New Borresen Line Of Speakers - Page 19
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Borresen Line Of Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Ansuz-Aavik Lars View Post
    Our new range of speakers are appr. Between 3 to 4 dB more efficient than the Raidhos
    Sure sounds louder than that.
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D3.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    [...] Now I am very curious to hear the mid range difference between the 02 and the 03. Trying to arrange an 02 vs 03 demo this coming Sunday.
    Any update on this George?

Post Thanks / Like

Well the 03 vs 02. The 03 has more detail than the 3.1 and a ton more than the 02. The lows go deeper with the 03's vs the 02 but not by leaps and bounds. We started with the 03's switched to the 02's then back to the 03's. It seemed as if the 02's were muffled (even though they are not) it's because there is that much more detail with the 03's. Incredible. Had I not just got the 3.1's in May I would have placed an order today. Also I did retire early on 11-2-2018 so I have to watch to watch my pennies for a bit. I have to take Cobra for health ins for the next 5 months and it is quite pricey. Then I can switch to medicare with supplements which should be even less than what I was paying when I worked. I was also told there are no discounts with the Borresen speakers so that makes it a bit tougher and a longer wait should I decide to get them.
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D3.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

4. Thanks Buch73 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the update George.

It seems clear from your description that performance improves as you move up the Børresen range which is what you’d expect – but not necessarily what is always delivered.

Congrats on the early retirement. For now, I would sit back and enjoy your gorgeous upgraded walnut burl Raidho’s. The advent of Borresen Acoustics should not diminish the satisfaction and enjoyment you get from your existing system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Thanks so much for the update George.

It seems clear from your description that performance improves as you move up the Børresen range which is what you’d expect – but not necessarily what is always delivered.

Congrats on the early retirement. For now, I would sit back and enjoy your gorgeous upgraded walnut burl Raidho’s. The advent of Borresen Acoustics should not diminish the satisfaction and enjoyment you get from your existing system.
    I am still amazed with the sound of my 3.1's and unless I am able to get an in home demo there is no chance of an upgrade for me. That said I did ask for a demo but changed my mind before they arrived due to my retirement. Also as good as the Borresen cabinets looks I still love my cabinets better.
    George

Post Thanks / Like

Well my Borresen 01 loudspeakers finally showed up this week. I had to be a bit patient.

I’m told that Borresen completely sold out its first production run and has back orders up to its eyeballs.

Good for them.

Details on the product and my unpacking experience can be found in my system thread.
    https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post258898

I have not had the opportunity yet to listen to the speakers, but the good news is the speakers passed the wife acceptance test.

Photo: The Borresen 01 loudspeaker flew through the partner acceptance test – phew!

8. Likes VoicesInMyHead, Skanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Well the 03 vs 02. The 03 has more detail than the 3.1 and a ton more than the 02. The lows go deeper with the 03's vs the 02 but not by leaps and bounds. We started with the 03's switched to the 02's then back to the 03's. It seemed as if the 02's were muffled (even though they are not) it's because there is that much more detail with the 03's. Incredible. Had I not just got the 3.1's in May I would have placed an order today. Also I did retire early on 11-2-2018 so I have to watch to watch my pennies for a bit. I have to take Cobra for health ins for the next 5 months and it is quite pricey. Then I can switch to medicare with supplements which should be even less than what I was paying when I worked. I was also told there are no discounts with the Borresen speakers so that makes it a bit tougher and a longer wait should I decide to get them.
    Do they not have dealers? At their prices one would think so. Where there is dealers, there are discounts.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    I’m told that Borresen completely sold out its first production run and has back orders up to its eyeballs.

Good for them.

Nice looking speakers. Do you know how many pairs have been produced so far?
    Paul

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Do they not have dealers? At their prices one would think so. Where there is dealers, there are discounts.
    Mark, there is an old saying that starts something like this: “fool me once, shame on you....”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

12. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Mark, there is an old saying that starts something like this: “fool me once, shame on you....”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed and this is act 2. What happened to the value of Raidho speakers? Some Dealers were dumping their inventory at cost at the end of Act 1. I feel for anyone that bought in at full MSRP.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

14. Likes the professor liked this post

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast