Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Borresen Line Of Speakers

Price?

Post Thanks / Like

Which model bluegrassphile?

If you are asking about the Borresen 05, the speaker is to be launched in the U.S. next month (AXPONA, Chicago) and I'm not sure if the U.S. Distributor, Gated HiFi Distribution, has released a suggested retail price yet. My guess is about US$120k.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're talking about the small satellites, they are $32k and $5k for the stands - there is some coverage of the items at the recent Florida Audio Expo (and if one Googles coverage of it, the various review sites have more info) - https://www.audioshark.org/other-shows-139/
    Main System - Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, Mivera PurePower SE Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
    Back-up 1 - Hegel H190 Integrated Amp/DAC, Integra DPS 6.9 Transport, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
    Back-up 2 - Sherbourn Pre-1, Emotiva XPA 200 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Rel Q150 sub

Post Thanks / Like

Dimension details for the Borresen Acoustics Model 05 loudspeaker.

5. Thanks Odyssey thanked for this post
    Likes octadyndude, Matias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Why not post it so we can all know.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Probably because he is a dealer, which would explain the deep knowledge into everything regarding the products and the people behind.

Post Thanks / Like

My 03's arrived a couple of days ago. They sound better out of the box than I've heard before. Even so the bass goes deeper and is a lot tighter compared to the D3.1's because the transients are much faster. The attack and decay is uncanny. The tweeter needs to and will settle down and smooth out. The mids are good but will get a lot better. As of now I have 36hrs on them. The 03's are very efficient and can play a lot louder too.
    image1.jpegimage1.jpeg
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional D-TC Supreme feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

8. Likes Odyssey, kiwi_1282001 liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Runinrap View Post
    Probably because he is a dealer, which would explain the deep knowledge into everything regarding the products and the people behind.
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    I found out a little more regarding that wall wart connected to the 05's. It's a power adapter that puts out 12VDC to activate a Tesla circuit in the speaker as an option. The new supreme power box will handle it but the power box is still being worked on so for that reason the wall wart is being offered. Also the new supreme speaker cables should have a jack in them to run the power to the speakers Tesla circuit separately but like the power box it isn't quite ready yet either. It will be interesting how the 05's will sound with and without the Telsa circuit activated.
    Just at the owners manual and it's a 15VDC power adapter not 12V
    I
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional D-TC Supreme feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    My 03's arrived a couple of days ago. They sound better out of the box than I've heard before. Even so the bass goes deeper and is a lot tighter compared to the D3.1's because the transients are much faster. The attack and decay is uncanny. The tweeter needs to and will settle down and smooth out. The mids are good but will get a lot better. As of now I have 36hrs on them. The 03's are very efficient and can play a lot louder too.

George,

Congratulations on the purchase and arrival of your new Borresen Model 03 loudspeakers. They look amazing. If they are anything like my 01's you can expect to hear clear improvements all the way to 300 hours and beyond. Your dealer seems to be excited too. He has posted photos of your speakers online – one of which is copied below.

12. Likes octadyndude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe, maybe not. even if he is a dealer it's a well deserved appointment as Ralph's blog on his journey with the Raidho D2.1 was helpful for many of us readers. He's clearly passionate about the product. if this comment was meant to malign his authenticity, then i respectfully suggest you read his older posts and reconsider your statement.

14. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post
    Likes octadyndude liked this post

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast