Soulution Preamp with Non Soulution Amp - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soulution Preamp with Non Soulution Amp

Klaus would normally bias it based on a conversation with you and voltage reading from your house, but of course you don’t know whether it was correct for you until you heard it in your system. (Plus you may have changed components). Point being, there is always the option to re-bias to push your happy button.

Note: he is so busy, getting re-biased can take forever. I just bought a pair of used mono Khartago/Kismet he told me not to bother to send in for biasing as they would just sit on a shelf for a couple months.

My thought would be to be to call him for advice. (Evening is best) with his permission, re-bias them yourself or have someone local do it for you.

Whatever you decide, good luck in your pursuit. Happy listening!

James

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soulution Preamp with Non Soulution Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Dishman442 View Post
    Klaus would normally bias it based on a conversation with you and voltage reading from your house, but of course you don’t know whether it was correct for you until you heard it in your system. (Plus you may have changed components). Point being, there is always the option to re-bias to push your happy button.

Note: he is so busy, getting re-biased can take forever. I just bought a pair of used mono Khartago/Kismet he told me not to bother to send in for biasing as they would just sit on a shelf for a couple months.

My thought would be to be to call him for advice. (Evening is best) with his permission, re-bias them yourself or have someone local do it for you.

Whatever you decide, good luck in your pursuit. Happy listening!

James
    thanks, yep, we went through the process before the build. i took measurements for about a month and found my median and average to be roughly 124v
    there's really nothing wrong with the sound - just that i'm always slightly curious about upgrading and what possible amps would pair nicely. you know how it goes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2