Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lampizator Pacific arrives at Suncoast Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    It's tough to get honest impressions from forums in general
    but ny point is this is a thread about another product then yours
    so why are you posting about it ? It's why I said what I did
    I don't know your dac and can't say what's better in fact it's tough to define better at times and is confused by setups ,likes and dislikes.
    I Make my own severs way beyond what any maker does
    having them allows me to extract the best of any Dacs made.
    While variation do show me changes in my setup
    this still does nkt show me all the facts.
    Why cause better severs give the cheaper dacs a better sound
    but better dacs sound better on lesser severs too. It's where some of the money gets spent on better dacs. Your brand dac has better models so what's better in them. Is it just better bolts lol. Your dac looks nice and has tubes and the better ones have what ?
    So don't just be rude be honest in your own thread and stop sucking the oxogen out of this one. ��
    But how can you and Wisnon be so "twisted of mind" to understand that what I wanted was a general criticism of the Pacifico, DAC that sure sounds extraordinary.
    Where in my post I speak of Aries Cerat ?.
    How many members have commented that the completion of Lampizator do not like and nothing has happened.
    It's ridiculous. It is the last intervention I do on this topic.

Aries Cerat Kassandra MKII (Pending) / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Audio Research Ref 5SE / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cable / Göbel XLR (2) Cables/ Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Sigma NR (4) and Alfa NR (2) / Kenneth Lau LPSU (2) for Aqvox Switch and Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini / Entreq Poseidon, Olympus Minimus, Silver Tellus and Siver Minimus (2) / Entreq Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables

Post Thanks / Like

Reading through this entire thread... giggling mostly through the last couple pages, my take is pretty simply (and knowing that I could not afford either of these DACs, by the way)... but it would be like me saying, I hear that new Audio Research 160 amp sounds great, but ewwww it has tubes... and then looking in my signature and seeing I have multiple tube pieces in my system. The criticism does not hold water in that context. Looks and design are personal preference but I cannot criticize a company using an exact design element as a new piece of gear I am buying ....

For what it is worth, I love the design of the Lampi and I am sure the Kassandra is a great DAC, however I personally prefer the design and look of the Lampi... I am sure others prefer the other machines design...
    Pre-amp: Audio Mirror T-61
    Digital:
    T+A DAC 8 DSD; Falcon Tiki; W4S Recovery; Roon & HQPlayer
    Amplifiers: Audio Mirror REFLECTION 45 SET; T+A AMP 8; McIntosh MC754
    Speakers/Headphones: KEF R700, R400b; Dennis Had Dragon Inspire IHA-1; Focal Clear
    Other: Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030; AudioQuest Niagara 1000

3. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lampizator Pacific arrives at Suncoast Audio

So, I cannot call an amp ugly because I own Diablo 300 (which many think is an acquired taste)?

Wait...what?!

To be fair, he did repeatedly say Pacific sound extraordinary, which IMO is a praise and what really matters in this hobby. Unless of course you guys think that’s a jab too. I’m confused.

BTW I think Pacific looks gorgeous. Never heard it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it is ugly... (actually I have no idea what it looks like, just being agreeable). The point that I read is that a big point was made about one small design feature and when you look at the one he is buying it has even more of that single design element. Not an over all opinion, like your Diablo .
    Pre-amp: Audio Mirror T-61
    Digital:
    T+A DAC 8 DSD; Falcon Tiki; W4S Recovery; Roon & HQPlayer
    Amplifiers: Audio Mirror REFLECTION 45 SET; T+A AMP 8; McIntosh MC754
    Speakers/Headphones: KEF R700, R400b; Dennis Had Dragon Inspire IHA-1; Focal Clear
    Other: Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030; AudioQuest Niagara 1000

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8