Aurender ACS10 - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Aurender ACS10

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aurender ACS10

Quote Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
    it appears the statement below means no duplicates in the library?

From Aurenderís website ďACS10ís SmartMerge feature will identify a network attached W20/N10/A10/N100H/N100C or X100L and allow user to see content from both libraries combined into one. (can only be used 1+1, one ACS10 and one Aurender music server).Ē
    Quote Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
    One would think/expect no duplicates ... but that statement is valid with or without duplicating same album in conductor app if same album resides on N10 for instance and ACS used to back up the N10. Makes no sense but it seems to me, based on user experience, that if I copied my N10 library to the ACS then the conductor app would see the library twice (n10 and acs) and dutifully display all albums from both units, duplicates and all. If thatís the case, itís a severely broken system.
    The N10 and ACS10 work very well together. They do indeed form a single seamless library in the Conductor App. The library shows all of the albums on your hard drives - if for some reason you have more than one copy of the same album stored of course it will show them all. I have lots of duplicate albums - in many cases they are different versions of the album but sometimes it's just that I've accidentally saved more than one copy of the same exact album. I don't expect the Aurender to know the difference. There is music management software out there that can locate exact duplicates like PerfectTUNES. I haven't tried running that from my PC against the Aurender files so I don't know if it's possible. And maybe someday Aurender will add built-in duplication detection. But not having it is by no means a major issue as far as I'm concerned.

Why on earth would you use the ACS10 as a backup device? That's what an external hard drive or NAS is for.
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 2 MQA, Alpha USB | Aurender N10, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Audience aR6-TS | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack | Resolution Acoustics custom room treatments

2. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aurender ACS10

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
    Why on earth would you use the ACS10 as a backup device? That's what an external hard drive or NAS is for.

Other than ripping new cds, a main reason I would want a ACS10 is because it is a backup device. Itís a key feature for me. Automatic backup of my N10 whenever new music shows up either via my home network/computer or via the acs10 cd drive. We have a disconnect regarding duplicate albums. Iím not talking about owning same album with 6 different masterings, vinyl rips, hi-res etc; but the entire library being duplicated in conductor app IF one uses the ACS10 as a back up device for the files on the N10. I donít know if that would actually happen but surmising it from other users here. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding. My N10 has 8TB and I have less than 4TB of music, I donít see filling up the internal storage of my N10 for a very long time, if ever so I donít need the ACS10 to expand storage capabilities for my music collection but rather to give me a simple automatic copy of my collection for peace of mind. And to rip new cds mindlessly. Of course I havenít bought one because itís A LOT to pay for only those purposes. Being able to edit metadata via the app is also a huge bonus I have long wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The ACS10 comes from the factory in a RAID1 configuration, which makes it a great way to keep relatively secure copies of your library. The ACS10 is also available as a NAS on your LAN allowing it to be synced to other NAS or network storage devices
    MAIN SYSTEM - Mark Levinson 585, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Lumin U1 Network Transport, Lumin L1 5TB NAS, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Keces P8 Linear Power Supply, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, AcousticZen Matrix Reference XLR Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight AES/EBU Cable, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer, Aurender S10, Sonictransporter i5 running Roon Rock, AccuBasston P12 Linear Power Supply, Oppo BDP-103 SACD Player, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, ZuMission, and WAudio Power Cords

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to go the Aurender route SOOO bad, but their staunch opposition to Roon and their reliance on their own conductor app kept me away.
    Why should I have multiple libraries when I can have a single library that tells me if I have any duplicates and allows me to hide them if I choose to? Why put up with meh ripping capabilities and so so metadata management?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say the ripping capabilities are fast (faster then DBpoweramp on my 2017 iMac i7) and you can choose among several file formats (FLAC, WAV or AIFF). I’m also pleased with the ACS10’s metadata capabilities. The ACS10 has done a great job of finding cover art and accurate metadata for various songs and albums in my library.
    MAIN SYSTEM - Mark Levinson 585, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Lumin U1 Network Transport, Lumin L1 5TB NAS, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Keces P8 Linear Power Supply, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, AcousticZen Matrix Reference XLR Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight AES/EBU Cable, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer, Aurender S10, Sonictransporter i5 running Roon Rock, AccuBasston P12 Linear Power Supply, Oppo BDP-103 SACD Player, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, ZuMission, and WAudio Power Cords

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
    I have to say the ripping capabilities are fast (faster then DBpoweramp on my 2017 iMac i7) and you can choose among several file formats (FLAC, WAV or AIFF). Iím also pleased with the ACS10ís metadata capabilities. The ACS10 has done a great job of finding cover art and accurate metadata for various songs and albums in my library.
    Faster is definitely not better when it comes to ripping. The fastest ripping I ever did were faulty. You want the software to be able to check for accuracy (like accuraterip) and slow down and redo the ripping to make sure you have a bit perfect rip.
    Also I never found ANY ripping software (including DBP) that gives you accurate metadata all of the time. You NEED dedicated software to fix the metadata.
    Something got to give. These machines that include ripping capabilities are convenient. But they lack accuracy in both ripping and metadata. I much rather spend a little more time doing the ripping, doing it once, and the ability to fix the metadata because at some point it HAS to be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

I would doubt that Aurender would sell a cd ripper at this price if it wasnít bit perfect. Just because slow was better for you in the past does not mean the ACS10 does a bad job

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3