• Luxman 509x

13 54.17%
  • Gryphon Diablo 120

11 45.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luxman 509x or Gryphon Diablo 120

Smart move.
    Audio Room: Luxman L-590AX II, Esoteric K-01X, Aurender N10, Clearaudio Innovation, KEF Blade 2, Audeze LCD-XC, Audioquest Niagara 5000, Synergistic Research Euphoria speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum USB and COAX, Audioquest WEL interconnects and Hurricane power cords, Core Audio Designs racks, Stillpoints, HRS damping plates and all that other silly stuff

Living Room: (aka Maria's system): Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated, Audio Physic Tempo Special Ed., Cambridge Audio 840C, Bluesound Node 2, Accusound and Nordost interconnects and cables

Office: McIntosh MA252, Bluesound Node 2, Chord 2Qute DAC, Diapason Neos, Tellurium Q silver speaker cables and Nordost Frey 2 interconnects

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, you have left us hanging. Thought on the new 300??? lmao
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

3. Likes sakso136 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

very pleased the 300. Very dynamic with micro and macro detail in spades. Handles my new speakers with aplomb despite the 84db at 8 ohms efficiency rating.

5. Likes DrGjerdesmett, joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the Diablo 120 cost thousands more than the 509x? If so, I'm not sure this is a fair comparison? If they're similar in price disregard my post.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the Diablo 120 cost thousands more than the 509x? If so, I'm not sure this is a fair comparison? The figure I saw was the basic Diablo 120 was $11,200 and you had to pay another $2,250 for the phono stage. The Luxman is $9500 and that includes the built in phono amp. So, based on those figures the Diablo 120 would cost you roughly another $4,500 vs the Luxman. If they're similar in price disregard my post.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Doesn't the Diablo 120 cost thousands more than the 509x? If so, I'm not sure this is a fair comparison? The figure I saw was the basic Diablo 120 was $11,200 and you had to pay another $2,250 for the phono stage. The Luxman is $9500 and that includes the built in phono amp. So, based on those figures the Diablo 120 would cost you roughly another $4,500 vs the Luxman. If they're similar in price disregard my post.
    Nope. $9495 vs $9800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mike. Didn't know they were so close in price. Please excuse the double post.

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed the 509x is popular with guys that use Harbeth speakers. Mike recommends that combo too. I think I read he owns the Luxman 509x. Can't recall if he has Harbeths as personal speakers. I think he does. You out there, Mike?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    I've noticed the 509x is popular with guys that use Harbeth speakers. Mike recommends that combo too. I think I read he owns the Luxman 509x. Can't recall if he has Harbeths as personal speakers. I think he does. You out there, Mike?
    I am very interested in Mike's opinion on this too. He has both Luxman and Gryphon lines

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, Iím at B&W training this week in Boston and itís chalked full of content.

For Harbethís, I absolutely love the Luxman 509x. On this pairing, I give the edge to Luxman. But on other speakers, I give the edge to the Diablo 120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast