Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magico Q3 For Sale - Australia

The link to the forum rules is broken, so I don't know if for sale listings are permitted here.

I'm upgrading to M3 so my Q3 are available for sale. Please contact me directly for further information.

Re: Magico Q3 For Sale - Australia

The for sale section is at the bottom of the front page.

http://www.audioshark.org/selling-audio-gear-123/
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Great, thanks for the heads up. Forum Admin can cast his spell on this and make my post disappear. It's now been posted where it belongs.

My Magico M3 have arrived with the dealer, however I've asked them to store M3 until my Q3 sell. So all reasonable offers on my Q3 considered.

Uncrate the M3 and store the Q3

Did you post the ads on AudiogoN and Audio Markt ? Worth a shot IMO.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

I do have an AudiogoN account however I've never attempted to sell anything on there before, and I've got a zero member rating....so that makes it a tough ask all things considered

Do you think that the distributor or a dealer could help you out, providing the 'escrow service' for both parties ?

I would never buy an expensive item from the user with zero feedback rating. Distributor or a dealer - that is a different story.
    Adam

It all comes down to dollars. I'm more likely to get a better price for my Q3 in a private sale than as a trade-in. I'd rather use my Q3 as surround speakers than let them go to a lo-ball offer.

I'm not talking about a trade in. I'm talking about your dealer collecting the money from the customer you bring in. Afterall, you have left enough $$$ buying the Q3 and M3 from him ...
    Adam

Yes, that escrow arrangement is in place already. Any Q3 buyer can pay the dealer direct.

I don't see your ad on AudiogoN.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I'd rather use my Q3 as surround speakers than let them go to a lo-ball offer.
    Now this is something I will never understand...
    The break even point is what the dealer offered as a trade...
    $1000 above that in 2018 is worth X...
    Do a NPV calculation to see what the same $ would be worth in 3 years time...
    Then determine if the offer is "low ball" or otherwise...

$13K offer from a buyer in TX is what I call lo-ball. I have an offer of $20K USD from a buyer in Japan but the logistics to get them there is proving to be problematic. My freight forwarder doesn't have a ground agent in Sapporo. I can't close that sale just yet because of the logistics.

The depreciation on them has probably plateau out quite some time ago and any new buyer will not lose much on re-sale.

I don't know how to do a for sale listing on AudiogoN. I will need to look into it.

The thing is, they are priced for the Australian market. And I suspect in the UK market they might be appealing as well due to the crazy high new prices there. I don't think the US market where most AudiogoN views are likely to happen will get much interest at the AU/UK used price point.

$13K offer from a buyer in TX is what I call lo-ball.
    Agree completely...

I have an offer of $20K USD from a buyer in Japan but the logistics to get them there is proving to be problematic. My freight forwarder doesn't have a ground agent in Sapporo.
    Time to look at other freight forwarders...

I'm trying. It's difficult. I tried another freight forwarder and they said I need to provide a fork lift at both ends to load/offload on to their truck. I told them, I don't keep a forklift in my garden shed for such things, and neither does the guy in Japan.

Pickup/delivery by truck with tailgate lift - hire a pallet jack each end - if necessary. All freight forwarders SHOULD have access to trucks with tail gate lifters. Cheap - easy - effective for a $20k USD sale.

You would think so...and here's the rub, if it was a domestic delivery in Australia I can order a tail lift, but because it's an international delivery I don't have that option. Not yet anyway. Trust me, I've looked at this from every angle and I'm at where I am.

They are on AudiogoN now. I've been watching Magico sales on this channel for a few years now. Q3 don't come up very often, and from memory the last pair sold for $24K.

AudiogoN is still worth a shot. I have sold quite a few items to Australia via AudiogoN, including the top of the range Dynaudio Master Evidence for well over 50.000 EUR. For people living in Asia, shipping from Australia may be actually cheaper than EU or US.

Look for a different forwarder - try the usual suspects DHL Global Forwarding (the cheapest in my experience), DSV, DB Schenker, TNT etc.

At this day and age, shipping speakers across the world is really not a big problem. The Q3 are already well pepared for global freight (come in a wooden crate).

