Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emm da2 dac

Re: Emm da2 dac

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
    At my dealer we compared some Ansuz cables on the different inputs of the DA2, SPDIF and AES are both very good, USB a bit less but that might have to do with the output of his Aurender N10 (AES and SPDIF use a special word clock in the Aurender, USB output does not)

But the best sound is with the dedicated EMMLabs transport with the EMM optilink
    That's too bad for the vast majority of users of the DA2 as only 50 TX2 transports were produced thanks to Esoteric refusing to continue to sell the VOSP transports to third parties. But then again, it doubles the cost of the setup and most people seem enamored with servers and the like so I doubt many would purchase the transport even if available.

USB has always been a garbage standard for audio. It's not surprising that it would take more effort to wring performance out of it. As such, I would be interested to know if the USB input is in fact worse performing than AES/EBU and SPDIF versus USB simply requiring more effort to overcome its lack of suitability for the purpose for which it is being used.

Hi Bar81, I read somewhere that you recommended Aural Symphonics's optical cable and I bought one for use between the EMM transport and DA2. Thanks very much for a great recommendation!

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tsui View Post
    Hi Bar81, I read somewhere that you recommended Aural Symphonics's optical cable and I bought one for use between the EMM transport and DA2. Thanks very much for a great recommendation!
    Hi Tony, May I know what differences did you hear and how much? Is it currently available? Thanks.

Hi Andy, great SQ improvement in almost all areas. If there's no dealer in Singapore you can email Aural Symphonics direct, and price is around US$1,700. A friend of mine is in the optical business and has instruments to test and view optical cables. Apparently not all optical cables are created equal : for example the shape of the contact point which is very important and any scratch will permanently damage the cable. He tested 3 optical cables : the Aural Symphonics, a Jadis and the EMM cable. Technically the best was the Aural Symphonics. Do not buy used, as you don't know if cable has scratches etc

Hi Andy, great SQ improvement in almost all areas. If there's no dealer in Singapore you can email Aural Symphonics direct, and price is around US$1,700. A friend of mine is in the optical business and has instruments to test and view optical cables. Apparently not all optical cables are created equal : for example the shape of the contact point which is very important and any scratch will permanently damage the cable. He tested 3 optical cables : the Aural Symphonics, a Jadis and the EMM cable. Technically the best was the Aural Symphonics. Do not buy used, as you don't know if cable has scratches etc
    Thanks Tony for the valuable tip!

My pleasure. It's a nice upgrade to the combo for a "reasonable" price.

Whenever you decide to tweak your system again, consider this:

Computer Audio Design GC1 Ground Control
    https://www.computeraudiodesign.com/gc1-ground-control/
    http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/C...nd_Control.pdf

Not sure I really understand the necessity for a grounding device given that I have a star grounded power setup, but I purchased one recently, connected it to the AES/EBU digital output of the TX2 and an unused SPDIF digital input (PDAI) of the DA2 and my mind was blown. I always thought the guys going on about treating signal ground and AC earth were a little bit crazy but I'm a convert.
    EMM Labs TX2 SE|DA2 V2| Ayre KX-R Twenty | D'Agostino Momentum M400 | Focal Maestro Utopia III | MIT Oracle MA | VH Audio | Shunyata King Cobra CX | Shunyata Everest | Harmonic Resolution Systems | CAD Ground Control

Quote Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post
    That's too bad for the vast majority of users of the DA2 as only 50 TX2 transports were produced thanks to Esoteric refusing to continue to sell the VOSP transports to third parties. But then again, it doubles the cost of the setup and most people seem enamored with servers and the like so I doubt many would purchase the transport even if available.

USB has always been a garbage standard for audio. It's not surprising that it would take more effort to wring performance out of it. As such, I would be interested to know if the USB input is in fact worse performing than AES/EBU and SPDIF versus USB simply requiring more effort to overcome its lack of suitability for the purpose for which it is being used.
    Problem in this case is that the SPDIF/AES outputs of the Aurender N10 make use of the special internal word clock and the USB output doesn't, so I cannot conclude if the USB input of the Emmlabs DA2 is sub par. (To be honest I don't think it is)
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Problem in this case is that the SPDIF/AES outputs of the Aurender N10 make use of the special internal word clock and the USB output doesn't, so I cannot conclude if the USB input of the Emmlabs DA2 is sub par. (To be honest I don't think it is)
    Hi, Interestingly, Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile, in his review of the DV2, said: "... a few comparisons of the MacBook Pro with the dCS Network Bridge revealed that nothing sent from the MacBook Pro via USB sounded anywhere near as full and rich in colors as signals that bypassed the computer entirely and relied solely on the Network Bridge's coax outputs. Realizing that, regardless of the claimed jitter-free superiority of EMM Labs's USB input, my USB source was compromised ... Even with a computer as the source, when I played Debussy's Trios Chansons de Bilitis from our January 2019 'Recording of the Month,' mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato Into the Fire (24/96 WAV, Erato 573800), I was won over by the beauty of the DV2’s extremely natural, warm, smooth, and non-fatiguing sound.”

Hi Bar81

Thanks for the tip on ground control. I am using the Nordost Qkore 6 and find it lowers the noise floor of the system, thus enabling more details to be heard. However it wasn't a mind blowing effect. I am connecting the Qkore to the AES output/input of the TX2 and DA2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuen Andy View Post
    Hi, Interestingly, Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile, in his review of the DV2, said: "... a few comparisons of the MacBook Pro with the dCS Network Bridge revealed that nothing sent from the MacBook Pro via USB sounded anywhere near as full and rich in colors as signals that bypassed the computer entirely and relied solely on the Network Bridge's coax outputs. Realizing that, regardless of the claimed jitter-free superiority of EMM Labs's USB input, my USB source was compromised ... Even with a computer as the source, when I played Debussy's Trios Chansons de Bilitis from our January 2019 'Recording of the Month,' mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato Into the Fire (24/96 WAV, Erato 573800), I was won over by the beauty of the DV2’s extremely natural, warm, smooth, and non-fatiguing sound.”
    ...well, he also says that the network bridge via S/PDIF connection has won him over (p. 105).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Hi Bar81

Thanks for the tip on ground control. I am using the Nordost Qkore 6 and find it lowers the noise floor of the system, thus enabling more details to be heard. However it wasn't a mind blowing effect. I am connecting the Qkore to the AES output/input of the TX2 and DA2.
    You're way ahead of me then

Take a look at this review from Roy Gregory (personally, one of the very few reviewers I trust). He likes and uses Nordost products. While I don't have the full setup of Ground Controls he's using, his description of the effects is spot on so far (although obviously I can't comment on the effect of combining units until I get another one):

http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/T..._Review_LR.pdf

He mentions in his review that not all grounding products have the same effectiveness.

High praise from Roy Gregory indeed, and I do have lots of Nordost products. Will try CAD if the chance comes up.

Hi, I am using the Shunyata Research Hydra DPC-6 Digital Power Distribution Center. The Hydra DPC-6 electrically isolates these digital devices and provides a firewall to prevent them from polluting and degrading the sonic performance of the audio components sharing the power line. In my system, the Hydra DPC-6 elimination of the digital noise results in greater clarity to the sound. Resolution and focus are greatly improved and micro dynamics of instruments seem more real. The DPC-6 is far superior (with digital components) to the Shunyata Triton power distribution center.

Hi, I am using the Shunyata Research Hydra DPC-6 Digital Power Distribution Center. The Hydra DPC-6 electrically isolates these digital devices and provides a firewall to prevent them from polluting and degrading the sonic performance of the audio components sharing the power line. In my system, the Hydra DPC-6 elimination of the digital noise results in greater clarity to the sound. Resolution and focus are greatly improved and micro dynamics of instruments seem more real. The DPC-6 is far superior (with digital components) to the Shunyata Triton power distribution center.
    Thanks for the report, I don't know of many people who have purchased the DPC-6. Most either just get the Triton or maybe will add the Typhon and stop, even those with digital front ends. Are you saying you connect your DA2 to the DPC-6? If so, that's interesting since it's not a fully digital unit and DPC-6 seems to be focused on fully digital items like transports, streamers and monitors.

In any case, just to be clear, what the CAD Ground Control addresses is not adequately dealt with by any power conditioner, including the Shunyata full stack.

To me, the CAD Ground Control is at least as important as power treatment given the improvement in my system that I've heard from the insertion of only a single GC1.

Hi, Yes, My DA2 and EMM transport are connected to the DPC-6. Connecting the DA2 to the DPC-6 does not affect transients in my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    ...well, he also says that the network bridge via S/PDIF connection has won him over (p. 105).

Yes. Jason Victor Serinus also says "But when I ditched the computer and, using the Aurender N10's USB output, played JA's MQA-encoded master file of Eric Whitacre's Lux Aurumque, from male vocal ensemble Cantus's While You Are Alive (24/88.2 CD Baby 5637240534), the music server's more color-filled sound assured me that this would be one joy-filled review."

Emm da2 dac

There is a reason why people are moving away from USB. If Meitner has not heard the penny drop on that, too bad for him. The surprising question of course is, why to make a 25K DAC and not offer the best interfaces? And more surprisingly, why are the highest bit rates only supported via this suboptimal interface?

And Jason clearly states, to his ears USB is the inferior interface based on his review.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    There is a reason why people are moving away from USB. If Meitner has not heard the penny drop on that, too bad for him. The surprising question of course is, why to make a 25K DAC and not offer the best interfaces? And more surprisingly, why are the highest bit rates only supported via this suboptimal interface?

And Jason clearly states, to his ears USB is the inferior interface based on his review.

Hi, Take a look at the following specifications:

aurender N10 specification:
    Bit and Sample Rates SPDIF : Up to 24-bit, 192kHz (PCM); 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64)
    USB : 32bit /384kHz, 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64); 1-bit, 5.6MHz (DSD128)
    EMM Labs DA2 specifications:
    • Digital inputs:
      EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
      Supports up to 24bit, 192kHz on all PCM inputs: AES/EBU, USB Audio, 2x SPDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF Toslink
      USB also supports streaming DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352 and 384kHz)

Hi, Take a look at the following specifications:

aurender N10 specification:
    Bit and Sample Rates SPDIF : Up to 24-bit, 192kHz (PCM); 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64)
    USB : 32bit /384kHz, 1-bit, 2.8MHz (DSD64); 1-bit, 5.6MHz (DSD128)
    EMM Labs DA2 specifications:
    • Digital inputs:
      EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
      Supports up to 24bit, 192kHz on all PCM inputs: AES/EBU, USB Audio, 2x SPDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF Toslink
      USB also supports streaming DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352 and 384kHz)
    I think what Kuoppis is saying is that there's more going on here than just what's reflected in max data rate specs. If you want to see some real innovation in interfaces, check out the Lumin X1's fiber optic option.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    I think what Kuoppis is saying is that there's more going on here than just what's reflected in max data rate specs. If you want to see some real innovation in interfaces, check out the Lumin X1's fiber optic option.
    Hi all, Take a look at Lumin X1's specification also: DIGITAL OUTPUT STAGE

USB: Native DSD512 support,PCM 44.1–768kHz, 16–32-bit, stereo
    BNC S/PDIF: PCM 44.1khz–192khz, 16–24-bit; DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8mhz, 1-bit
    Optical network: Industry-standard SFP, 1000base-T Eigabit Ethernet. Adapter may be needed for your particular switch/cables. Use simultaneously with RJ45

My point is that EMM Labs is offering all available options, including the AES3 (AES-EBU) interface!

Hi all, I want to point out that the DA2/DV2 offered not only state-of the-art sound, but also state-of the-art measurements (See JA's measurements of the EMM Labs DV2 in the March 2019 issue of Stereophile) Take a look at the impulse response of the DV2 with 44.1kHz data. There is no ringing on either side of the pulse! In contrast, take a look at the impulse response of Filter 1, 4, 5 of the Vivaldi DAC provided by John Atkinson. JA said: "Fig.1 shows the impulse response of Filter 1 with 44.1kHz data. The symmetrical ringing either side of the pulse maps the filter coefficients and reveals this filter to be a conventional linear-phase type. ... Filters 2–4 have increasingly shorter linear-phase impulse responses (fig.2 show Filter 4's impulse response), while Filter 5 (fig.3) is a minimum-phase type, with all the ringing following the pulse." (Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...dJscoGcqxF9.99) John Atkinson concluded that the DV2 offered state-of the-art measured performance.

Emm da2 dac

Hi all, Take a look at Lumin X1's specification also: DIGITAL OUTPUT STAGE

USB: Native DSD512 support,PCM 44.1–768kHz, 16–32-bit, stereo
    BNC S/PDIF: PCM 44.1khz–192khz, 16–24-bit; DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8mhz, 1-bit
    Optical network: Industry-standard SFP, 1000base-T Eigabit Ethernet. Adapter may be needed for your particular switch/cables. Use simultaneously with RJ45

My point is that EMM Labs is offering all available options, including the AES3 (AES-EBU) interface!
    Andy, you might not see the wood of the trees here or are intentionally trying to confuse things. In all the information you put out, there’s somehow no mention that the DA2/ DV2:
    - only offer MQA via USB
    - only support full bandwidth over USB
    - do not have an Ethernet connection/ streaming capability

Based on the DV2 Stereophile test I initially cited, the best SQ was not delivered through USB according to the reviewer. Hence, DA2/ DV2 neither allow full bandwidth, nor MQA via the best sounding interface. Streaming capability is something most top-end DACs nowadays support (Brinkmann, MSB, DCS). At a 25K/ 30K price tag I personally expect the bees knees.

That was the point made. Nothing less, nothing more.

Hi all, I found the following information online:

AES3: Audio Engineering Society Standard #3EBU: European Broadcasting UnionThe AES3 interface was already specified in 1985 and it wasmade a standard in 1992. Ever since the standard is recurrently updated and adapted to advanced requirements. Fromthere the standard is very universal and it‘s applicability ismanifold. On the other side this makes it somewhat complex.Specifications• 2 channels• balanced transmission• XLR connector• audio data up to 24Bit / 192kHz• cable length: 100m and more• impedance: 110Ohm (± 20%)• level: 2 - 7 Vpp at the output side of a unit(at 110 Ohm, without long wiring)• large channel status information

Hi, I want to add that the same applies to SPDIF interface - it will accept audio data up to 24Bit / 192kHz

Exactly, lots of material nowadays comes in 24/352.8K or with UHDCD even 32/352.8K.

So USB accepts a higher data rate, that does not mean it it is the better sounding option.
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

So USB accepts a higher data rate, that does not mean it it is the better sounding option.
    That's very true. However, I have also read that higher data rate does not necessarily produce better sound quality.

Sorry, a repeat
    Last edited by Yuen Andy; February 25, 2019 at 10:48 AM. Reason: a repeat

Hi all, the review of the EMM Labs DV2 by JVS of Stereophile is now available online: https://www.stereophile.com/content/...2-da-processor

That’s good. So now everybody can read for themselves what he really said Emm da2 dac.

Hi all, I want to point out that the DA2/DV2 offered not only state-of the-art sound, but also state-of the-art measurements (See JA's measurements of the EMM Labs DV2 in the March 2019 issue of Stereophile) Take a look at the impulse response of the DV2 with 44.1kHz data. There is no ringing on either side of the pulse! In contrast, take a look at the impulse response of Filter 1, 4, 5 of the Vivaldi DAC provided by John Atkinson. JA said: "Fig.1 shows the impulse response of Filter 1 with 44.1kHz data. The symmetrical ringing either side of the pulse maps the filter coefficients and reveals this filter to be a conventional linear-phase type. ... Filters 2–4 have increasingly shorter linear-phase impulse responses (fig.2 show Filter 4's impulse response), while Filter 5 (fig.3) is a minimum-phase type, with all the ringing following the pulse." (Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...dJscoGcqxF9.99) John Atkinson concluded that the DV2 offered state-of the-art measured performance.
    Actually that "perfect" impulse response is a technical flaw from sampling theory's pov; It is obtained by using a very slow roll off filter (opposite of what Chord does for example with their extremely sharp filters) of which effect you can see in the intermodulation distortion graph (compare it to Chord DAVE or even Qutest).

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...comment-758025

If the DA2/DV2 can work on Linux without drivers with the USB connection, it could be used with something like a Lumin, Auralic or Aurender that offer USB outputs to be able to play the higher rates without resorting to a PC.

What I find puzzling is the DSD128 limitation of the DA2/DV2 over USB when the converter itself upsamples internally to DSD1024.

[QUOTE=Anatta;264080]Actually that "perfect" impulse response is a technical flaw from sampling theory's pov; It is obtained by using a very slow roll off filter (opposite of what Chord does for example with their extremely sharp filters) of which effect you can see in the intermodulation distortion graph (compare it to Chord DAVE or even Qutest).

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...comment-758025

According to what I have read, the cause of ringing (transient smearing) is due to a signal being bandlimited and are undesirable because it imprint digital audio with an unnatural sound quality.

Hi all,

JVS of Stereophile (in the comment section of his review of the EMM Labs DV2) said: "I spent a huge amount of time with the DV2, which is now with me on loan to use in future reviews because I think it sounds so good. Because my best source for feeding it files is the Network Bridge, which doesn't have a USB out, I limit my files to 192 PCM or DSD64, and forego playing MQA."
    Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...i1VkgI4UhqF.99

Have you heard any Lampi dacs ? I have on hand a gg2 and new pac as well.
    I owned the msb plate 4 all updated.
    I have heard at Lenth the msb sel 2. It's a good dac but lampizaror plays music not just sound
    as for any dc being brite I doubt any is made to be and can be made right with many adjustments.

Audioshark

Hi all,

JVS of Stereophile (in the comment section of his review of the EMM Labs DV2) said: "I spent a huge amount of time with the DV2, which is now with me on loan to use in future reviews because I think it sounds so good. Because my best source for feeding it files is the Network Bridge, which doesn't have a USB out, I limit my files to 192 PCM or DSD64, and forego playing MQA."
    Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...i1VkgI4UhqF.99
    Do you work for Emm or Meitner or any associated company, dealer or distributor? Since you joined, every single post has been about EMM. Please disclose all affiliations.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Your up early I like that lol. My pac cleared customs yesterday I can pic it up today
    I also have a new GG2 as well. Lets see what a head to head sounds like.
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Your up early I like that lol. My pac cleared customs yesterday I can pic it up today
    I also have a new GG2 as well. Lets see what a head to head sounds like.
    Nice. Didn’t you already have a PAC? This is a second or replacement?

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Hahaha good reply yes I did it was a buddies this one is mine
    it's a cool color scheme too. I'll post pics soon. Both the GG2 and the PAC are SE models
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33

Mike I can't. Seem to upload pics any advice ?
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Mike I can't. Seem to upload pics any advice ?
    Check your browser and settings. Use Tapatalk app?

NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

aren't we getting off topic at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Do you work for Emm or Meitner or any associated company, dealer or distributor? Since you joined, every single post has been about EMM. Please disclose all affiliations.
    Hi Mike,

The answer is NO. I am just an audiophile and a music lover. BTW, this is an EMM DA2 thread!

Hi all, you might be interested in the following report by Jonathan Valin (Munich High End 2019: Loudspeakers - The absolute sound)

MartinLogan showed its $80k, three-way, electrostatic-hybrid Neolith (large curvilinear electrostatic panel, 12" front-firing carbon-fiber mid/woofer crossed over at 400Hz, and rear-firing, ported 15" subwoofer), driven by Pass Labs electronics, sourced by an EMMLabs DA2 and a VPI HW-40 turntable, and wired with and conditioned by MIT. Combining a supremely lively and lifelike boxless ’stat sound in the midrange and treble with the best blend of a dynamic woofer/subwoofer of any ML hybrid I’ve heard, the Neolith was superb on a digital cut of Fischer-Dieskau singing Schubert lieder—and on everything else played. So fast and clean and open, these speakers just don’t sound like dynamics; it is as if they aren’t dragging that cone-and-box chain behind them. Of course, they didn’t have all the midbass weight and power of cones either, but with the most finely detailed and realistic midrange I heard in Munich, they simply stood ahead of the competition.

Audioshark

Hi all, you might be interested in the following report by Jonathan Valin (Munich High End 2019: Loudspeakers - The absolute sound)

MartinLogan showed its $80k, three-way, electrostatic-hybrid Neolith (large curvilinear electrostatic panel, 12" front-firing carbon-fiber mid/woofer crossed over at 400Hz, and rear-firing, ported 15" subwoofer), driven by Pass Labs electronics, sourced by an EMMLabs DA2 and a VPI HW-40 turntable, and wired with and conditioned by MIT. Combining a supremely lively and lifelike boxless ’stat sound in the midrange and treble with the best blend of a dynamic woofer/subwoofer of any ML hybrid I’ve heard, the Neolith was superb on a digital cut of Fischer-Dieskau singing Schubert lieder—and on everything else played. So fast and clean and open, these speakers just don’t sound like dynamics; it is as if they aren’t dragging that cone-and-box chain behind them. Of course, they didn’t have all the midbass weight and power of cones either, but with the most finely detailed and realistic midrange I heard in Munich, they simply stood ahead of the competition.
    His comments on this room surprised me. I heard it three times and was never overly impressed. Best I ever heard the ML Neoliths was with the big ARC REF750SE’s. That was magic. Otherwise, I like the ESL 9/11/13/15a range with Constellation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last weekend I listened to a EMM labs reference system. It is one of the best I've ever heard.
    Those amps have a iron grip on these speakers without losing the musicality.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Joe Cox, editor-in-chief @ what hifi? (High End Munich 2019 Show Report) states: "What better place to start than a massive pair of electrostatic speakers? "Truth in sound" is what Martin Logan promises from its flagship, made -to-order Neolith speakers and they were certainly sounding staggeringly revealing being fed by electronics from Pass Labs."

Ed Selley of hi-fi + (avforums Munich High End 2019 show report) writes: "This wasn’t the most expensive system at the show and neither was it the largest, most complex or even the largest red speaker on show but it generated the sound I liked the most. The Martin Logan Neolith is the flagship design of the hybrid electrostatic speaker from the company and it was doing a fine turn on the end of a system from fellow US high end denizens, Pass Labs. It had truly incredible reserves of scale and combined this with speed, tonal realism and sheer musicality that isn’t always present with systems at the MOC."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Emm da2 dac