New Borresen Line Of Speakers - Page 20
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Borresen Line Of Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Agreed and this is act 2. What happened to the value of Raidho speakers? Some Dealers were dumping their inventory at cost at the end of Act 1. I feel for anyone that bought in at full MSRP.

I think we can all agree there were lots of mistakes Dantax A/S made with the Raidho channel model.

Borresen is a new play and I expect / hope we will see proper distribution set up and more discipline in the sales channel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    I think we can all agree there were lots of mistakes Dantax A/S made with the Raidho channel model.

Borresen is a new play and I expect / hope we will see proper distribution set up and more discipline in the sales channel.
    With all due respect, all the problems I experienced with my Raidho D3 V2 were design related. I purchased them at a huge discount from a terrific dealer, so there were no problems there.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

3. Likes Mike, Kuoppis, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    […] all the problems I experienced with my Raidho D3 V2 were design related. […]
    Ken

As you keep repeating Ad nauseam.

But the question is – what do your perceived Raidho D3 design problems have to do with “The New Borresen Line of Loudspeakers”?

Post Thanks / Like

Ralph

I assume this is you again promoting Borreson speakers. Funny in this thread you act to be a curious perspective buyer and certainly not a proud owner.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussio...-did-you-think
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

6. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack,

Yes.

Shoot me.

A thread asking if others had heard the Borresen speakers and for their impressions of the same, which was started before I received mine.

Post Thanks / Like

But the question is – what do your perceived Raidho D3 design problems have to do with “The New Borresen Line of Loudspeakers”?
    Ralph,

You were skirting the main issue, which were design problems. Pricing and distribution were not the reason most of the people on this forum sold their Raidhos.

What does that have to do with the new line of Borresen speakers? Hopefully nothing for those who have spent big money or are contemplating spending big money on their new models.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Ken

If the pricing and points spread on this line is similar to the Raidho's and sales don't materialize like dealers think they will then the same thing will likely happen again. I certainly wouldn't want to be near the front of the line unless you were getting some type of accommodation pricing. I hope the frequency response issues have been corrected with the larger models as I don't remember these issues surfacing with the Bookshelf models.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

10. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Ralph,

You were skirting the main issue, which were design problems. Pricing and distribution were not the reason most of the people on this forum sold their Raidhos.

What does that have to do with the new line of Borresen speakers? Hopefully nothing for those who have spent big money or are contemplating big money on their new models.

Ken

Ken,

With respect, what is being skirted is the question of why is it certain parties persist on bringing up historic Raidho centric issues in this thread?

Haven’t concerns around Raidho’s design, pricing and distribution already been beaten to death in this forum? The dissatisfaction may have been real but it was by no means universal.

I share your hope that the perceived sins of Raidho are not imputed onto Borresen.

I further hope we can keep this thread on topic.

Post Thanks / Like

New Borresen Line Of Speakers

IMHO Ken has a valid point, as both speakers have been designed by the same people. Exactly as pointed out, the question arises whether they have learned or not.

I don’t think Borresen would argue they quickly forgot everything they did at Raidho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + EMO EN-70HD network isolator/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

13. Likes Alpinist, kzhtoo, Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    IMHO Ken has a valid point, as both speakers have been designed by the same people. Exactly as pointed out, the question arises whether they have learned or not.
    Ralph,

This is exactly the reason I brought it up. It is the same designer and potential buyers of the Borresen line need to be aware of it if they are new members of the forum. And quite honestly, without rehashing everything that transpired, I am still bothered by my experience with the Raidho product. On that note, I’m fine with resuming with the regular scheduled programming.

Ken

15. Thanks Dguitarnut thanked for this post

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast