Emm da2 dac - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Emm da2 dac

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Emm da2 dac

Quote Originally Posted by Yuen Andy View Post
    Hi, Interestingly, Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile, in his review of the DV2, said: "... a few comparisons of the MacBook Pro with the dCS Network Bridge revealed that nothing sent from the MacBook Pro via USB sounded anywhere near as full and rich in colors as signals that bypassed the computer entirely and relied solely on the Network Bridge's coax outputs. Realizing that, regardless of the claimed jitter-free superiority of EMM Labs's USB input, my USB source was compromised ... Even with a computer as the source, when I played Debussy's Trios Chansons de Bilitis from our January 2019 'Recording of the Month,' mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato Into the Fire (24/96 WAV, Erato 573800), I was won over by the beauty of the DV2’s extremely natural, warm, smooth, and non-fatiguing sound.”
    ...well, he also says that the network bridge via S/PDIF connection has won him over (p. 105).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tsui View Post
    Hi Bar81

Thanks for the tip on ground control. I am using the Nordost Qkore 6 and find it lowers the noise floor of the system, thus enabling more details to be heard. However it wasn't a mind blowing effect. I am connecting the Qkore to the AES output/input of the TX2 and DA2.
    You're way ahead of me then

Take a look at this review from Roy Gregory (personally, one of the very few reviewers I trust). He likes and uses Nordost products. While I don't have the full setup of Ground Controls he's using, his description of the effects is spot on so far (although obviously I can't comment on the effect of combining units until I get another one):

http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/T..._Review_LR.pdf

He mentions in his review that not all grounding products have the same effectiveness.

Post Thanks / Like

High praise from Roy Gregory indeed, and I do have lots of Nordost products. Will try CAD if the chance comes up.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am using the Shunyata Research Hydra DPC-6 Digital Power Distribution Center. The Hydra DPC-6 electrically isolates these digital devices and provides a firewall to prevent them from polluting and degrading the sonic performance of the audio components sharing the power line. In my system, the Hydra DPC-6 elimination of the digital noise results in greater clarity to the sound. Resolution and focus are greatly improved and micro dynamics of instruments seem more real. The DPC-6 is far superior (with digital components) to the Shunyata Triton power distribution center.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yuen Andy View Post
    Hi, I am using the Shunyata Research Hydra DPC-6 Digital Power Distribution Center. The Hydra DPC-6 electrically isolates these digital devices and provides a firewall to prevent them from polluting and degrading the sonic performance of the audio components sharing the power line. In my system, the Hydra DPC-6 elimination of the digital noise results in greater clarity to the sound. Resolution and focus are greatly improved and micro dynamics of instruments seem more real. The DPC-6 is far superior (with digital components) to the Shunyata Triton power distribution center.
    Thanks for the report, I don't know of many people who have purchased the DPC-6. Most either just get the Triton or maybe will add the Typhon and stop, even those with digital front ends. Are you saying you connect your DA2 to the DPC-6? If so, that's interesting since it's not a fully digital unit and DPC-6 seems to be focused on fully digital items like transports, streamers and monitors.

In any case, just to be clear, what the CAD Ground Control addresses is not adequately dealt with by any power conditioner, including the Shunyata full stack.

To me, the CAD Ground Control is at least as important as power treatment given the improvement in my system that I've heard from the insertion of only a single GC1.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Yes, My DA2 and EMM transport are connected to the DPC-6. Connecting the DA2 to the DPC-6 does not affect transients in my system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    ...well, he also says that the network bridge via S/PDIF connection has won him over (p. 105).

Yes. Jason Victor Serinus also says "But when I ditched the computer and, using the Aurender N10's USB output, played JA's MQA-encoded master file of Eric Whitacre's Lux Aurumque, from male vocal ensemble Cantus's While You Are Alive (24/88.2 CD Baby 5637240534), the music server's more color-filled sound assured me that this would be one joy-filled review."

Post Thanks / Like

Emm da2 dac

There is a reason why people are moving away from USB. If Meitner has not heard the penny drop on that, too bad for him. The surprising question of course is, why to make a 25K DAC and not offer the best interfaces? And more surprisingly, why are the highest bit rates only supported via this suboptimal interface?

And Jason clearly states, to his ears USB is the inferior interface based on his review.

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

9. Likes Mike, GSOphile liked this post

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7