ATE-2001 Pre & ATM300 30th Anniversary Edition
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the above combo a good match?

Speakers to go with (since its only 9W per channel) would be the Avantgarde Uno or Duo Mezzo XD's.

Any advise or opinions are welcome as source for reference and considerations.

Cheers!

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Seh View Post
    Is the above combo a good match?

Speakers to go with (since its only 9W per channel) would be the Avantgarde Uno or Duo Mezzo XD's.

Any advise or opinions are welcome as source for reference and considerations.

Cheers!
    No. The ATM 300 I tried was too noisy for AG and it’s thin sounding IMO. Jerry, take a look at something 300b that’s quiet. Or, a PP amp like the VAC 200iQ and a VAC preamp. The other awesome match is the new ARC REF160M’s in Triode mode with a REF10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ATE-2001 Pre & ATM300 30th Anniversary Edition

Thanks Mike ... In short, Air Tight not a good match for Avantgardes. Point noted. This is an alternative to the full Kondo setup I have in mind. Guess I have to "thrash" this idea and continue to save!

4. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an AirTight 300L Anniversary Editon driving Devore 0/96. Using an Accuphase C-3850 Line Stage. Sounds Awesome. Will be adding the new ATC-5 preamp in the fall.
    Accuphase A-70 Class Amp/Accuphase C-3850 Line Stage, Accuphase DP550 SACD, Airtight 300L Amp, Soulution 750 Phono, Transrotor Rondino TT, Graham Phantom II, Airtight PC1-S cartridge, Nordost TYR 2 speaker cables, Nordost/Shunyata PC. Bluesound Streamer, Nagra HD DAC and MPS, Devore 0/96 and Piega 311 Speakers. Shunyata V3 and Denali 2000, Nordost Q-Base II, Equitech Transformer.

6. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jerry,

I have a Dartzeel Pre and Air Tight 300b Anniversary driving Uno XD’s. My experience has been different than Mikes. Uber quite engaging sound highlighting the AG’s strong features while remaining neutral and emotionally engaging.
    I also think the AG’s sound great with SS amps like Pass XA25, Dartzeel etc. Great speakers that do well with quality amplification .
    Avantgarde,Air Tight,AMG,Studer,DeHaviland,Shindo,Kubala Sosna

9. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
    Hi Jerry,

I have a Dartzeel Pre and Air Tight 300b Anniversary driving Uno XD’s. My experience has been different than Mikes. Uber quite engaging sound highlighting the AG’s strong features while remaining neutral and emotionally engaging.
    I also think the AG’s sound great with SS amps like Pass XA25, Dartzeel etc. Great speakers that do well with quality amplification .
    You have a Uno XD right ?

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You have a Uno XD right ?

Hi Paul,

Nope I don't have an UNO XD. Used to have Mezzo G2 with Avantgarde's Pre/power. Just that I was thinking of this when I heard the newer Mezzo XD and the 'old familiar feelings" came back. Of course, the sound is now more refined, palatable and refine. I am now used to playing the Devialet Phantoms, so anything that's better (and a plenty out there) would be things I would desire. For now, apart from being tempted, I never put a finger to the wallet cause I have other plans to make. Bottom line, be happy. For now .....

Cheers