Power cable annoyance? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power cable annoyance?

I use stock power chords. For some weird reason I never seem to have problems.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Pass B1 passive buffered preamp (revised 2014 version) / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), wool carpets

2. Likes CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Glad to be here.
    Clearaudio Master Innovation + Linear Power Supply | DS Audio Master1 Cartridge System | CAD CAT Transport | CAD 5413 MKII DAC | Soulution 520 Preamplifier | Soulution 711 Power Amplifier | Maxonic TW1200 Speakers | PS Audio P20 | Tellurium Q Statement Cabling | Furutech NCF Booster + Booster Signals | CAD GC1 Ground Controls | A Chair

Post Thanks / Like

I made these. Found some brass discs at the local salvage yard. Used stainless steel bolts and nuts, The green pieces are pipe clamp/supports. Sprayed the base with rubber coating and applied self stick non-slip rubber pad on bottom. Works great. cost about $10 ea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My System:
    A trusty old Pioneer PD-65 as a Transport, A MicroRendui, a Merrill Heirloom T.T. as sources. A Lampizator DAC to PAD Cables to a SP-14 Tubed PreAmp, Coincident Frankenstein 300B monoblocks, & or Valvet E-2, Fusion speaker cables, AudioKinesis Zephryn 46 Speakers. pair Rythmik F-12 subs, EP2050, DCCA Furutech and Kaplan Power cables, APC power conditioner, Two dedicated 20Amp power lines. DIY corner traps and Acoustic Geometry Curves for room treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

Front view. Sorry for the sideways pics. don't know how to correct
    My System:
    A trusty old Pioneer PD-65 as a Transport, A MicroRendui, a Merrill Heirloom T.T. as sources. A Lampizator DAC to PAD Cables to a SP-14 Tubed PreAmp, Coincident Frankenstein 300B monoblocks, & or Valvet E-2, Fusion speaker cables, AudioKinesis Zephryn 46 Speakers. pair Rythmik F-12 subs, EP2050, DCCA Furutech and Kaplan Power cables, APC power conditioner, Two dedicated 20Amp power lines. DIY corner traps and Acoustic Geometry Curves for room treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post

I made these. Found some brass discs at the local salvage yard. Used stainless steel bolts and nuts, The green pieces are pipe clamp/supports. Sprayed the base with rubber coating and applied self stick non-slip rubber pad on bottom. Works great. cost about $10 ea.
    Sorry, that can't sound good at only $10. LOL. Just kidding. Great mod. Congrats. I'm an "audiophile" and NEED to pay hundreds to hold my plug.
    Speakers: Gobel Epoque Aeon Fine
    DAC: MSB Select II with Femto33 Renderer V2 and USB V2
    Amplifier: CH Precision M1 Amplifier
    Interconnects and Speaker Cables: Gobel Lacorde Statement XLR Interconnects, Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Ethernet Cable
    Walker Audio Amplifier Stand
    Roon/NAS on isolated network
    Poltrona Frau Willy Chair
    Art Novion Komodo W Absorbers on Front Wall
    ASC Tube Traps in corners

TBD: Rack for MSB Select II

7. Likes Swisstrips, Mechnutt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the foam plugs that come to block speaker ports to support the heavy ones.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

9. Likes Mechnutt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I have talked about this before on multiple forums. We always have 'solutions' in search of a problem in this hobby, and sometimes those 'solutions' require yet again another 'solution' to help correct the first 'solution.' Building power cables with massive connectors that won't plug in correctly to your IEC outlet on your gear is a problem. The massive connectors always want to come out of the connection because they can't seat correctly because of their weight. Same thing on the wall plug side. The connectors always want to come out of the wall outlet. I have seen countless pictures like yours that show this happening. So now we have cable bras that will elevate your cables at the connection points and try to keep the cable straight at the connection points.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, there are lots of people with heavy expensive cables that are barely making a connection at both ends and yet the buyers swoon about how great the new cable sounds that's barely making electrical contact.
    Great post, LMAO, pity the poor audiophile ......... not !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    I use stock power chords. For some weird reason I never seem to have problems.
    shame on you, do the neighbors know ? ................
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I use aerospace technology to raise the telegartner connector of my Göbel cable

Aries Cerat Kassandra MKII (Pending) / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Audio Research Ref 5SE / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cable / Göbel XLR (2) Cables/ Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Sigma NR (4) and Alfa NR (2) / Kenneth Lau LPSU (2) for Aqvox Switch and Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini / Entreq Poseidon, Olympus Minimus, Silver Tellus and Siver Minimus (2) / Entreq Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables

13. Likes Mechnutt liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2