New Borresen Line Of Speakers - Page 41
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Borresen Line Of Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Point taken. This is a Borresen thread. If you don't share the enthusiasm go to a thread that cares. Is someone paying to to be an anti Raidho/Borresen shrill? I know it's your opinion but why come down so hard on Raidho/borresen? Do you really think your going to change my mind with you comments? If anything you are just re-enforcing my opinion of the sound quality I prefer. Like I said I don't hate Magico's but they don't draw me into the music. Isn't it all about the music?
    George, this is a practitioner forum, open for free speech. If you can’t take it, maybe it’s better to stay out.

What I am puzzled about, is why there is such a desperate effort on this thread to mute down every even mildly critical comment about the Borresens?

I just clarified my earlier statement, after the OP tried to distort it. Anyone with ears can hear on the videos, that while the two references I used sound smooth top-to-bottom, the Borresens really have an unpleasant sharpness to the top end. Video is for sure not perfect to judge the sound, but you do hear something. If the sound is overly aggressive even on the videos where you don’t hear everything, it is unlikely to be much better live.

May you like it, that’s perfectly fine. Maybe I don’t like it, that’s also perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ansuz-Aavik Lars View Post
    I wounder why you always find Magico owners coming up with bad comments regarding Raidho and Borresen speakers on a Borresen or Raidho thread. But you never see a Raidho or Borresen owner do the same on a Magico thread.. just wounder..
    I think that is pretty simple, Magico and Borresen buyers most likely prefer different things. Not really much rocket science there.

But you do have noted that this is not the Borresen home page, but a discussion forum, right?

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

You just have to go to the Børresen thread and you will find the same. I still wonder

4. Likes pegken liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post

[…] What I am puzzled about, is why there is such a desperate effort on this thread to mute down every even mildly critical comment about the Borresens? […]

Well, what I’m puzzled about is why you’ve not answered my question three times now – which is – have you auditioned the Borresen speakers in person?

I suspect you’ll be joining Ken [Alpinist] in the sin-bin of audiophiles critical of products they’ve not actually physically heard. Boo!

Criticism from those who have actually demoed the speakers is fine. To that end, and contrary to your nonsense claim, I've reposted “mildly critical comment” from both Ritmo and Mike.
    Borresen Acoustics ApS Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

George, this is a practitioner forum, open for free speech. If you can’t take it, maybe it’s better to stay out.

What I am puzzled about, is why there is such a desperate effort on this thread to mute down every even mildly critical comment about the Borresens?

I just clarified my earlier statement, after the OP tried to distort it. Anyone with ears can hear on the videos, that while the two references I used sound smooth top-to-bottom, the Borresens really have an unpleasant sharpness to the top end. Video is for sure not perfect to judge the sound, but you do hear something. If the sound is overly aggressive even on the videos where you don’t hear everything, it is unlikely to be much better live.

May you like it, that’s perfectly fine. Maybe I don’t like it, that’s also perfectly fine.

I'm curious what you mean by overly aggressive. Is it the attack and transients that are too fast for your liking? Too much dynamics? Too much blackness in the background. These are the reasons I purchased the 03's.

The one thing I can't figure out with Magico's is why they don't draw me (and other friends) into the music. Don't get me wrong - the tonality of the Magico's is there but everytime I've heard them I never think about the sound afterward like I do with Raidho or Borresen.

Just kidding - I know why.

It's the emotion and soul I don't hear in the vocals first and foremost. I don't hear it in the instruments either. Again the tonality is there but to me there is more to music than tonality. If I am going to spend big bucks on a speaker I want it all. Something Magico just doesn't deliver for me.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

New Borresen Line Of Speakers

Sorry if it upsets you, if someone does not like what you like. Too bad really.

Someone just made a reference to Magico earlier in the thread, which surprised me. This is, as both speakers do have rather little in common.

Magico are high-end speakers, carefully designed to the highest standards, with very high acclaim.

Borresen, and Raidho before that, are design products very much focused on outer appearance. As a result they do have major design flaws, Raidho the mid-bass hump, and Borresen the aggressive tweeter.

Therefore, they should not really be compared, as they play in a very different league. Just overpricing a product does not make it high-end.

8. Thanks Alpinist thanked for this post
    Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if it upsets you, if someone does not like what you like. Too bad really.

The OP just made a reference to Magico earlier in the thread, which surprised me. This is, as both speakers do have rather little in common.

Magico are high-end speakers, carefully designed to the highest standards, with very high acclaim.

Borresen, and Raidho before that, are design products very much focused on outer appearance. As a result they do have major design flaws, Raidho the mid-bass hump, and Borresen the aggressive tweeter.

Therefore, they should not really be compared, as they play in a very different league. Just overpricing a product does not make it high-end.

That's one persons opinion. I guess Magico and Vanerstien have design flaws too. Otherwise why would they NOT have MKII's? To me appearance has nothing to to do with SQ. You and me are in different worlds regarding SQ. You seem to think looks are what Raidho/Borresen are after. Well I strongly disagree. Just in case you didn't read my previous post regarding the mid bass hump that was put there for low to mid listening levels. I listen at low to moderate listening levels 90-95%% of the time. If you don't that's fine with me. Blow your eardrums out. Now that said I prefer a more laid back sound and with both Raidho and Borresen's I get what I'm looking for. To me Magico's are just a flat sound. No emotion in the vocals and instruments. It' ironic that Magico a few years back said metal cabinets killed the sound and really criticized other manufacturers for that like YG and Polymer. My my how things have changed.

BTW do you have a name? I get the feeling with dealing with screen names I'm dealing with shills and trolls.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Well, what I’m puzzled about is why you’ve not answered my question three times now – which is – have you auditioned the Borresen speakers in person?

I suspect you’ll be joining Ken [Alpinist] in the sin-bin of audiophiles critical of products they’ve not actually physically heard. Boo!

Criticism from those who have actually demoed the speakers is fine and I’ve actually reposted “mildly critical comment” from both Ritmo and Mike.
    My issue with you Ralph is that you have turned the Borresen thread into your personal blog and a Borresen marketing tool. Audio forums are a place to have discussions about products, pros or cons, not to regurgitate endless unanswered advertising drivel. “John Doe heard the Aavik/Borresen system at Munich and purchased the entire system on the spot!” Everyone here knows your modus operandi. If you can’t take the heat, then take your marketing efforts elsewhere. And by the way, Lars, I never owned Magico but I was a dissatisfied Raidho D3 V2 owner who ended up selling those defective speakers at a huge loss.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

11. Thanks Jack, Kuoppis thanked for this post
    Likes Jack, Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Ken
    I guess Vandersteen fixed their defects with the MKII. Even Magico has a boatload of MKII's. Are you saying they were all defective? I have to ask why in the hell did you buy the D3's to begin with. Did you pay retail? Did you hear them first? If not what is the matter with you?

As far as Ralph like me I am a very satisfied customer who looks for the SQ with emotion and soul. I personally am very enthusiastic with both Raidho's and Borresens. For me they are what I was looking for. My guess your dealer that sold you the D3's told you are on your own and good luck with selling them. I guess he had nothing to offer you toward your liking as far as trade in. Graet dealer IMO.
    George

Post Thanks / Like

Just overpricing a product does not make it high-end.
    +1

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast