Emm da2 dac - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emm da2 dac

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Emm da2 dac

It was not you, life just got in the way. Glad you are here.

I’m sure someone will hopefully provide some guidance. I’ve owned some Emm Labs gear awhile ago. Sounded great to me but I’m not familiar with Vivaldi.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh C1100, MC275VI, MC452, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300,
    Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

Emm da2 dac

Home renovation is DONE! 6 months of my room being down really sucked. But hooked up my stereo this afternoon.

I have a DA2, with the latest v2 upgrade, that came early this week and I had it burning in connected to my N10 for 4 days.

I still need to move speakers into exact position, and my acoustical treatment isnít on my ceiling yet. My wife is begging me to not put it back up... we just refinished our ceilings.

First impressions are really good. This thing sounds amazing. Only issue is all my (bootlegged) DSD is popping. Apparently converting from ISO to DSF can cause that. Thereís a work around, but enough of that.. Iíll just do the right thing and pay for the downloads.

Iím incredibly impressed. It sounds SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Esoteric K1, and thatís really saying something.

Time will tell... but this may be a keeper.

I have a MSB Premier coming after thanksgiving to give a whirl as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 28b3s, Bryston 4b3, Bryston 9bsst2
    Digital: Aurender N10, Esoteric Grandioso K1, Cybershaft OP12 Clock
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c, Kef Ci200RR-THX (surround/back)
    Subs: Two JL Audio F212v2
    Power: PS Audio PS10, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS
    Video: Oppo 203, LG 65inch OLED
    -Kyle

3. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    Home renovation is DONE! 6 months of my room being down really sucked. But hooked up my stereo this afternoon.

I have a DA2, with the latest v2 upgrade, that came early this week and I had it burning in connected to my N10 for 4 days.

I still need to move speakers into exact position, and my acoustical treatment isnít on my ceiling yet. My wife is begging me to not put it back up... we just refinished our ceilings.

First impressions are really good. This thing sounds amazing. Only issue is all my (bootlegged) DSD is popping. Apparently converting from ISO to DSF can cause that. Thereís a work around, but enough of that.. Iíll just do the right thing and pay for the downloads.

Iím incredibly impressed. It sounds SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Esoteric K1, and thatís really saying something.

Time will tell... but this may be a keeper.

I have a MSB Premier coming after thanksgiving to give a whirl as well.

Hi Phishphan

Please let us know what you think of the DA2 in comparison with the MSB Premier after you are done comparing the two. Thanks. Andy

5. Likes Phishphan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yuen Andy View Post
    Hi Phishphan

Please let us know what you think of the DA2 in comparison with the MSB Premier after you are done comparing the two. Thanks. Andy
    Will do. I also need to get my room back to the way it was. Iíll work on that this weekend. Lots of measuring, SPL meters.

Even in a ďrawĒ room that isnít dialed in, it sounds better than any DAC Iíve ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Phishpan,

1. Many thanks.

2. When it comes to sounding natural and real, the DA2 is hard to beat!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay here. I sprained my ankle at the Brandi Carlile show last week and I was off for a while. Still in pain, but getting better.

DSD popping issue is 100% on the N10. No issues with JRiver feeding the DA2. Iíve contacted Aurender about this, and theyíre looking into it. I had engineers looking at my unit via the internet for a few hours last night.. still not fixed. Might be time to switch media players,

The DA2 has been playing for weeks, non stop. It continues to be amazing. The 3D sound is incredible.

I have a MSB Reference from a local dealer sitting in a box that Iíll get to opening soon. Iím in Miami all next week for work, so I may set it up and run it during that time for burn in.

More to follow

-Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    Sorry for the delay here. I sprained my ankle at the Brandi Carlile show last week and I was off for a while. Still in pain, but getting better.

DSD popping issue is 100% on the N10. No issues with JRiver feeding the DA2. Iíve contacted Aurender about this, and theyíre looking into it. I had engineers looking at my unit via the internet for a few hours last night.. still not fixed. Might be time to switch media players,

The DA2 has been playing for weeks, non stop. It continues to be amazing. The 3D sound is incredible.

I have a MSB Reference from a local dealer sitting in a box that Iíll get to opening soon. Iím in Miami all next week for work, so I may set it up and run it during that time for burn in.

More to follow

Hi Phishphan

1. Sorry to hear about your ankle sprain. We wish you a speedy recovery.

2. The DA2 requires some 500 hrs of burn-in to sound its best

3. It's a rare opportunity to be able to compare the DA2 with the MSB reference in a system one is familiar with. Your honest appraisal would be appreciated by all.

Post Thanks / Like

A question for the EMM Owners/users on this thread. Well, a couple of ...

MQA support was announced a while back for the DA2. I believe at RMAF 2018

However, not get into an MQA debate but, have DA2 owners received a software/firmware update yet? Or heard anything form EMM?

DA2 owners here are using third party transports to feed the DAC(Aurrender). Makes me wonder if EMM's performance could be taken higher if they had their own network rendering transport? Eg DCS Network Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post

However, not get into an MQA debate but, have DA2 owners received a software/firmware update yet? Or heard anything form EMM?

DA2 owners here are using third party transports to feed the DAC(Aurrender). Makes me wonder if EMM's performance could be taken higher if they had their own network rendering transport? Eg DCS Network Bridge.

The answer is No.

YFS: The DA2 will be given a moderately priced update to allow it to decode an MQA data stream as well. This will come some time in 2019.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post

Would love to see a EMM network transport.

-Kyle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast