Billions

Sean

Anyone here watch this Showtime original series? I’m about halfway through the most recent season (3) and really enjoying it.

*No spoilers please and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0f16888019f7826bb784b73e47b84b2d.jpg

Sean
Billions might be my favorite show on TV the past few years. Sometimes they get carried away but it is always entertaining.

Jim,

I have to agree with you; the other good show that I’ve just started to enjoy is technically older (The Wire). Billions is quite engaging and (for me) doesn’t tip too far into the ‘crazy’ or far-fetched arena. I’m sure the stories lean more towards creative than factual or typical but hey, it’s a tv show after all.

I’ve recently learned that season four doesn’t grace us until April 2019 so I’ve decided to try and pace myself a bit to savor the flavor. Hell, I might even start it over before continuing on to finish season 3.

Definitely one of my favorite shows! Just wish there were more of them, but always anticipate the next season even though it is always a long wait.
Sean I thing going back to season 1 is a great idea!

This one is one of my favorites too - along with Homeland. One of the big challenges these successful shows face is keeping up the quality and consistency of the writing. IMO both of these shows got a little bogged down last season.

The Wire is my favorite show of all time. The way they built the series season by season giving us insight into 1) The Projects 2) The docks and how drugs come in 3) corruption in city hall and politics 4) how middle school kids get involved 5) the Press. The acting is excellent. Many of these characters have moved on to leading or important role in other series. One of my favorite lines is when McNulty is in Stringer Bells home and looking at the books he read "Who is this guy we have been chasing"

Anyone here watch this Showtime original series? I’m about halfway through the most recent season (3) and really enjoying it.

*No spoilers please and thank you.

One of my favorite current shows. They upped their game this past season. Great storylines.

The Wire is my favorite show of all time. The way they built the series season by season giving us insight into 1) The Projects 2) The docks and how drugs come in 3) corruption in city hall and politics 4) how middle school kids get involved 5) the Press. The acting is excellent. Many of these characters have moved on to leading or important role in other series. One of my favorite lines is when McNulty is in Stringer Bells home and looking at the books he read "Who is this guy we have been chasing"

Also my all-time favorite. Just all-around brilliant.

Also my all-time favorite. Just all-around brilliant.

I happened to see BlackkKlansman today. Isiah Whitlock had a small role at the beginning of the film. There were several of us in the audience who cracked up when he again used his famous "ssshhhiiiiit" line from his character Clay Davis in The Wire.

I happened to see BlackkKlansman today. Isiah Whitlock had a small role at the beginning of the film. There were several of us in the audience who cracked up when he again used his famous "ssshhhiiiiit" line from his character Clay Davis in The Wire.

I’m a fan of Whitlock for his work and that he is from my hometown, South Bend, IN.

We’ve watched a few episodes of Succession and found it entertaining. I’m still trying to get a grasp on the “feel” of the show but I’ll continue watching until I’m no longer entertained by it.

I also liked Succession on HBO, a little campy and the writing isn't as good as Billions but there are some funny moments.

Back