AudioQuest FireBird HC Power Cables - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AudioQuest FireBird HC Power Cables

And how do they compare against other (slightly cheaper) offerings such as Shunyata Sigma NR?

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

AudioQuest FireBird HC Power Cables

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    And how do they compare against other (slightly cheaper) offerings such as Shunyata Sigma NR?
    Night and day. The AQ’s are highly transparent, resolving and dynamic. The Shunyata’s are dead quiet, black backgrounds, with a slight warmth in the lower mids. Smooth on top. Cables are all about synergy and matching with a system. I frankly don’t think one is better than the other. Shunyata in my home system is just what the doctor ordered for my horns: low noise, meat on ‘dem bones, smooth on top. On the MBL’s, Magico’s, Harbeth’s, it comes down to personal taste, with some choosing the characteristics of the AQ - transparent, dynamic, resolving and others choosing the characteristics of the Shunyata. One is chocolate, the other is vanilla.

The MIT we leave as another great pairing with Magico. Strictly Magico. Love the 2C3D cables on the M2’s!!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

3. Likes brodricj, johndoe21ro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Night and day. The AQ’s are highly transparent, resolving and dynamic. The Shunyata’s are dead quiet, black backgrounds, with a slight warmth in the lower mids. Smooth on top. Cables are all about synergy and matching with a system. I frankly don’t think one is better than the other. Shunyata in my home system is just what the doctor ordered for my horns: low noise, meat on ‘dem bones, smooth on top. On the MBL’s, Magico’s, Harbeth’s, it comes down to personal taste, with some choosing the characteristics of the AQ - transparent, dynamic, resolving and others choosing the characteristics of the Shunyata. One is chocolate, the other is vanilla.

The MIT we leave as another great pairing with Magico. Strictly Magico. Love the 2C3D cables on the M2’s!!
    System synergy is the key and as you said very subjective.

Personally , I’ve had great success with Shunyata on power and MIT handling interconnects and speaker cables.

Speaking of MIT cables and Magico Is there a technical reason why the pairing works well ?

I’ve asked that question to both companies and they kinda deferred to each other.

I’m thinking it has something to do with sealed cabinet speakers and networked cables.

But, I’m not an engineer.

I’ve heard MIT on another sealed cabinet brand and the preferred MIT as well on that speaker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not elaborated as 2C3D, but MIT EVO One speaker interface on my S3s is superb. I’ve used middle of the range Siltech, Nordost and Transparent before, but MIT EVO One was a revelation in my system.

https://mitcables.com/product/evo-on...ker-interface/

6. Likes Mike, Dguitarnut liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3