New Phono Pre On Order - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Phono Pre On Order

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Hi Jack, all is well here. I ate some crow and finally bought a DAC to stream some music with. Only Tidal for now. Too bad Levinson didn't think ahead and put some type of input on this 512.

I met Ron at Axpona one year. Well actually he's almost always there, but, this is the first time. I was talking with him a bit and mentioned my AcousTech, he took me into his room he was showing his stages and handed me a circuit board used in his new that year $12k phono stage to take a look at, seems like a nice guy. I guess from being in the Midwest, LOL
    Not too many hurricanes in Kansas I guess. I wonder if he's coming to the Capital Audio Fest in November?

I also went the streaming root and bought a Bluesound Node N100 back in the spring. It beats the hell out of using my laptop. I can sit and control it with my smart phone.
    Speakers- Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Amp - Pass Labs X150.5, Preamp - Cary SLP-03, Turntable - Music Hall MMF-9.3, Cartridge - Goldring Eroica LX, Phono PreAmp - Sutherland Insight, Digital Playback - Rotel RCD-1072, DAC - Bryston BDA-1, Headphones - Sennheiser HD-600, Headphone Amp - Musical Fidelity Xcan V3.

Post Thanks / Like

I presume you run the Node into the BDA1 via digital? That's what I'm doing, except with a HEOS Link. My DAC has the ability to stream using an Ethernet and some app but I'm not a tech/computer guru. I suppose if I knew I'd gain much in SQ I'd get it done somehow. I really like the HEOS app, it's better for Tidal than their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    Not too many hurricanes in Kansas I guess. I wonder if he's coming to the Capital Audio Fest in November?

I also went the streaming root and bought a Bluesound Node N100 back in the spring. It beats the hell out of using my laptop. I can sit and control it with my smart phone.
    Mark Levinson #512 & 532h, Pass Labs XP10, Hegel HD30, JBL 4367's
    Coda CSX. Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro, AcousTech PH-1P
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I presume you run the Node into the BDA1 via digital? That's what I'm doing, except with a HEOS Link. My DAC has the ability to stream using an Ethernet and some app but I'm not a tech/computer guru. I suppose if I knew I'd gain much in SQ I'd get it done somehow. I really like the HEOS app, it's better for Tidal than their own.
    Exactly. It has a NAS that holds all my files.
    Speakers- Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Amp - Pass Labs X150.5, Preamp - Cary SLP-03, Turntable - Music Hall MMF-9.3, Cartridge - Goldring Eroica LX, Phono PreAmp - Sutherland Insight, Digital Playback - Rotel RCD-1072, DAC - Bryston BDA-1, Headphones - Sennheiser HD-600, Headphone Amp - Musical Fidelity Xcan V3.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I received my Sutherland "Insight" phono preamp. It's found its place in the rack and sounding great. There's a definite warmth with this one. Made the hair on the back of my neck and the cat's tail stand on end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes Mr Peabody, Mechnutt, Ritmo liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2