The Dynaudio Master Evidence were a bigger challenge - 8 crates @ 512kg total ! - but still nothing out of ordinary or unussual.
    Adam

Yep, I'm shooting away. 144 page views on AudiogoN Q3 listing already.

I don't feel in any hurry to get the M3 installed. I sit for hours and hours at a time in front of my Q3 thinking it couldn't possibly get any better.

I also think like Adam , that it would be worth looking into DSV - DHL - DB Schenker , i know that DSV are really good and can make all the arrangement from pick up to delivery. Had personal experience with this, although it was from Asia to Denmark.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    Pickup/delivery by truck with tailgate lift - hire a pallet jack each end - if necessary. All freight forwarders SHOULD have access to trucks with tail gate lifters. Cheap - easy - effective for a $20k USD sale.
    This is exactly how my Q3s were delivered to me. I then uncrated them outside and moved each individual speaker into the house on a padded dolly. The Q3 crate is about 600 lbs and quite large, but the four individual crates for my Mini II are considerably bigger.
    Link to my system thread: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threa...l-sound.32867/
    Analog: Micro Seiki SX 8000 II, 2 NOS SME 3012R tonearms, 2 vdH Colibri Grand Cru, Colibri XPP
    Electronics: Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LL1.1 Signature, Lamm ML2
    Speakers: Vitavox CN-191 corner horns
    Cables: Stock SME phono cables, DIY ICs and speaker cables, Ching Cheng power cords, custom rack and amp stands

The logistics difficulties are mostly at the Japanese side. The buyer just wants them to magically appear where he wants them without going to much effort himself.

624+ views on AudiogoN in less than 24 hours and not a single enquiry. Always difficulties to overcome with these things. My S3 sat on the back porch for 2 weeks after delivery because I had nobody to help me get them inside. So I do empathize with the Japanese guy.

3396 page views on Audiogon in less than a month but only one inquiry. sigh.

I have read you ad. It looks solid appart for the fact you have zero feedback (which is a big issue on all hidollar sales).

I would mention your dealer name and add that he is an authorised Magico dealer. I would even go further, and suggest to prospective buyer to contact the Magicos distributor in Australia to confirm all the facts stated.

I would also mention that although you have no feedback on AudiogoN, you have a great feedback on ebay under the same name.

I would also add a maximum # of QUALITY pics allowed by your chosen ad format, including the crates.

Good luck with the sale.
    Adam

Thanks...for the single inquiry I had I did draw my dealer into the equation as they are happy to escrow the sale. The dealer has my new M3 in storage at my request until I can find a new home for the Q3. Sigh again.

As is, your ad just does not inspire enough confidence IMO. Plus, we had the holiday season, which is a traditional low season for hifi sales.
    Adam

I would ask the dealer to place the ad and improve the quality of the photos. Perhaps set up the speakers in one of the dealer's systems and take a bunch of new photos. THe dealer could advertise the sale as a trade in for the M3. Yes, include images of the crates, state how old, serial numbers, one owner pair, etc. etc.
    Analog: Micro Seiki SX 8000 II, 2 NOS SME 3012R tonearms, 2 vdH Colibri Grand Cru, Colibri XPP
    Cables: Stock SME phono cables, DIY ICs and speaker cables, Ching Cheng power cords, custom rack and amp stands

Good idea, but my nearest dealer is over 2000 miles away, and so are my M3 The thing is, I really enjoy sitting in front of my Q3 for hours at a time every day. I haven't heard M3 yet, so I don't know what I'm missing. What I do know, M3 are 4 times the price of what I'm asking for my Q3. Which is OK because I feel that Q3 has served me above and beyond expectations and were well worth the price of admission.

Look what I have....

....my Q3 still in need of a new home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, congratulations. I'll be very curious to read what you think of them compared to the Q3.

Waouuu... congratulations am sure you will be thrilled .
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Congrats!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

+1

I have never owned the Q3, so I would love to read your impressions. Be aware that the sound will be a bit of a roller coster for the first 300h. And the first 100h will be painful (it is best NOT to listen to them during that period at all - play them ehen you are not at home for example, or during the night if you can; ocean waves are great for night burn in proces).
    Adam

Adam, are you sellin' the Avantgarde Duos?? a kick ass deal if I may say so. If I didn't already blow my wad on the Kii threes I woulda, coulda...

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    Adam, are you sellin' the Avantgarde Duos?? a kick ass deal if I may say so. If I didn't already blow my wad on the Kii threes I woulda, coulda...
    Yeah, I have listed them for a friend. Not the newest XD model that Joe has (it is the previous one, called the G2), but at a fraction of a price of a brand new pair.
    Adam

A whiff of sweet California air as the strapping was cut and the ramp lowered to reveal the gloriousness of what is within....today is the day....

Great, and Greatest. Standing side-by-side. Nothing like being spoiled for choice!

Fantastic! It’s been a long wait for you. Looking forward to your thoughts.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Great, and Greatest. Standing side-by-side. Nothing like being spoiled for choice!

Nice photo. I had always thought they are about the same size, but here the M3 looks considerably bigger. It might be the angle and the coasters. Could you share some more photos once the speakers are in place of your listening room and rest of your system? Congratulations again. They look great.

I needed to reposition the amplifier to free some space behind the speaker to give me some fore-aft adjustment for voicing.

M3 is about the same size as Q3. It looks bigger in the side-by-side photo because it's on outriggers and casters. Unfortunately there was NO 3/4" hex adapter in the accessory kit so it's not possible for me to undo the outriggers and fasten the Mpods. They need to stay on the outriggers for the time being until I can buy the required tool.

The rest of my system: Halcro dm88 power amps. Halcro dm8 pre-amp. Esoteric N-01 and G-02X clock sitting on Magico Qpods. Kaleidescape Premier movie/music server (24TB storage). Crystal Cable Ultra Diamond speaker and XLR I/C. Mexcel clock cable. Shunyata Sigma AES-EBU.

Esoteric Grandioso P1 on order (which will replace the PS Audio Directstream Memory Player seen in the photo). Need to wait for the next batch to be built in Japan. Critical Mass Centre Stage (3 sets) also on order.

Thanks. What are your room dimensions? As I spend more time with my Q3, I continue to learn and hear new things. I can only imagine what a properly set up M3 sounds like (or doesn't). Did you see a recent post about an M3 with spikes that look like SPods and no outrigger? I wonder if that is now the standard configuration and your MPods with outriggers is an option. The information is in the M3 manual, apparently. Here is a link:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threa...-spikes.26762/

The outriggers are just for shipping. I was surprised to find a set of 8 spiked Mpods in the accessory kit. They are very similar to Spods, but loaded up on steroids (my Q3 are on Spods). There is no hand grenade pin in spiked Mpods.

My listening room is 4.9m long by 3.3m wide.

The outriggers are just for shipping. I was surprised to find a set of 8 spiked Mpods in the accessory kit. They are very similar to Spods, but loaded up on steroids (my Q3 are on Spods). There is no hand grenade pin in spiked Mpods.

My listening room is 4.9m long by 3.3m wide.
    Yes, I understand those silver support beams are for shipping purposes and are temporary with castors for easy transport. I am talking about the finished black outrigger bases that can be purchased as an option with the round MPods. I have seen two pairs of M3s at dealers that had this option. I did not know these spikes included in the shipping are called "spiked" MPods.

That's right...4 spiked Mpods as standard, 3 round Mpods with outrigger base as optional.

This is what the spiked version looks like....the spiked-M is about 25% beefier than the spiked-S, with different thread on the spike.

Thanks for the clarification and the photo. I just don't like the look of the silver nut as it is not as "finished" looking as the rest of the speaker or footer. How is the M3 sounding in your set up?

Yeah, the metallic silver jam nut does look agricultural, but nothing a spray pack of etch primer and flat black couldn't fix.

M3 is the most accomplished speaker I've yet heard...mine are playing day and night, Spotify never sounded so good.

My Q3 are still available for sale, aside from an offer of $10K for them they aren't attracting much interest.

I've ordered 3-point Mpod stand for my M3. 5 weeks delivery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Magico Q3 For Sale - Australia