View Poll Results: which integrated

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luxman 509x

13 50.00%
  • Gryphon Diablo 120

13 50.00%

Luxman 509x or Gryphon Diablo 120

looking to move into an integrated. Cannot audition either but I've read reviews. Has anyone here heard both and can give a comparison

Re: Luxman 509x or Gryphon Diablo 120

Mike will probably be the only one unless Larry took them both home to try before he got his 300. Call Mike and talk to him as it might matter which speakers are involved.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

What speakers are you going to use with the new integrated amp?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Salk HT2-TL

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by N2siast View Post
    Salk HT2-TL
    Very nice. I think I’d go with the Luxman in this case. (My preference) They look fairly easy to drive and I normally enjoy a slightly warmer sound.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

interesting , both have home theatre bypass , gryphon products seem to arouse huge love and reverence . my money would be on the gryphon , and when you have more money you can move to the 300
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

So I bit the bullet and ordered the Diablo 300. Will receive in about a week. Time will tell if this ends the merry go round insanity

Congrats, can’t wait to see pics and read your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by N2siast View Post
    So I bit the bullet and ordered the Diablo 300. Will receive in about a week. Time will tell if this ends the merry go round insanity
    Good decision!

That was my decision too!........in my system a much better live presentation...
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Smart move.
    AUDIO ROOM: CH Precision I1, Luxman D-10X, Luxman PD-171A, Stenheim Alumine Three, Shunyata Everest, Tellurium Q, Sitech cables and interconnects, CORE Audio Design racks and a whole host of other silly audiophile accessories!

HOME OFFICE: Luxman L-595ASE, Hi-Fi Rose 150B, Diapason Neos, Tellurium Q Cables.

Ok, you have left us hanging. Thought on the new 300??? lmao
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest William Tell bi wire speaker cable
    Wireworld 8 optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into The Memory Player from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and four dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

very pleased the 300. Very dynamic with micro and macro detail in spades. Handles my new speakers with aplomb despite the 84db at 8 ohms efficiency rating.

Doesn't the Diablo 120 cost thousands more than the 509x? If so, I'm not sure this is a fair comparison? If they're similar in price disregard my post.

Doesn't the Diablo 120 cost thousands more than the 509x? If so, I'm not sure this is a fair comparison? The figure I saw was the basic Diablo 120 was $11,200 and you had to pay another $2,250 for the phono stage. The Luxman is $9500 and that includes the built in phono amp. So, based on those figures the Diablo 120 would cost you roughly another $4,500 vs the Luxman. If they're similar in price disregard my post.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Doesn't the Diablo 120 cost thousands more than the 509x? If so, I'm not sure this is a fair comparison? The figure I saw was the basic Diablo 120 was $11,200 and you had to pay another $2,250 for the phono stage. The Luxman is $9500 and that includes the built in phono amp. So, based on those figures the Diablo 120 would cost you roughly another $4,500 vs the Luxman. If they're similar in price disregard my post.
    Nope. $9495 vs $9800.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thanks, Mike. Didn't know they were so close in price. Please excuse the double post.

I've noticed the 509x is popular with guys that use Harbeth speakers. Mike recommends that combo too. I think I read he owns the Luxman 509x. Can't recall if he has Harbeths as personal speakers. I think he does. You out there, Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    I've noticed the 509x is popular with guys that use Harbeth speakers. Mike recommends that combo too. I think I read he owns the Luxman 509x. Can't recall if he has Harbeths as personal speakers. I think he does. You out there, Mike?
    I am very interested in Mike's opinion on this too. He has both Luxman and Gryphon lines

Audioshark

Sorry guys, I’m at B&W training this week in Boston and it’s chalked full of content.

For Harbeth’s, I absolutely love the Luxman 509x. On this pairing, I give the edge to Luxman. But on other speakers, I give the edge to the Diablo 120.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Have fun Mike. Would have loved to come up to hi, but I'm sure they have you very busy, lol. Have fun.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest William Tell bi wire speaker cable
    Wireworld 8 optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into The Memory Player from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and four dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team