Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Critical Mass Center Stage 2

Just curious looking at my signature. Where would you deploy them first. I have my thoughts I just want to see if everyone else agrees. Thank you

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Just curious looking at my signature. Where would you deploy them first. I have my thoughts I just want to see if everyone else agrees. Thank you
    What’s your DAC? What’s your digital setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I believe I have dac's on my processor. otherwise no external dac.

Just experiment! But you need to be patient, 2 weeks minimum under whatever component before you can come to any meaningful assessment.
    Speakers: Magico M3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso stack | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma | Rack: YG Acoustics Rack 1.8
    | Source: Kaleidescape Premiere (4 x 6TB) | Power: Shunyata Typhon-QR, Everest and Denali

I have a set of Critical Mass footers under my Dac/Streamer, and mono block tube amps. No preamp in the system.
    I was thinking of getting another set to go under my Niagara 7000 power conditioner, but not sure if it would show sound quality improvement there. I tried Stillpoints Ultra SS and was not impressed under the Niagara.
    Can anyone comment if the CM footers would benefit a power conditioner?

ozzy

I still wonder how these actually work, is there some type of magnet that slowly draws and holds vibration, sounds far fetched I know, but something is happening to allow two weeks of rollercoaster results before working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    ..Can anyone comment if the CM footers would benefit a power conditioner?
    You have two sets of CM footers, why not try them for yourself under the power conditioner?
    Speakers: Magico M3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso stack | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma | Rack: YG Acoustics Rack 1.8
    | Source: Kaleidescape Premiere (4 x 6TB) | Power: Shunyata Typhon-QR, Everest and Denali

Then, I would be removing a set from under the components, thus reducing the effectiveness that is already there.

ozzy

I wonder what would happen if I install these under my listening chair?

It would take two weeks to find out.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Does one listen by making the system play music or does the system make one listen by playing music? Do we wait for a new component to break in or does a new component wait for us to break in? Taken in the context of quantum physics, anything is possible...

Serge,

Sounds like you are looking for an argument. If you are not willing to try, then your opinion has no merit, just your biased opinion.

ozzy

Serge,

Sounds like you are looking for an argument. If you are not willing to try, then your opinion has no merit, just your biased opinion.

ozzy
    Not at all, just injecting a bit of humor. Over the 30 years of being into the hobby, I've experimented with all kinds of isolation devices, wood, metal, resin, stone, combination of materials, up to and including bicycle tires with pressure gauges underneath components to see if a specific isolation strategy would be best... It was fun to experiment. I do not need further convincing... Have fun with it. I have nothing against it, your system, your money, your enjoyment.

Well I just received and immediately installed the Critical Mass Footers 2 1.0 version underneath the Niagara 7000. And though I know it will take much time to break in (or adjust), at this moment, I am clearly hearing better separation of the instruments within the soundstage.

So, though I am expecting things to improve further in the next few weeks with additional settling time, I can honestly conclude that the Audioquest Niagara 7000 does improve considerably with using the Critical Mass footers.

ozzy

Any update on status of how sound improved using them under the power conditioner?
    Boulder 2160 and 2110, Esoteric K01XD, Magico S3s mk2s, 2 REL carbon special subs, Authentic Audio Images Assoluto cables, Stromtank 2500 mk2, HRS M3x isolation pads, Stillpoint ultra ss v2 footers, Dedicated sub panel in the room and dedicated sound room with ASC tube traps and Vicoustics treatments

Solecky,

I am very pleased with the sonic results of the CM 2's under my Niagara 7000. Images seem to jump out of my speakers. I have now become used to the sound and don't intend to remove them.

ozzy

Thx!
    Boulder 2160 and 2110, Esoteric K01XD, Magico S3s mk2s, 2 REL carbon special subs, Authentic Audio Images Assoluto cables, Stromtank 2500 mk2, HRS M3x isolation pads, Stillpoint ultra ss v2 footers, Dedicated sub panel in the room and dedicated sound room with ASC tube traps and Vicoustics treatments

So I am wonderin', my Amps sit on a Grand Prix amp stands, would the critical mass footers work in conjunction with the Grand Prix? Just asking before I go through the exercise of removing them.

ozzy

Audioshark

So I am wonderin', my Amps sit on a Grand Prix amp stands, would the critical mass footers work in conjunction with the Grand Prix? Just asking before I go through the exercise of removing them.

ozzy
    Since the Critical Mass Center Stage 2 feet work in conjunction with any Critical Mass stand (or any stand for that matter), yes they would work together. At home, I have Critical Mass Center Stage 2 feet under everything.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike,
    Thanks!

ozzy

If I understand correctly, the period of two weeks is with the system on and playing music 24/7? So with a system turned on and playing music for 8 hours a day, should we expect a much longer settlement period?
    Is this correct?
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

I wouldn't think so.....I would have thought break-in is on account of load bearing, not playing music as such. Not something to think too much about.

These are intriguing footers and CM platforms are of exceptional build quality and results. If I read correctly between the lines of the review and
    some comments here and elsewhere seem to be claiming that footers and racks in general, and CM in specific, are supposed to need
    break-in for up to two (2) weeks.

Is this an active assertion out there? I'm a huge fan of break-in of cables, speakers, components, wire in wall, outlets, in short most things
    having heard the results over the past couple of decades with no doubt left behind. With respect, I have to admit I have a very hard time
    wrapping my head around any suggestion that a rack or footer or damping plate/etc,...need break-in past the initial few minutes or
    maybe the first hour that the load takes to settle in on the rack or footer.

I am not trying to start a religious debate here only saying that this one time I have hard time accepting break-in (with racks and footers,
    damping plates and the like) as a multi-day/multi-week concern.

If anyone has more specifics to share, I'd be open to learning from them on this. Thank you...
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Tell you what, let's do a swap and see what gives. I send you some CS2's, you send me an Omega Clock-50?

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Tell you what, let's do a swap and see what gives. I send you some CS2's, you send me an Omega Clock-50?
    If I was lucky enough to own an Omega Clock-50, it would not leave my house
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Those prices are for each foot. So is your system sucking now? It’s supposed to take at least 10 days before your system stops sucking and you enter the promised land of “immersion.”
    How many sets of these do you have now?
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Critical Mass Center Stage 2