One Room Tweak = New System - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Room Tweak = New System

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I simply replaced the solid reflective table with a smaller leather ottoman and experienced an incredible, amazing leap forward - no joke!
    If anyone ever told you different, don't ever listen to a word they say. Fabric is even better, but I've haven't had a solid table there in a long time, I also have a leather ottoman currently.

Before (older picture, some gear, well maybe a lot has been updated)
    I was going to saying amazing transformation of speaker looks just by swapping table...

I'll have to respectfully disagree with Jim regarding the guitars and would be happy to put that theory to test via blind/controlled method. All welcome to try. I think they are fine as is.

cheers,

AJ

2. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re the table in front of the listening seat, that is Tip #45 of 202 in Get Better Sound, written a bit over 10 years ago...
    MBP (3), stripped down for music only; Curious USB; Lush USB; PS Audio LanRover; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; 2 Audioquest Diamond ethernet - 1 3M 1 - 5M; Audioquest Diamond AES; Schiit Yggdrasil - updated; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; bi-wired with Duelund DCA16GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; Duelund DCA20GA ICs; Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Re the table in front of the listening seat, that is Tip #45 of 202 in Get Better Sound, written a bit over 10 years ago...
    Jim

Thanks for your input over the years and your insightful tips on getting the best sound. I know you were on the other thread regarding the coffee table and I am not looking to start it all over again.

While many of us endusers have to deal with the hand we are dealt (ie multi-use room, type and size of room, etc.) many of do have choices and many in search of the ultimate sound from their systems often have me shaking my head. In the old days I was a reseller and installer and no matter how many times I would try to help many, too many of the "many" would always insist on new equipment to fix their "woes" instead of some simple changes.

People often refuse to do simple things like just change the listening height of the their chair. My last pair of speakers were Nola Concert Grands and while Carl had the speaker slightly canted forward, the "sweet spot" based on ribbon height (for me and my size) was with my rump at 18-19". Not many chairs at that seat height but a rear end support fixed the issue an gave me much more enjoyable SQ than a standard 17" chair height.

I guess my point, and the points you drive home is everything matters and some of the smallest (and inexpensive) tweaks can often make huge differences.

Thanks for all your input.

Post Thanks / Like

I can attest Ultrafast system sounds great, and I did not hear the guitars singing along. I did note some damping material between the fret and strings.

I like so many others have a multi purpose room. I don't want to sterile it to much. I push my coffee table to the side when listening. Otherwise I can hear it. I have looked at new furniture since I have leather furniture. My wife takes me to Lignet Roset. $20k for a sofa and chair makes me gulp.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

I simply replaced the solid reflective table with a smaller leather ottoman and experienced an incredible, amazing leap forward - no joke!
    I did the same long time ago.
    At time i had problems with my wife because i gave the table to a friend for free. I had no other space in the house for the table (around 1.2 x 1.2 meters) and, after been removed, it simply could not return to the same place.

One suggestion: try, simply try to put the sub at the center, between the 2 speakers and listen music in 2.1. You have yours where i had mine (but in the right wall).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2