2018 Apple iPhones
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

2018 Apple iPhones

As the world already knows, Apple announced their new generation of iPhones during yesterday’s product event. Three new phones were introduced - XR, XS and XS Max.

I have been waiting to finally upgrade my 6. At this point, I’m leaning towards the XR. It has the same chip and better battery life. It may not have the two cameras the XS has but I’m ok with that. The OLED vs LCD Retina is not a big deal for me.

Lastly, disappointing that none support 5G. So I will get the XR as a temporary solution for 2 years.

Who’s upgrading?

Mike

2. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Apple iPhones

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    As the world already knows, Apple announced their new generation of iPhones during yesterday’s product event. Three new phones were introduced - XR, XS and XS Max.

I have been waiting to finally upgrade my 6. At this point, I’m leaning towards the XR. It has the same chip and better battery life. It may not have the two cameras the XS has but I’m ok with that. The OLED vs LCD Retina is not a big deal for me.

Lastly, disappointing that none support 5G. So I will get the XR as a temporary solution for 2 years.

Who’s upgrading?
    Mike,

I’m in the same boat as you as I also have the Apple 6 and I’m due for an upgrade. Any feedback as you research them would be greatly appreciated as I know zip about the new models. Please let us know your final choice too.

Thanks,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2

Post Thanks / Like

Ken - I’m leaning towards the XR w 128GB of storage. Once 5 G is available and the networks are upgraded across the country (2 - 3 yrs), I’ll upgrade to the top end handsets.

Mike

5. Thanks Alpinist thanked for this post
    Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m in the same boat as well. I have the 6s now and leaning towards XR 128GB as my next phone.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Pacific + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: AQ WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC / AQ Hurricane PCs

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 6+ and pre-ordered the Xs. The 6+ has served me well.
    Main System:
    Pass Labs INT-30A Integrated Amplifier, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Aurender X100L 12TB Music Server, PS Audio P3 Power Regenerator, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, Definitive Technology PF15TL Subwoofer, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Morrow Audio XLR interconnects, PS Audio Statement and WAudio Power Cords, Shunyata Venom USB Cable, TimberNation Audio Rack

Office System:
    Esoteric I-03 Integrated Amplifier, Sony HAPZ1ES Music Server w/2TB SSD, Ayre C5xeMP SACD/CD Player, Aurender N100H 4TB Network Player, Mytek Brooklyn DAC, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Wireworld Chroma USB Cable, Zu Mission Power Cord, WAudio Power Cords