The MSB Premier review I didn't write - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MSB Premier review I didn't write

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    I do think the result is well worth the effort. IMO, this is the next step in digital reproduction to get out of the box swapping merry-go-‘round and also the future of digital audio, esp. with network streaming.
    The only streaming that I do is YouTube over my $ 30 headphones. For hifi listening I buy CDs, and I have too many anyways. I listen to pieces over and over again in order to internalize them in detail (classical, jazz, avant-garde, Zappa...). If I wanted to have an ever changing diet I'd certainly want to go into streaming. It all depends on listening habits. I have mine, others have theirs.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Pass B1 passive buffered preamp (revised 2014 version) / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen and tested for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

2. Likes Sean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    The only streaming that I do is YouTube over my $ 30 headphones. For hifi listening I buy CDs, and I have too many anyways. I listen to pieces over and over again in order to internalize them in detail (classical, jazz, avant-garde, Zappa...). If I wanted to have an ever changing diet I'd certainly want to go into streaming. It all depends on listening habits. I have mine, others have theirs.
    Understand. Everyone needs to make their own choices.

I may have slightly different definition than others when I say network streaming, which, for me, includes storing music on a NAS and streaming via Ethernet to Renderer module like MSB one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    ---Quote (Originally by still-one)---
    Because it is a figment of your imagination. That dead horse you keep beating. Yada Yada Yada.
    ---End Quote---
    Off course it could be those shitty Magico speakers you own.

Well there it is

Any bit of micro credibility you had is gone.......
    Yeah, the reason I quickly delegated it was because I knew you wouldn't get the irony.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I think you will be extremely happy with what adding the GigaFoilv4 does for the sound quality of your system. For me, it was the equivalent of when I added a power conditioner to my system. Since virtually all the noise is contained at the GigaFoilv4, the quality of its power supply and the Ethernet cable following it are of the utmost importance.

Best,
    Ken
    Thanks Ken. I’m looking forward to it. Already thinking about LPS. Can you confirm Gigafoil v4 DC input is 5V?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ken. I’m looking forward to it. Already thinking about LPS. Can you confirm Gigafoil v4 DC input is 5V?
    It says on the GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter for Power: 5 Volts DC Maximum / 1 Amp Minimum.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

7. Thanks kzhtoo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking at the MSB DACs a bit more. They have only balanced outputs?
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Pass B1 passive buffered preamp (revised 2014 version) / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen and tested for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Post Thanks / Like

look at MSB site and under DACs it has a pricing tab. You choose rca or xlr
    System #1................................................ System #2

ROON Nucleus + server ...............................SME 20/3A
    MSB Premier DAC / V2 Renderer ...................SME V arm
    VAC Signature MkII SE Preamp .....................Dynavector TE Kaitora Rua
    Aesthetix Altas Signature Stereo Amp.......... Sutherland current gain phono stage prototype now called Phono loco
    Wilson Audio Sasha II................................ Aesthetix Romulus Signature
    REL G1 Mk II (pair) Subs............................ Bryston BDP2
    Transparent Audio Gen 5 Reference........... T+A PA3000HV Integrated
    .................................................. ...............Vienna Acoustic Liszt
    .................................................. ...............Audience Front Row

10. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billt1 View Post
    look at MSB site and under DACs it has a pricing tab. You choose rca or xlr
    Great, thanks. I would be screwed if it were only XLR because I have a Pass B1 buffered preamp (no gain) that has only single ended inputs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    Great, thanks. I would be screwed if it were only XLR because I have a Pass B1 buffered preamp (no gain) that has only single ended inputs.
    All MSB DACs have volume control/ preamp built in. Preamp in Reference and Select II is known to be reference level good (also have analog inputs if you need more than one inputs).

13. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All MSB DACs have volume control/ preamp built in. Preamp in Reference and Select II is known to be reference level good (also have analog inputs if you need more than one inputs).
    Thanks. I am bit wary of digital volume controls, which are probably found in Discrete and Premier. But when I audition I may try both ways.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast