Mesh Wireless Networks - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mesh Wireless Networks

wow, thanks. I have a close friend on a computer audio site who distributes the Waversa products and they are just sick. I'll look into his router, but I know it's around 1500 or so. I know a few who have heard it over in Asia and say it's DEAD QUIET and worth every penny if you stream. Considering what we pay for other things, it makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

The Waversa is a switch, not a router. You therefore won't have a separate network, but it'll still work the same. Plug the Waversa into your current home router. Anything that is plugged into the Waversa will communicate directly with each other without going through your home router. If a device off the Waversa needs to reach the internet it'll look the same as any other device in your house.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually they make both. They have two types of switches I believe (I'm not a tech guy per say). they also make a router.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Netgear's Orbi for over a week now. I had to return the first 3 pack I purchased when the reset button on the main router failed. The second unit has been working well and with the assistance of some knowledgable audiophiles I repurposed my old Apple Time Capsule for Time Machine and some network storage. Only one mimic hiccup with one Wemo light switch that I'm dealing with.
    Last edited by still-one; August 10, 2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Changed wording
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Post Thanks / Like

Oh OK, I only saw the switch on their website. Well, in your setup a switch would be better anyway since you plan on keeping the existing router in place. This way no special configuration is needed on the Waversa switch and there is no double NAT happening when going from the audio network to the internet. Just keeps it all simpler with the same end result.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny as I got the Netgear one first and it wouldn't work. I spent over 5 hours on the phone with them in the course of 2 days and it wouldn't work. Friend had a similar experience and we both went to EERO and have been happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    Funny as I got the Netgear one first and it wouldn't work. I spent over 5 hours on the phone with them in the course of 2 days and it wouldn't work. Friend had a similar experience and we both went to EERO and have been happy.
    At one point I considered returning the units and just picking up New Old Stock Apple Time Capsule and a AirPort Extreme or two. I am happy with the speeds I am getting everywhere now.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    Oh OK, I only saw the switch on their website. Well, in your setup a switch would be better anyway since you plan on keeping the existing router in place. This way no special configuration is needed on the Waversa switch and there is no double NAT happening when going from the audio network to the internet. Just keeps it all simpler with the same end result.
    I’m not sure what John has on his site as he’s just launching it. He sent me a link to all the products. I was going to do the switch, however he had me get a special Ethernet filter first fromEMO. Let me see how that goes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2