Post Thanks / Like

Re: Racks that don't break the bank

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Mike is a dealer.
    I'll look for a Dutch dealer first

Right now I'm thinking about getting

Rack of Silence 2 Regular for my power amps
    Rack of Silence 4 Regular for the rest of my system

Is is possible to make the towers a bit shorter. Say 20cm of both racks.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 RCA Interlink: Ansuz X, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

My rack of silence 2 regular has arrived and I like it a lot. Not sure if it has any positive or negative influence on the sound but it looks good.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 RCA Interlink: Ansuz X, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

This is an old iteration of my system past. The reason I post it now is that it is very dense hardwood, top shelf will hold in excess of a ton +, bottom shelf will do 5 ton + with support in the middle. Because of the structure & character of hardwood, it isolates as well absorbs vibration, as all wood does. Because it is rated as some of the hardest of hardwood, it does not lend "tone" to the sound of the component as it is passive. No gimmicks. Cheap too....

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    This is an old iteration of my system past. The reason I post it now is that it is very dense hardwood, top shelf will hold in excess of a ton +, bottom shelf will do 5 ton + with support in the middle. Because of the structure & character of hardwood, it isolates as well absorbs vibration, as all wood does. Because it is rated as some of the hardest of hardwood, it does not lend "tone" to the sound of the component as it is passive. No gimmicks. Cheap too....
    That is bigger then my complete living room Also one of your speaker most likely is more expensive then my whole system.

Post Thanks / Like

Your living room is less than 2 mtrs wide? Also i am done with conventional box speakers as in "iteration of my system past" !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    Your living room is less than 2 mtrs wide? Also i am done with conventional box speakers as in "iteration of my system past" !!!
    My living room is about 4m wide and 6m long. I'd post a picture. But this website is a little buggy when using certain browsers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2