New Borresen Line Of Speakers - Page 13
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Borresen Line Of Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I would prefer others comment.
    Uh oh.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

They were very revealing. With the right equipment match I think they would be fantastic.
    Marty
    Main system: SGC sonicTransporter I7, microRendu,Terminator DAC, Audio Research REF5SE, Nord B&O 1200as mono amps, Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversary MKII, JPS Labs, Furutech cabling and connectors.
    Office System: Linn LP12, Aurender N100H, Audio Research LS27, Oppo Sonica, Nord NC500, KEF R500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    They were very revealing. With the right equipment match I think they would be fantastic.
    Weren’t they with Aavik in one of the rooms? What could be a better match?

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you are correct. Like I said to me they were very revealing and detailed which I personally like but maybe not everyones taste. Paired with smooth laid back electronics they may be more preferable to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Weren’t they with Aavik in one of the rooms? What could be a better match?

Ken
    Marty
    Main system: SGC sonicTransporter I7, microRendu,Terminator DAC, Audio Research REF5SE, Nord B&O 1200as mono amps, Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversary MKII, JPS Labs, Furutech cabling and connectors.
    Office System: Linn LP12, Aurender N100H, Audio Research LS27, Oppo Sonica, Nord NC500, KEF R500

5. Thanks Alpinist thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I reading into it - or were they bright?

Yes you are correct. Like I said to me they were very revealing and detailed which I personally like but maybe not everyones taste. Paired with smooth laid back electronics they may be more preferable to the masses.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Post Thanks / Like

Jock they are skewed towards the upper frequencies but I personally wouldn’t call them bright.

Oh and thank you very much for the kamikaze!

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    Am I reading into it - or were they bright?
    Marty

Post Thanks / Like

LOL

You are very welcome. The least I could do since I didn't make it in person.

Jock they are skewed towards the upper frequencies but I personally wouldn’t call them bright.

Oh and thank you very much for the kamikaze!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Post Thanks / Like

i seen them at RMAF and they look very nice and remind me of that fast Raidho sound...

imo: kinda hard to judge them,because some of the tracks they played, also sound great on a clock radio!

10. Likes Skanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jock I hope you will make it to the Florida Audio Expo and I will return the favor. Thanks again.

Mike do you know if Borresen will be showing at the FAE?

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    LOL

You are very welcome. The least I could do since I didn't make it in person.
    Marty

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Jock I hope you will make it to the Florida Audio Expo and I will return the favor. Thanks again.

Mike do you know if Borresen will be showing at the FAE?
    Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast