Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Racks that don't break the bank

I was looking to replace my SolidSteel rack and buy a separate rack for my power amps.

First I was looking at QuadraSpire but my power amps are 50cm wide, that is too wide for the QuadraSpire. Next I was looking at he Finite Elemente Tragwerk but they are not available anymore.

There are lots of brands but most are very expensive. Also I don't want some black monstrosity. Preferably I want white wooden platters. I want the platter to be max 20cm from each other. So now I'm looking at Creaktiv racks, the Audio line. But for some reason I don't really like them. The Creaktive Little reference looks better but is too expensive.

Any tips. Most shops seem to sell Bassocontinuo their least expensive model is semi affordable but is ugly. They have better looking models but price go up very fast.

I don't understand why the racks need to be so expensive.

Anyone with some tips?
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Re: Racks that don't break the bank

Edit:

To safe space I want to stack my power amps. So I need a rack with two platters and about 20/25cm in between.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post

I don't understand why the racks need to be so expensive.
    they don't .......

Anyone with some tips?
    GOOGLE can be your friend here .......
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Solid Tech Radius.

Audioshark

Critical Mass Sotto Voce at around $3500 depending on configuration is fabulous. Might be above your budget, don’t know as you didn’t really indicate a number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Critical Mass Sotto Voce at around $3500 depending on configuration is fabulous. Might be above your budget, don’t know as you didn’t really indicate a number.

I'll look into brand. The budget is about double of what I think a audio rack should cost. I'd feel a bit silly putting 10k worth of audio in a 4k audio rack.

My budget for the power amp rack would be around 600-1000 euro. Double that for the second rack for the rest of my system.

Audioshark

I'll look into brand. The budget is about double of what I think a audio rack should cost. I'd feel a bit silly putting 10k worth of audio in a 4k audio rack.

My budget for the power amp rack would be around 600-1000 euro. Double that for the second rack for the rest of my system.
    Something to keep in mind about a rack: it won’t become obsolete. A great rack today is going to sound good 10 years from now no wonder what equipment you put on it.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

If you're in the EU try this custom shop in the UK. Another member just bought from them.

https://www.hifiracks.co.uk/
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Solid Tech Radius.
    I really like the Solid Tech racks. They remind me of the Finite Element Spider. I have found a dealer. I'll give them a ring.

I really like the Solid Tech racks. They remind me of the Finite Element Spider. I have found a dealer. I'll give them a ring.
    Mike is a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Mike is a dealer.
    I'll look for a Dutch dealer first

Right now I'm thinking about getting

Rack of Silence 2 Regular for my power amps
    Rack of Silence 4 Regular for the rest of my system

Is is possible to make the towers a bit shorter. Say 20cm of both racks.

My rack of silence 2 regular has arrived and I like it a lot. Not sure if it has any positive or negative influence on the sound but it looks good.

This is an old iteration of my system past. The reason I post it now is that it is very dense hardwood, top shelf will hold in excess of a ton +, bottom shelf will do 5 ton + with support in the middle. Because of the structure & character of hardwood, it isolates as well absorbs vibration, as all wood does. Because it is rated as some of the hardest of hardwood, it does not lend "tone" to the sound of the component as it is passive. No gimmicks. Cheap too....

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    This is an old iteration of my system past. The reason I post it now is that it is very dense hardwood, top shelf will hold in excess of a ton +, bottom shelf will do 5 ton + with support in the middle. Because of the structure & character of hardwood, it isolates as well absorbs vibration, as all wood does. Because it is rated as some of the hardest of hardwood, it does not lend "tone" to the sound of the component as it is passive. No gimmicks. Cheap too....
    That is bigger then my complete living room Also one of your speaker most likely is more expensive then my whole system.

Your living room is less than 2 mtrs wide? Also i am done with conventional box speakers as in "iteration of my system past" !!!

Your living room is less than 2 mtrs wide? Also i am done with conventional box speakers as in "iteration of my system past" !!!
    My living room is about 4m wide and 6m long. I'd post a picture. But this website is a little buggy when using certain browsers.

Box Furniture Co racks if you are into all American handmade racks.

Solid Tech is another one. I use the Rack of Silence Reference.

Turntable: VPI Prime - Ortofon Quintet S Black - VPI ADS
    Digital Source: dCS Bartok w/headphone amp
    Preamp: Soulution 520
    Amplifier: Soulution 511
    Speakers: Rockport Atria II
    Power conditioning- Shunyata Research Denali 6000T v1
    Power cord: AQ Thunder/Transparent Audio XL Gen 6
    Interconnect: Transparent Audio Super Gen 5 XLR and tonearm cable / Transparent Audio Gen 6
    Rack: Critical Mass Sotto Voce/ Critical Mass Black Platinum/MXR spike

I use Adona racks, very well made and modestly priced. made in Florida, USA. $2500 USD plus shipping for a nice 3 shelf rack. and a modest cost to add another shelf. you can order longer legs to accommodate more shelves.

modular, so flexible, and made with quality materials. granite/wood shelves. my system is fairly high end, and these racks deliver what I want from a solid rack. where racks get expensive is when you ask them to do the job of footers and de-couple in some way. I want my rack to stay totally solid so I can predictably treat my gear with footers. then I'm not trying to sell some huge expensive rack when I want to improve my de-coupling. if you have ever tried to sell a large rack......you end up giving it away just to be rid of it.

here are two of my Adona GTX racks side by side. http://www.adonacorporation.com/zerogxt.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    I use Adona racks, very well made and modestly priced. made in Florida, USA. $2500 USD plus shipping for a nice 3 shelf rack. and a modest cost to add another shelf. you can order longer legs to accommodate more shelves.

modular, so flexible, and made with quality materials. granite/wood shelves. my system is fairly high end, and these racks deliver what I want from a solid rack. where racks get expensive is when you ask them to do the job of footers and de-couple in some way. I want my rack to stay totally solid so I can predictably treat my gear with footers. then I'm not trying to sell some huge expensive rack when I want to improve my de-coupling. if you have ever tried to sell a large rack......you end up giving it away just to be rid of it.

here are two of my Adona GTX racks side by side. http://www.adonacorporation.com/zerogxt.html
    Hey Mike, your reasoning makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Hey Mike, your reasoning makes sense.

I’ve never understood the concept of “filter “ racks. Aka the Hrs and CMS ones. What are they filtering out ?

The Artesania ones look like they objective solve the problem (de couple ) over their expensive counterparts.

Also looks Artesania has released an entry level model so , might be with checking out.

Vibration that contributes noise.

Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Nice! Who designed the rack?
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

I have a 4 shelf maple rack by Mapleshade. It weighs almost 500 pounds, and helps keep vibrations that affect the sound down. Forget what I paid, but I think it was around $2K.

https://www.mapleshadestore.com/samsonracks.php
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

I use Salamander racks. They are fairly inexpensive, which let you put the money in the equipment.

https://www.salamanderdesigns.com/modular-open-stands/

I have been very pleased with Core Audio Designs. Arnold is a true craftsman and a joy to deal with. http://coreaudiodesigns.com
    AUDIO ROOM: CH Precision I1, Luxman D-10X, Luxman PD-171A, Stenheim Alumine Three, Shunyata Everest, Tellurium Q, Sitech cables and interconnects, CORE Audio Design racks and a whole host of other silly audiophile accessories!

HOME OFFICE: Luxman L-595ASE, Hi-Fi Rose 150B, Diapason Neos, Tellurium Q Cables.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team