Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Rust proofing, does it work?

I just bought a new 2018 Mazda 6 Turbo GT Reserve edition with the special Red Paint. It will be delivered to my home on Monday. I am going to get the Ceramic paint treatment which is warrantied for 7 years. They also offer undercoat rust proofing for $600. I live in Minnesota. I will be keeping the car a long time as I purchased their lifetime bumper to bumper warranty.

My question is, is it worth it for the rust treatment? I have read in years past that all this does is help a little with road noise but it does not help with rust. Mazda offers a 10 year guaranty against rust.

I almost pulled the trigger on a used Boss 302 Mustang with 26K miles on it in mint condition but I needed a daily driver. Maybe in a year or 2. Also drove a loaded Camaro but I could not get comfy and the visibility was awful

Thanks!

Larry
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Re: Rust proofing, does it work?

I thought all of the rust proofing businesses went out of business years ago due to car manufacturers changing the way they prepped and primed their metal. Some rust proofing actually caused rust. Every place they drilled a hole in your car to squirt their magic goo was a rust starting point.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

I agree with the way manufacturers are now painting the cars, rust proofing isn't needed. Sure was needed growing up in Illinois 30 years ago tho.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

It works in Vermont, but I think it depends on person applying, and your car. I've been told that Audi and Lexus are less prone to rust than others.

And it's probably only worth it if you plan to keep your car for 10 years or more.
    Jon

Just helps the dealers bottom line.
    Avantgarde Zero 1 XD
    Aurender N100H
    Oppo BDP - 105D
    Sony A8F 65“ Drop dead gorgeous picture.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Rust proofing, does it work?