Emm da2 dac - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Emm da2 dac

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Emm da2 dac

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Mike I can't. Seem to upload pics any advice ?
    Check your browser and settings. Use Tapatalk app?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Post Thanks / Like

aren't we getting off topic at this point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Do you work for Emm or Meitner or any associated company, dealer or distributor? Since you joined, every single post has been about EMM. Please disclose all affiliations.
    Hi Mike,

The answer is NO. I am just an audiophile and a music lover. BTW, this is an EMM DA2 thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, you might be interested in the following report by Jonathan Valin (Munich High End 2019: Loudspeakers - The absolute sound)

MartinLogan showed its $80k, three-way, electrostatic-hybrid Neolith (large curvilinear electrostatic panel, 12" front-firing carbon-fiber mid/woofer crossed over at 400Hz, and rear-firing, ported 15" subwoofer), driven by Pass Labs electronics, sourced by an EMMLabs DA2 and a VPI HW-40 turntable, and wired with and conditioned by MIT. Combining a supremely lively and lifelike boxless ístat sound in the midrange and treble with the best blend of a dynamic woofer/subwoofer of any ML hybrid Iíve heard, the Neolith was superb on a digital cut of Fischer-Dieskau singing Schubert liederóand on everything else played. So fast and clean and open, these speakers just donít sound like dynamics; it is as if they arenít dragging that cone-and-box chain behind them. Of course, they didnít have all the midbass weight and power of cones either, but with the most finely detailed and realistic midrange I heard in Munich, they simply stood ahead of the competition.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yuen Andy View Post
    Hi all, you might be interested in the following report by Jonathan Valin (Munich High End 2019: Loudspeakers - The absolute sound)

MartinLogan showed its $80k, three-way, electrostatic-hybrid Neolith (large curvilinear electrostatic panel, 12" front-firing carbon-fiber mid/woofer crossed over at 400Hz, and rear-firing, ported 15" subwoofer), driven by Pass Labs electronics, sourced by an EMMLabs DA2 and a VPI HW-40 turntable, and wired with and conditioned by MIT. Combining a supremely lively and lifelike boxless ístat sound in the midrange and treble with the best blend of a dynamic woofer/subwoofer of any ML hybrid Iíve heard, the Neolith was superb on a digital cut of Fischer-Dieskau singing Schubert liederóand on everything else played. So fast and clean and open, these speakers just donít sound like dynamics; it is as if they arenít dragging that cone-and-box chain behind them. Of course, they didnít have all the midbass weight and power of cones either, but with the most finely detailed and realistic midrange I heard in Munich, they simply stood ahead of the competition.
    His comments on this room surprised me. I heard it three times and was never overly impressed. Best I ever heard the ML Neoliths was with the big ARC REF750SEís. That was magic. Otherwise, I like the ESL 9/11/13/15a range with Constellation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

7. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend I listened to a EMM labs reference system. It is one of the best I've ever heard.
    Those amps have a iron grip on these speakers without losing the musicality.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

9. Likes Phishphan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe Cox, editor-in-chief @ what hifi? (High End Munich 2019 Show Report) states: "What better place to start than a massive pair of electrostatic speakers? "Truth in sound" is what Martin Logan promises from its flagship, made -to-order Neolith speakers and they were certainly sounding staggeringly revealing being fed by electronics from Pass Labs."

Post Thanks / Like

Ed Selley of hi-fi + (avforums Munich High End 2019 show report) writes: "This wasnít the most expensive system at the show and neither was it the largest, most complex or even the largest red speaker on show but it generated the sound I liked the most. The Martin Logan Neolith is the flagship design of the hybrid electrostatic speaker from the company and it was doing a fine turn on the end of a system from fellow US high end denizens, Pass Labs. It had truly incredible reserves of scale and combined this with speed, tonal realism and sheer musicality that isnít always present with systems at the MOC."

12. Likes Phishphan liked this post

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10