seats. The only Toyota that has it is top trim of Avalon.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Brian

If you haven't already make sure you drive the comparable Kia model as the styling is different and sometimes the options and features too. My wife has driven a Hyundai Tucso since 2111 and loves it plus never a mechanical hiccup. I'm not a SUV person so haven't put many miles behind the wheel.
    Jack, seems like the only interior you can get from Kia is Black. They are just a Hyundai geared for the younger sporty crowd.

Thanks for the input.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Do not need 3rd row at all and prefer without. Edge is too small.
    incorrect, you obviously have not compared current models ! The Hyundai Santa Fe , of which you speak, not the XL, is no larger than the Edge. If anything cargo space is somewhat less (measured with a tape measure, volume as well)

As for your math on the resale vs Honda / Toyota, I think it's a bit off.

Regardless I do like the Santa Fe as well, but as Alan (Sleepysurf) said, other than the top audio system it's fair at best
    Cheers ! …. Dave

incorrect, you obviously have not compared current models ! The Hyundai Santa Fe , of which you speak, not the XL, is no larger than the Edge. If anything cargo space is somewhat less (measured with a tape measure, volume as well)

As for your math on the resale vs Honda / Toyota, I think it's a bit off.

Regardless I do like the Santa Fe as well, but as Alan (Sleepysurf) said, other than the top audio system it's fair at best
    I take a tape measure with me and draw diagrams of each cargo area. With the Edges chopped of back, you lose a bunch. Tape measure wise from back of front seat to rear door and the width of opening, only the Volkswagen Atlas and Volvo XC90 were bigger than the Santa Fe. The Ultimate, I am looking at, has an Infinity system in it. Reasonable but not as good as the Bose system in my Lacrosse for what that's worth.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Brian, you had better learn how to measure, I drive a Chevy Traverse, no way is the Santa Fe even close !!

You do realize the 'XL' is a different animal don't you ?

here's the Edge comparison, numbers speak for themselves ......

https://www.ford.com/suvs-crossovers...dels/edge-sel/

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/2019-sant...fications.aspx
    Cheers ! …. Dave

if interested here's the specs on the Santa Fe XL

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/santa-fe-...fications.aspx

Brian, somehow I think this is where the confusion lies .......
    Cheers ! …. Dave

I had a 2013 Santa Fe Sport. It was OK, great warranty, never had anything wrong with the SUV. Handled pretty good, nice power from the Turbo, rides a little stiff. I sold it and got a 2017 F150 SuperCrew
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

My wife has driven a Hyundai Tucso since 2111 and loves it
    With Flux Capacitor option we assume?

Last night we looked at the Subarus for a sanity check. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Lemon they sold me several years ago. I love their all wheel drive train, it is the best.

We wanted to look at the new Ascent, but even at the top trim level, Touring, the front passenger seat was only 4way, so it was off the list. The new Outback Wagons are really nice and the right size or better than most other SUVs we looked at for cargo, BUT once again, they don't give a crap about passenger comfort and only 4way again at all trim levels.

So we looked at the Forester. We could only drive a base model which the interior was cheesy at best. Very peppy but not a quiet ride or as comfortable as most others, you feel every ripple in the road. It was also smaller in the cargo area and almost no under storage where the spare is.

After we drove the base, they let us sit in and play with a sold Touring model which was much more desirable interior, but same ride. What I can say tho, is out of all the SUVs we have looked at, this Harman Kardon Stereo was awesome. I had some MP3s created from FLAC files on my USB stick and played thru some Riverside and Kevin Gilbert tracks. It has an outboard amp and sub in the back.

I really wish they had that stereo in the Santa Fe.

Last thing I plan to do is look at the 2019 Acura RDX to see if we want to sacrifice a little cargo space for comfort and $15K more and also give up the Hyundai 0% financing.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

We moved from a 2008 RAV4 (my son still has it) to a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It’s been a great car for us as we make some long drives from Colorado to Wisconsin several times a year. We also use it off road here in Colorado, and it’s plenty competent. Slightly larger than the RAV, fully adjustable passenger seat including lumbar, heat, and ventilation. Heated and reclining rear seats. If it’s not too big for you it may be worth a look. Of course the downside is it’s a Chrysler but based on the ML 320 when Mercedes and Chrysler were together.
    Tom
    Tom

Audio:
    Amati Futura Mains
    Amati Homage VOX Center,
    Proac Response 1sc Rears,
    Three MC2301's for L,C,R
    MC 602 for the rears
    C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 77
    Nottingham Dais with Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation
    SurfacePro 3, JRiver, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

Video:
    MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
    Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 80, Rega P3

OnDeck:
    McIntosh MAC 4300v

Brian

I assume you tried the Mazda CX-5? Supposed to be the "reviewers choice" in that segment.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Jack, Mazda was never on my list. I know nothing about them besides the very old commercial where the Mazda went Hmmmmmm.

A friend has one that I have ridden in and I was not impressed with the stiff ride. But thanks for the Rec, I will research it more.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Brian

I assume you tried the Mazda CX-5? Supposed to be the "reviewers choice" in that segment.
    Which segment is that?? i still can't figure out what the OP is looking for, exactly, since he seems to be shopping across several segments. I think the Mazda CX-9 is actually in the same "segment" as the Santa Fe.
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

The CX-9 is the next price and size segment up. Base model start's at about $10k more but if he can get it equipped like he wants and stay in his budget worth a look.

Last night we looked at the Subarus for a sanity check. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Lemon they sold me several years ago. I love their all wheel drive train, it is the best.

We wanted to look at the new Ascent, but even at the top trim level, Touring, the front passenger seat was only 4way, so it was off the list. The new Outback Wagons are really nice and the right size or better than most other SUVs we looked at for cargo, BUT once again, they don't give a crap about passenger comfort and only 4way again at all trim levels.

So we looked at the Forester. We could only drive a base model which the interior was cheesy at best. Very peppy but not a quiet ride or as comfortable as most others, you feel every ripple in the road. It was also smaller in the cargo area and almost no under storage where the spare is.

After we drove the base, they let us sit in and play with a sold Touring model which was much more desirable interior, but same ride. What I can say tho, is out of all the SUVs we have looked at, this Harman Kardon Stereo was awesome. I had some MP3s created from FLAC files on my USB stick and played thru some Riverside and Kevin Gilbert tracks. It has an outboard amp and sub in the back.

I really wish they had that stereo in the Santa Fe.

Last thing I plan to do is look at the 2019 Acura RDX to see if we want to sacrifice a little cargo space for comfort and $15K more and also give up the Hyundai 0% financing.
    I acquired the 19 RDX SH-AWD about a month ago. I've driven sport sedans for the past 15 years and wanted to try something different. Well it was for my wife and now I'm driving a Corolla that I can't stand. But, IMHO ; the 19 RDX with SH-AWD competes with the best from the German brands such as Audi Q5 and BMW X3 but, without their price tags.

The engine 2.0 Turbo 10 speed and AWD system are beyond those cars you have listed; way beyond. That being said, that is coming from my perspective of preferring a dynamic , fun to drive vehicle. I can't believe how well it drives for an SUV.

I can't say enough good things about the 19 RDX. It may not be for everyone but, I Feel its definitely worth your time to test drive one. And IMHO, the technology package is the sweet spot of all the trims.

Since this in audio forum; I'd also mention that the sound system in the tech package is beyond spectacular and superior to anything that I've personally heard in a car.

The only thing in common with all these cars is that they have four tires and a steering wheel. After that it is like audio; a very personal choice.

Good luck.

The CX-9 is the next price and size segment up. Base model start's at about $10k more but if he can get it equipped like he wants and stay in his budget worth a look.
    https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...s/midsize-suvs
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    I still can't figure out what the OP is looking for, exactly
    In a nutshell, something with as close to the same cargo area as the 07 Rav4 I am replacing and has full power passenger seat. That last requirement has ruled out many of the options. I started out budgeting at below $50k but would not mind coming in below that. Although it's not prestigious or as comfy as an MDX, the Santa Fe meets all my requirements and you get every possible option for under $35K with one of the best warranties in the business. I don't need something as big as the Traverse or Enclave but they are nice. So the stereo is not the best, I'm unsure if I can justify another $10K to $15K more just to get that.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

stopped in at a Hyundai dealership yesterday, a fully optioned 'Limited Ultimate' msrp'd above 40k. I agree on the stereo, perhaps not as good as the top flight Acura, Audi, Mercedes or BMW but it was more than decent.

I am curious Brian, why the need for a passenger seat with more than 4 way adjustability ?
    Cheers ! …. Dave

stopped in at a Hyundai dealership yesterday, a fully optioned 'Limited Ultimate' msrp'd above 40k. I agree on the stereo, perhaps not as good as the top flight Acura, Audi, Mercedes or BMW but it was more than decent.

I am curious Brian, why the need for a passenger seat with more than 4 way adjustability ?
    Dave,

My wife and I both have back issues. When there is only 4 way, the seat is locked into an angle that has you bending at the waist more than 90 degrees. For anyone with Sciatica they understand. I know it's done in order to stop you from sliding forward during braking. We take road trips, take turns driving, and really don't have designated His & Hers cars. We use the most sensible one for the trip other than me driving to work. Bummer is, she wants me to drive the new one for a while to figure it all out, while she drives the LaCrosse. I love that car.

Anyway, neither of us want to be locked into a position that is bothersome on long drives. Crazy requirement for most people or dealers to get I know.

We are going to try to drive the RDX on Monday and make a final decision. Same as the first time I test drove the Hyundai a month ago, I really can't come up with any good reasons not to like it other than the name and logo.

Thanks!
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Anyway, neither of us want to be locked into a position that is bothersome on long drives. Crazy requirement for most people or dealers to get I know.

We are going to try to drive the RDX on Monday and make a final decision. Same as the first time I test drove the Hyundai a month ago, I really can't come up with any good reasons not to like it other than the name and logo.

Thanks!
    Understood, I was rather impressed with the Santa Fe overall and given it's price even more so. This past summer while attending the 6 hour endurance race at Watkins Glen Acura had a big display and I had a chance to check out the RDX, really nice albeit another 10k over the Hyundai
    Cheers ! …. Dave

For anyone with Sciatica they understand.
    Indeed I do.

Seeing a chiropractor twice a week—albeit a very good one—took my issues from “I can’t stand up straight” to “what back problem?”

Brian, you might want to re-check the Ford Edge, I am seriously considering the 'XT' and yes....... 10 way power adj passenger seat !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Brian, you might want to re-check the Ford Edge, I am seriously considering the 'XT' and yes....... 10 way power adj passenger seat !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Cheers ! …. Dave

Cheers ! …. Dave

Sorry, I have no idea why it repeated ????
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Dave I looked at the Edge, too chopped off in the back losing space. Plus it is plagued by the same Engineer that does the doors for the Taurus and Explorer. The Door Pull is on the wrong side of the Centerline giving you no leverage to close the doors, worse for women. Also the rear seats do not fold down flat and a 3 year Warranty is lousy. The only Ford I ever owned was my first car, 64 Falcon with 3 speed on the column. That was the car I learned to drive in.

Thanks anyway.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Dave I looked at the Edge, too chopped off in the back losing space. Plus it is plagued by the same Engineer that does the doors for the Taurus and Explorer. The Door Pull is on the wrong side of the Centerline giving you no leverage to close the doors, worse for women. Also the rear seats do not fold down flat and a 3 year Warranty is lousy. The only Ford I ever owned was my first car, 64 Falcon with 3 speed on the column. That was the car I learned to drive in.

Thanks anyway.
    Brian, interesting on the rear seats, I'm going to have to re-check that issue. Sometimes it's a matter of removing the head rests, regardless I get your point, last thing you want is stuff loaded up front only to have fall out once you open the rear hatch !

The door pull is no big deal for me. I have test fit my gun buggy (I'm a sporting clay shooter) into the back and it fits without having to put the seats down and close the rear hatch with no issues. As for the 3 year warranty, I hear 'ya, but not a deal breaker for me.

I think the Santa Fe is calling you, nothing wrong with that !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Dave, I think it is.

Here is a look into the back of the Edge
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Thanks for the pic Brian, wow that's a lot of slope !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

I drove the Acura RDX last night. Very nice car for sure. They have no incentives, you cannot play music from a USB stick, Roof Racks and All Weather mats add another $1600. Size of Cargo area was surprisingly decent, still less in width and like the rest, 7 inches less in height.

We decided to save the Luxury SUV for the next rotation when I will be close to or retired and we will take more road trips. For this time, we are going to go see what kind of deal we can get on a Santa Fe. It's just the smartest economical decision for us right now. It has more included options and features than any other car we looked at and nobody really beats the warranty. Probably going for the Lava Orange with Graystone interior.

Bottom line tho, out of all the vehicles we drove, the MDX and RDX were the nicest overall. Maybe next time.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Thanks again Brian for your good reporting, I've enjoyed our interaction since I am on the same path !

keep us posted on the Hyundai !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Meet Pumpkin

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

very nice Brian, best of luck with it !! what motor, turbo or N/A ?
    Cheers ! …. Dave

very nice Brian, best of luck with it !! what motor, turbo or N/A ?

Thanks Dave.....LOL, we got the 2.4 standard, but the idiots at the factory badged the tailgate with the 2.0 Turbo badge.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

we got the 2.4 standard, but the idiots at the factory badged the tailgate with the 2.0 Turbo badge.
    Too funny, that reminded me of years ago while touring the Janesville, Wi assembly plant (GM) I watched a Suburban come down the line with a GMC front end and a Chevy rear !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team