Lumin U1MINI - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumin U1MINI

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin U1MINI

Another customer posted his feedback in https://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/for...59&pid=2868712

Since it's in Chinese, I translated it here:
    The dealer's environment is noisy due to construction work nearby, so I just paid for the U1 MINI and left. Honestly I did not expect much originally. After coming home, it brings an obvious difference. I merely wanted to try Tidal MQA originally, but SQ is improved for both NAS and Tidal playback. Imaging, soundstage, and clarity are all improved. I'm most surprised by that U1 MINI can support Mytek 192 USB 2.0 input.
    Note: To use Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC, it must be powered on and switched to USB 2.0 input and connected to U1 MINI, before the U1 MINI is powered on. The reason is that U1 (MINI) has to recognize the Mytek Stereo192-DSD at boot time and load the special driver for it. This special boot sequence is not needed for any other DAC, including newer Mytek DAC.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

2. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes thingswelike, Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    In addition, there are at least two vendors who supply external LPS kits for U1 MINI and D2, although we do not encourage the use of those.
    Three now.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Three now.
    What three?

Post Thanks / Like

In order of announcement: Sbooster, PLiXiR, Kenneth Lau
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Peter.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is your review? You write detailed well thought out reviews and I’m hoping you can leave your thoughts here about the one you own.
    MAIN SYSTEM - Mark Levinson 585, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Lumin U1 Network Transport, Lumin L1 5TB NAS, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, Definitive Technology PF15TL Subwoofer, AcousticZen Matrix Reference XLR Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight AES/EBU Cable, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, TimberNation Audio Rack, TimberNation Isolation Platform

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - Esoteric I-03 Integrated Amplifier, Sony HAP-Z1ES, Oppo BDP-103 SACD Player, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Transparent Balanced MusicLink Plus XLR Interconnects, ZuMission and WAudio Power Cords

Post Thanks / Like

Roon forum member Carl_Clicteur posted https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lum...521/53?u=wklie
    I’ve received the Lumin U1 mini for demo purposes.
    It’s connected between Roon ROCK (passive cooled NUC with SBooster) and a Devialet 400.
    Before I played directly over ethernet from ROCK to Devialet, and was not too happy about the SQ.
    Then I added a SOtM USBultra and connected over USB to the Devialet (AQ Diamond cable), that improved SQ.
    Now I’ve connected the Lumin U1 mini using coaxial (Nordost BNC), and what a game changer !!!
    The Lumin U1 mini will remain in my hifi rack
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

9. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Spain, I have a Lumin U1 Mini with a DAD WADIA DI 322 sounds fabulous but I have small problem. When I change the song by pressing the forward button to the next song I have a click that appears on the speakers of my computer, this is only done by the USB input. To not make this click I have to first press pause and then select the next song. If I load the whole album and let all the songs go by, it does not do it only at the end of the last song, it also clicks. The equipment has the latest software version 11.2 installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Spain, I have a Lumin U1 Mini with a DAD WADIA DI 322 sounds fabulous but I have small problem. When I change the song by pressing the forward button to the next song I have a click that appears on the speakers of my computer, this is only done by the USB input. To not make this click I have to first press pause and then select the next song. If I load the whole album and let all the songs go by, it does not do it only at the end of the last song, it also clicks. The equipment has the latest software version 11.2 installed.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast