Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings

Hello Everyone!

It's Mike Valentine of Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings. I hope you do not mind, but I just wanted to mention our latest tape releases. Although we only started the company about 6 years ago we have now created 10 copy master titles. I know that some companies create their tapes from digital files, however I believe that every time they do that, God kills a puppy!

At CTD we always run our 1/2'' Studer A820 with a separate feed from the Neve desk so that we can create a running copy master which has not been taken from any other source than analogue. In the same way we also record our High Res digital separately, so that we can also offer CDs and downloads.

As a matter of interest several people have approached us asking if we could supply our albums on 7'' spools at 7.5 ips. Obviously many people in the world use smaller machines which cannot take 10.5'' spools. We have now responded to those requests and now supply all of our titles on this smaller format. They are recorded in the same way, using our Studer A820s in 1/2 track format which still plays on 1/4 track heads, where they still seem to sound great. Ken Kessler of HiFi News and Record Review is currently writing about a comparison between vinyl, CD and our copy master tapes at 15 ips and 7.5 ips which should in the next few months make for some very interesting reading!

Recently we had the pleasure of recording 5 live concerts in Venice where we created a live double album on all of our formats. Carrying a Studer A810 with us to create an analogue master for our copy master tapes, was only possible due to the strength of my nephews back! It's the first recording where I was able to use audiophile cables from our AKG C12 valve microphones, right through the recording chain and the added jump factor, because of this, has to be heard to be believed. Remember many recording engineers don't think that cables make a difference. For them, there are always cotton buds!

Thanks for reading my blurb and happy listening!

Kind regards,

Mike

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings

I recommend the new Eleanor McEvoy Forgotten Dreams which can be downloaded from the Dragon site in various formats.

S

Re: Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings

Quote Originally Posted by chasingthedragon View Post
    It's the first recording where I was able to use audiophile cables from our AKG C12 valve microphones, right through the recording chain and the added jump factor, because of this, has to be heard to be believed. Remember many recording engineers don't think that cables make a difference. For them, there are always cotton buds!
    Haaallelujah,
    Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah
    If you noticed, I´m singing. I think this is the first time (to me) someone put the professionals' ears in check. In many discussions about cables, audio_scepticals argue with the fact that professional sound technicians do not subscrive the importance of cables. Finally some professional says they really matter. Thank you. I feel a tremendous relief.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Chasing The Dragon Audiophile Recordings