Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New amp, couple of pics....

Kev,

Sorry for going off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Joe, are you one of the people who has done some comparisons with the spatial and pure audio project. I have the tree of 15 and Trio 10 pure audio project. I believe I'm having some issues with my amps and I've been looking for something new. From what you're saying this amp works extremely well with an open baffle design. Is there any chance you have tried other single-ended amps that you like. Something more in the four to $5,000 range
    I'm sorry, I have not listened to the Spatials or Pure Audio Project speakers. I've been reading and looking at them for a while. I know Jack has Spatials and Mike had early Spatials. I know Jack loves his.

I am just getting into SET now. I have Avantgarde Duo XD on order and it should be a few more days. Many years ago I had George Wright 2A3 amps and loved them but only had bookshelf Klipsch at the time. They were/are over-rated in the sensitivity department and those amps were barely enough at the time.

I've heard a limited few SET amps since them and just recently jumped in with the Luxman MQ-300. Sadly over that budget limit.

I fell in love with Bastanis speakers driven by Whammerdyne.

This exact setup in fact.

Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Post Thanks / Like

I would reach out to Doug Schroeder about compatible amps as he has assembled and reviewed multiple versions of them. I found with two versions of the Spatial's that the efficiency specs are a bit misleading as they are from 200hz and up.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Coming from you Kev, I'll take that as a compliment. I know you are not as precious as some

What is the new incoming mothership? Those horns from the show?
    No, not those horns.......

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, the derail doesn't bother me.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    Joe, the derail doesn't bother me.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Hey Kev

What speakers do you run with these? I can't keep up
    Smartarse I see, still good to see, you still have your efficiency of diplomacy....
    Hardly surprising...given the footy team he supports...

Post Thanks / Like

This is really special Joe. Even the distributor is so jealous I bought it because he has to wait for another one. The Soulution 511 is sitting next to it & that is all its doing....
    Heading over to Big Kev's tomorrow for a listen...
    May have bring my Darts home seeing Big Kev has abandoned them....
    They have been cast aside for his latest dalliance...
    Seems he can't take his eyes off those big orbs...

8. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They're on the back lawn... the neighbor said no way I'm not buying that shit, look at the colour of it!!

Post Thanks / Like

They're on the back lawn... the neighbor said no way I'm not buying that shit, look at the colour of it!!
    Looking forward to tomorrow...
    Diana Vs Esoteric A03...two class A's go head to head...tubes Vs BJT's....
    Diana Vs Dartzeel...two very different but innovative amps go head to head...
    For those about to Rock....

11. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratz on the new amp. I have become enthralled with SET recently. There is just something about the sound that sucks you in ... Such absolute separation, rich smooth sounding... all instruments just seem to be there... one thing I love is that I feel I can hear not only the instrument, but can tell what type of material is being used... I can tell that the performer is using a very special piano, for example... loving SET at this point... plenty of power for my KEFs!

And my SET amps are not even in the same world as yours... so I can only imagine the sound coming from your new amp!!!
    T+A DAC8 DSD|Falcon Tiki | Roon & HQPlayer | Audio Mirror 45 SET | McIntosh MC754 | KEF R700
    Dennis Had Dragon Inspire IHA-1
    | Focal Clear | Oppo BDP-105 | Technics ST-9030 |
    Audio Quest Niagara 1000

13. Thanks bzr thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast