It was time for a new TV - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It was time for a new TV

I hope you got a good price! The Z9F just came out today.
    Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento
    Crystal Cable Absolute Dream, Dreamline Plus
    Furutech GTX-D NCF (R), GTX Wall Plate, 104-D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
    I hope you got a good price! The Z9F just came out today.
    I was going to say something similar. I paid $9K for my Z9D two years ago, and I know the price has dropped since then. I wonder how much better picture wise the Z9F is.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew it was coming and I got a decent price. But keeping up with TV technology is like trying to catch a falling knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the LG 65" OLED and I have to agree with the bright room concerns. I wouldn't say my room is that bright, but right now that room is a little brighter than usual because we're getting new window coverings and the shades that are staying don't quite do enough. I can increase the brightness, but then the whites begin to wash out. And I also have to say that picture quality is SOOO dependent on content. Anything truly 4K when the room is darker can be phenomenal. I never realized there could be so many shades of black!

5. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Mike, you bought a great set. I've been happy using the Sony 940D for two years now. The set will show it's best when you view 4K UHD with HDR content. These sets are dynamic as mentioned. I was amazed the first time a bright scene popped in after a dark scene I couldn't believe the output. I think you will be happy with it in daylight viewing. They upscale nicely also. Many have said both their DVD's and Blu-rays look better thru the Sony's scaler.
    Source component-Esoteric K-01X
    Preamp-
    Audio Research Reference 10
    Amplifier- ​D'Agostino Progression monoblocks
    Speakers-
    Wilson Audio Maxx 3
    Isolation stand-HRS SXR
    Cables-Transparent Reference speaker and Super I/C's.
    Power conditioning-Transparent Power Isolator and Transparent power cords
    Room treatment-Vicoustics

7. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want a top of the line equipment for your residence, retail store, educational institute, house of worship and any such areas, you could very well get in touch with Exodus Infotech. They are well-known distributors of any and every audio-visual system and have managed to successfully install a lot of equipment as per customizable needs for varied requirements. Do visit their website and see the various offerings that they have in store.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Luxman MQ-300,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Revel Studio 2, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anil Tendulkar View Post
    If you want a top of the line equipment for your residence, retail store, educational institute, house of worship and any such areas, you could very well get in touch with Exodus Infotech. They are well-known distributors of any and every audio-visual system and have managed to successfully install a lot of equipment as per customizable needs for varied requirements. Do visit their website and see the various offerings that they have in store.
    Itís a bit of a long drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

11. Likes joeinid, CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Iím really looking forward to it. The OLED they said would be better in a dark room, but the one I got would be better in a rather bright room. Hereís mine, and thereís more windows on the other side.

Mike, that looks just like the view from my friend's home in Sarasota! Same style pool and enclosure!
    Regards,
    Steve

I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowgeezr View Post
    Mike, that looks just like the view from my friend's home in Sarasota! Same style pool and enclosure!
    Iím at his house.

14. Likes slowgeezr liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast