New Mark Knopfler Nov 16th - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mark Knopfler Nov 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
    No comments from anyone yet? I purchased Mark Knopfler’s new CD and listened once as background music. Didn’t have an opinion either way. After listening again, I’m really enjoying it. His voice sounds great, and his lyrics, melodies, and guitar playing are first rate. A wonderful recording and worth every penny.
    I have played the deluxe edition a couple of times this week and enjoy most of the tracks. I find several of the tracks better than many on his last couple of releases.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

2. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I have played the deluxe edition a couple of times this week and enjoy most of the tracks. I find several of the tracks better than many on his last couple of releases.
    I bought the deluxe edition as well. I really like the album but agree that some of the cuts are much better than others. While this recording demonstrates the usual demand for excellence of mastering by Knopfler, I don't think it meets the same threshold of his last album, Tracker, which I listened to again with my newly upgraded CH M1 to M1.1 and broken in Gobels and was just blown away at how good the recording is.

Lastly, let me fully admit that I am totally biased, would not take my opinion to the bank regarding Knopfler as in my eyes, I love even his worst albums if there is such as thing which in my biased mind there is no "worst" when it comes to Knopfler. There is just GREAT and even GREATER.
    Speakers: Gobel Epoque Aeon Fine
    DAC: MSB Select II with Femto33 Renderer V2 and USB V2
    Amplifier: CH Precision M1 Amplifier
    Interconnects and Speaker Cables: Gobel Lacorde Statement XLR Interconnects, Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Ethernet Cable
    Walker Audio Amplifier Stand
    Roon/NAS on isolated network
    Poltrona Frau Willy Chair
    Art Novion Komodo W Absorbers on Front Wall
    ASC Tube Traps in corners

TBD: Rack for MSB Select II

4. Likes FDPDK, Nikhil, CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/1...mpression.html

Interesting little tidbit on monostereo for us Knopfler junkies. As usual, his concern for the master is light years ahead of most entertainers.
    Interconnects and Speaker Cables: Gobel Lacorde Statement XLR Interconnects, Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Ethernet Cable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    I bought the deluxe edition as well. I really like the album but agree that some of the cuts are much better than others. While this recording demonstrates the usual demand for excellence of mastering by Knopfler, I don't think it meets the same threshold of his last album, Tracker, which I listened to again with my newly upgraded CH M1 to M1.1 and broken in Gobels and was just blown away at how good the recording is.

Lastly, let me fully admit that I am totally biased, would not take my opinion to the bank regarding Knopfler as in my eyes, I love even his worst albums if there is such as thing which in my biased mind there is no "worst" when it comes to Knopfler. There is just GREAT and even GREATER.
    I agree totally, the Tracker recording was in my opinion stunning in both quality and content. This latest recording is probably my least favorite of all his albums, but, I'd buy a 2 minute recording of MK tuning his guitar!
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

7. Likes Priaptor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rayooo View Post
    I agree totally, the Tracker recording was in my opinion stunning in both quality and content. This latest recording is probably my least favorite of all his albums, but, I'd buy a 2 minute recording of MK tuning his guitar!
    I couldn't agree more.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoying listening to "Back on the Dance Floor" and it is quintessential Mark Knopfler.

It takes a while to get a handle on an album but from initial impressions Knopfler has added a touch of electronic in this album ("Good On You Son") - perhaps a nod to the new generation of music listeners, added with a light hand to blend with his trademark guitar work ... cut it, slice it ... chop it up to the rhythm of a cockney rebel!

There are also some new sounds by way of the Tenor Sax on "When You Leave". But his voice is like a smooth whisky that never gets old. His lyrics continue to paint images that capture the imagination. He reuses a hook or two to give you something familiar as you journey into the album, changing gear after you get comfortable. ("Just a Boy Away from Home" evokes "Junkie Doll" from Sailing to Philadelphia).

So far for me this another great Mark Knopfler album that I will be playing for a long time.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Win10 Transport + Fidelizer 8 + JRMC 24 & HQPlayer | TotalDAC D1 USB Filter | Job INT | Western Electric 12GA | Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

10. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been listening to it tonight; not his best.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Last night I paid the $49 for MQA unfolding feature for my Aurender N10. I love Tracker, but when I played the MQA version of it, I was blown away! it was Stunning! It was a big improvement to an already excellent album recording.

13. Likes Ritmo, Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 Channel Stereo :
    Win10 Transport + Fidelizer 8 + JRMC 24 & HQPlayer | TotalDAC D1 USB Filter | Job INT | Western Electric 12GA | Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

15. Thanks Priaptor thanked for this post
    Likes Priaptor liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3