Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Finally a listening chair

Like many of you I have searched for what my idea of a listening chair should be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Re: Finally a listening chair

That looks beautiful. Who is the manufacturer?
    Thanks,
    Anshul

Audioshark

Link? Love it.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

The chair is Vanguard and the model is Woodley.
    This is what the Chair looked like before altering the head rest
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Sorry for this being multiple posts and different size pictures. For some reason vBulletin here and my Mac don't get along.
    Photos randomly turn 90 deg left or right and no matter how many times I try to turn and save them they seem to have a mind of their own.

This is the back side of the chair back with the leather removed and I have restructured the frame to have only a head rest.
    I chose the height of the horizontal welt in the leather on the front for the location to begin the head rest.

This time all I get is a 90 deg thumbnail. Gerrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway this is the footstool frame before finishing the legs and upholstery

Another 90deg thumbnail.
    Let frames for footstool stained and finished

If anyone can give me suggestions what I might be doing wrong I would appreciate it. It's a good thing I can build furniture as I can't operate a computer to save my life.

Very nice Brad.
    The music better be exciting or I might end up napping with that. Looks comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    Like many of you I have searched for what my idea of a listening chair should be.

Nice Brad , love the look. Mike has some really nice chairs also at his store, well worth it ..

regards

https://www.poltronafrau.com/en/cata...and-pouf/willy

I found my “perfect listening chair”, comfortable, sittting up, ears perfectly angled, no headrest or obtrusive side arms with rear perfectly contoured with no detraction in any way from the sound field.

Took delivery of mine in their Ferrari red leather. This company provides leather to Maranello for Ferrari

The chair is NOT cheap but a fantastic listening chair that I have been searching for years. Strolled across it on another audio site and was flabbergasted by its price and wait time BUT still a lot cheaper than my speaker wires and IMHO no less important.

In line with the OP the “chair” main be one of the most important parts of one’s system.

We just love our Stressless chairs and we can get them to fit different sized butts. https://www.stressless.com/en/stressless-recliners
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post

I found my “perfect listening chair”, comfortable, sittting up, ears perfectly angled, no headrest or obtrusive side arms with rear perfectly contoured with no detraction in any way from the sound field.
    Took delivery of mine in their Ferrari red leather. This company provides leather to Maranello for Ferrari

The chair is NOT cheap but a fantastic listening chair that I have been searching for years. Strolled across it on another audio site and was flabbergasted by its price and wait time BUT still a lot cheaper than my speaker wires and IMHO no less important.
    So basically in other words what you are saying is audio can only be enjoyed by folks who has a perfect listening chair capable of buying it from a manufacturer who provides leather to companies like Ferrari...Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Devg View Post
    So basically in other words what you are saying is audio can only be enjoyed by folks who has a perfect listening chair capable of buying it from a manufacturer who provides leather to companies like Ferrari...Sigh!
    Not really, any chair will work, its up to the listener. You can always set in this
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Yes , well sort of , Bugatti , Bentley or lambo suppled leather will also suffice

Here's an idea. Have you seen the recent commercials from Lincoln promoting their new auto seat? Completely electrically adjustable in many dimensions including the headrest.
    Find one at an auto salvage yard, make a wooden base for it to house a 12V power pack and your in audio heaven.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Or this as you can adjust everything including your headrest with a remote
    Svago ZGR Plus Dual Power Zero Gravity Recliner, https://www.svago.com/svago-zgr-plus.html

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Or this as you can adjust everything including your headrest with a remote
    Svago ZGR Plus Dual Power Zero Gravity Recliner, https://www.svago.com/svago-zgr-plus.html

Love it. Now if they would just sculpt the top to match the size of the headrest.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Did I say that or did you say that?

I found "MY perfect" chair after years of looking. My "personal belief" is that if I am investing what I am into my system, I want to get every last ounce of pleasure it is capable of. For me, a recliner, high back chair or a coffee table mitigates what my system is capable of. To others, if their enjoyment comes from reclining with a high back Stressless, Eames or whatever they choose and that enjoyment overrides the impact the music brings them, that's their business. However, make NO mistake, when a designer of a speaker designs them, he/she is designing them with an appropriate listening height, without a high headrest. It's all a choice and the latter is not mine.

I can only state what works with me and the chair I chose pushes all my buttons. I said "my perfect listening chair".

As to the leather which seems to send shivers down your spine, the point is that the company uses fine leather.

I see you are from the Bay Area with the typical intolerance that pervades the air there. Learn to read and not put words in people's mouth. SIGH!

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Yes , well sort of , Bugatti , Bentley or lambo suppled leather will also suffice

agree

That is a great chair CPP. Did you make them or have them made? Love the rich look of the walnut with the industrial look of the steel.

Nice variation on the mid century modern "Z Chair".

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Not really, any chair will work, its up to the listener. You can always set in this

Nice looking chair. Reminds me of a barcelona chair replica that is modified.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Finally a listening chair