Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New Brinkmann Oasis is in

Was thinking to get either AMG or Oasis or Bardo and finally pulled the trigger on Oasis with 10.5 arm.

So far loving it . Any one else has them ? If so when you flip the disc do you shut the power off and unscrew the clamp or do it while it’s spinning ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Re: New Brinkmann Oasis is in

Lovely table - congrats

First up, listen to some records with and without the record clamp. If you prefer without, you save yourself a lot of trouble of switching off and on the table while you unscrew and screw.

cheers
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Lovely table - congrats

First up, listen to some records with and without the record clamp. If you prefer without, you save yourself a lot of trouble of switching off and on the table while you unscrew and screw.

cheers
    Brinkmann's clamp is an integrated part of its platter system - its not an option. Yes, you need to power down and unscrew while flipping or putting on a new record - make it thumb tight

Congrats on the new table Paul! I have the Bardo as you know which is basically a plinthless Oasis. The 10.5 is such an easy to use tonearm as well.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Gorgeous turntable ...... enjoy Paul!
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Brinkmann's clamp is an integrated part of its platter system - its not an option. Yes, you need to power down and unscrew while flipping or putting on a new record - make it thumb tight

Congrats on the new table Paul! I have the Bardo as you know which is basically a plinthless Oasis. The 10.5 is such an easy to use tonearm as well.
    Yes it’s an excellent table. I did tried with other clamp without those small ring. It worked fine and I found it interesting the sounds was way different than original clamp.

However do I have to wait till stop ( will take forever sigh )or just force it stop by your hand and changing it ?

Paul

About the platter system:

The platter mat covers the record-groove area, leaving an indentation for the label, which allows a perfectly flat record to lie flat without clamping. The platter has a recess around the spindle that accepts a removable spindle insert, included with the record-clamp option. This raises the label area and allows the clamp to leverage down the rim of the record more effectively.

So yes, take the spindle insert out if trying something else.

As far as use, I give a very slight shove after turning on and slow down the platter with my hand after turning off. It’s German - you won’t break it

Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Excellent. Good to know. Thanks Keith

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post

You can't remove the washer? I know with the Monaco table, it had a similar washer on the spindle - but you could remove it if you wanted to.
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    You can't remove the washer? I know with the Monaco table, it had a similar washer on the spindle - but you could remove it if you wanted to.
    Yes , you can which I did with another clamp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yes , you can which I did with another clamp

perfect thanks. you can try with and without clamps if you want to

cheers

Nice looking table Paul, enjoy
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Congrats! Beautiful table. How is it comparing to the Sparta?
    Industry Disclosure: Owner Epiphanic Audio. Bespoke 2 channel resource in Virginia Beach VA. Dealer for darTZeel and other great brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
    Congrats! Beautiful table. How is it comparing to the Sparta?
    Thanks. To my ears I preferred the Oasis over Sparta. The Oasis has more dynamic and lively music vs any other tables I had. .

Paul

Fantastic turntable ... I own one too with 10.5 arm and Brinkmann EMT ti cartridge and like you say lots of punch and dynamics. I usually use the microfiber cloth to stop the platter by hand and give it a little spin to get it started.

Good choice and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphio View Post
    Fantastic turntable ... I own one too with 10.5 arm and Brinkmann EMT ti cartridge and like you say lots of punch and dynamics. I usually use the microfiber cloth to stop the platter by hand and give it a little spin to get it started.

Good choice and enjoy
    Hi, Thanks for chime in. Great to hear from another owner New Brinkmann Oasis is in I was looking to buy the EMT ti Cart but I heard they are discontinued... How you like the sound ? I might have to buy just reg EMT

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Was thinking to get either AMG or Oasis or Bardo and finally pulled the trigger on Oasis with 10.5 arm.

So far loving it . Any one else has them ? If so when you flip the disc do you shut the power off and unscrew the clamp or do it while it’s spinning ?

Hi Paul,

Congrats on a beautiful looking table!
    I'm curious to know what made you decide to go with the Oasis vs the AMG? I ask as I've heard the AMG and really thought it did a great job, but I have never heard the Oasis.

Thanks much,
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post
    Hi Paul,

Congrats on a beautiful looking table!
    I'm curious to know what made you decide to go with the Oasis vs the AMG? I ask as I've heard the AMG and really thought it did a great job, but I have never heard the Oasis.

Thanks much,
    Don
    Hi Don.

They both amazing turntables. Very similar sound as well. However the best analog set up I ever listened to was based on Brinkmann and that was the main reason. I don’t think you can’t go wrong with either AMG or Brinkmann. Superb engineering and best build quality.
    Paul

Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve heard the Balance and the AMG V12 and enjoyed both tables... both of which being belt driven. Never heard the Direct Drive Oasis and was curious as to if it had a different presentation.
    Thanks again,
    Don

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team