New Borresen Line Of Speakers - Page 21
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Borresen Line Of Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Ken,

With respect, what is being skirted is the question of why is it certain parties persist on bringing up historic Raidho centric issues in this thread?

Haven’t concerns around Raidho’s design, pricing and distribution already been beaten to death in this forum? The dissatisfaction may have been real but it was by no means universal.

I share your hope that the perceived sins of Raidho are not imputed onto Borresen.

I further hope we can keep this thread on topic.
    Are you being paid to promote the Borresen speakers? Is this gorilla marketing?
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Are you being paid to promote the Borresen speakers? Is this gorilla marketing?

Mark,

No & No.

But since you’ve earlier endorsed my writing skills noting that I may have missed a calling to write ad copy for OEMS and be very successful at it – perhaps I should consider a paid side business doing precisely that?

I mean, if you think about it, numerous otherwise highly competent start-up businesses fail to scale or quietly vanish simply because they fail to get attention.

With continued interjections by your good self and others, failing to get attention won’t be an issue for Børresen Acoustics.

Post Thanks / Like

I pinched this photo of the Borresen Acoustics Facebook page.

How cool is this? A photo of the machining work for the tweeter side vent.

Post Thanks / Like

Would it be possible to drive Borresen 03 with SET monoblocks Aries Cerat Concero 65 ?

Post Thanks / Like

It is unfortunate that the Børresen Acoustic loudspeakers are priced out of reach for many. But we need to acknowledge that concepts of price and value are highly personal and purchasers – typically after auditions – will make their own decisions on whether speakers are worth the price tag.

At $30k pricing is relative to other “reference” stand mount speakers such as the Raidho Acoustics D-1.1’s at $29k, Vivid Audio’s Oval B1 Decade at $28k, TAD CR1’s at US$42k etc. Not sure whether Magico will come out with a replacement for their Q1’s though that’s probably not relevant as the Magico range has traditionally failed to get the foot tapping and head bobbing of typical Michael Borresen house-sound customers.
    Dang! I must must be getting Parkinson’s cause my foot is tapping and head a bobbing listening to my S3mks2.
    I for one can’t stand arrogant universal assertions and now have a bad taste in my mouth for their products for no reason other than attitudes.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Fostex Th900 headphones

6. Likes Mike, the professor, Alpinist, Jack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it this thread? I hope so.

Someone commented that Raidho is too expensive because their cabinets are made in China. Personally I can't see the relevance of price and production location of the cabinets. But then again I really don't care where something is made. If a product was made in Israel, Cuba, Iran, North Korea or China I could't care less. If it sounds good what does it matter.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 RCA Interlink: Ansuz X, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

8. Likes octadyndude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Was it this thread? I hope so.

Someone commented that Raidho is too expensive because their cabinets are made in China. Personally I can't see the relevance of price and production location of the cabinets. But then again I really don't care where something is made. If a product was made in Israel, Cuba, Iran, North Korea or China I could't care less. If it sounds good what does it matter.
    But then again, you own Raidho speakers which makes you an interested party with regards to their MSRP and retail value. I think that most companies move production to China to reduce their costs so they can be more competitive and price their products cheaper in the marketplace vice producing them in countries where labor costs are high. If you move production to China to save money but price your products just like they were made in a country where labor costs are high, this does not benefit the consumer. That's why it matters.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Would it be possible to drive Borresen 03 with SET monoblocks Aries Cerat Concero 65 ?

Welcome to this ever growing thread Thieliste.

Are you looking to replace your Thiel 3.7’s with Borresen 03’s?

The Thiel 3.7’s are a difficult load and certainly the Borresen speakers would be much easier to drive.

In respect to whether it’s possible to drive Borresen 03’s with Aries Cerat Concero SET 65 tube mono block amplifiers it might be best to drop an email to Borresen Acoustics to ask them?

From an electrical perspective I see no reason why the 65 Watt Aries Cerat Concero mono blocs wouldn’t drive the Borresen’s superbly.

Of course numbers are one thing, but trying combinations of gear in real life is entirely another. Subjectively, I imagine the combination of the Aries musicality and richness of mids and treble combined with the simply outstanding resolution of the Borresen’s would be world class.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this ever growing thread Thieliste.

Are you looking to replace your Thiel 3.7’s with Borresen 03’s?

The Thiel 3.7’s are a difficult load and certainly the Borresen speakers would be much easier to drive.

In respect to whether it’s possible to drive Borresen 03’s with Aries Cerat Concero SET 65 tube mono block amplifiers it might be best to drop an email to Borresen Acoustics to ask them?

From an electrical perspective I see no reason why the 65 Watt Aries Cerat Concero mono blocs wouldn’t drive the Borresen’s superbly.

Of course numbers are one thing, but trying combinations of gear in real life is entirely another. Subjectively, I imagine the combination of the Aries musicality and richness of mids and treble combined with the simply outstanding resolution of the Borresen’s would be world class.
    Hi Kiwi thanks for your repply.
    I will keep my Thiels CS 3.7s but plan on purchasing a higher end speaker in the future and figured out that the Borresen would pair well with poweful SET monoblocks.
    Like you mentioned the Aries Cerat are very organic, rich and dynamic sounding amps with the very resolving and fast Borresen 03 that would be awsome IMO.
    I also like CH Precison pre-power but paired with Borresen speakers might not be the best choice.
    Anyway congrads on your purchase of the 01, i will most likely go to Munich and listen to the Borresen 03 this year and meet Michael.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    But then again, you own Raidho speakers which makes you an interested party with regards to their MSRP and retail value. I think that most companies move production to China to reduce their costs so they can be more competitive and price their products cheaper in the marketplace vice producing them in countries where labor costs are high. If you move production to China to save money but price your products just like they were made in a country where labor costs are high, this does not benefit the consumer. That's why it matters.
    I paid far less then list price. It was a demo clearance model.

The dealer is lowering his stock, I think he wants to retire soon.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 RCA Interlink: Ansuz X, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21