Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Florida Audio Expo

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Sorry, not sure why the site rotated them! I can't figure out how to fix!
    Have the same issue. Wish I could figure out how to correct it. I gave up on posting pics.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Suggestion. Please start a new thread for show coverage. This one is already 11 pages of anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    Have the same issue. Wish I could figure out how to correct it. I gave up on posting pics.
    Hi, Open your Files in whatever App you have to view them /etc.

If they are sideways then-- rotate 90% to correct viewing-- then SAVE AS with an added number or word--i.e 1 or V1, V2 /etc.

If they are CORRECT way --save as with number /word as above.

Close and save as this.

You will have 2 versions then of course-- use the SAVED AS one--you can delete the original is you wish.

Upload on site using "insert Image" in menu bar.

Bruce

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Joe are you on your way down today?
    I’d love to be there. Sadly no.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I’d love to be there. Sadly no.
    Same here Joe, we are up in Gilbert SC looking at lake front property.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Dang it! I was wanting to go to this (as I've NEVER been to any audio show before), and it was held just 40 miles away from me.

We had just got back the night before from Beaufort/Parris Island, SC for our son's graduation from boot camp and were beat. On top of that, our son was going out first thing Saturday morning for his 7 mile run, but opened the door of our 3rd floor apartment only to find a young kitty standing at our door. Long story short, we had a busy weekend with little rest, and never got a chance or the time to go to the expo.

Missing this show really upsets me, and the fact that Michael Fremer (who I would love to meet) was there makes missing this show even worse. In fact, I'm watching is video coverage of the show right now, and have to say, the audio absolutely stinks! You can't hear anything other than his voice and that's it.

But, on the plus side of things, we do have a new kitty in the family!
    Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

Amazing what the organizers and promo folks pulled off! I was not there, but read about it. Amazing job! I don't know how they did it without charging admission fee either. That in itself is incredible.
    Sadly, no more west coast shows after being handed over to someone who hates the industry and screwed over many (not solely that person either). JVS's article (whom I almost never agree with about anything) regarding shows was I admit, spot on in this case.
    Now they just need to have the shows geared more towards manufactures than dealers.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophobiac View Post
    Amazing what the organizers and promo folks pulled off! I was not there, but read about it. Amazing job! I don't know how they did it without charging admission fee either. That in itself is incredible.
    Sadly, no more west coast shows after being handed over to someone who hates the industry and screwed over many (not solely that person either). JVS's article (whom I almost never agree with about anything) regarding shows was I admit, spot on in this case.
    Now they just need to have the shows geared more towards manufactures than dealers.
    We had an amazing team and with all our experiences, some real out of the box thinking which resulted in a very diverse demographic - which was our goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We had an amazing team and with all our experiences, some real out of the box thinking which resulted in a very diverse demographic - which was our goal.

We could use that on the west coast, but won't happen. Audio is dead on the west coast which ironically used to be the heartland of audio and all it took was one sociopath and some politics to close and seal the coffin, which shows the weak status it is all in. For a group of inexperienced folks as claimed to even pull a percentage of this off as you did speaks to the rest! It shows what can be accomplished when reasonable heads prevail, everyone works towards a common goal and politics stays out.
    I'd love to see a real audio trade show with mostly manufactures and a smattering of dealers on the west coast, but not holding my breath as it can not even be discussed much less planned about anymore.
    I hope this new show continues in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophobiac View Post
    We could use that on the west coast, but won't happen. Audio is dead on the west coast which ironically used to be the heartland of audio and all it took was one sociopath and some politics to close and seal the coffin, which shows the weak status it is all in.
    Can you elaborate more? I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

+10 On that ..!

It was well organized Mike , you and the team did a great job to pull this off , Im sure many cant wait for 2020 ...

Regards

Audioshark
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Bart and I have our day in the sun...

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/...le-you-decide/

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/...low-your-horn/

Thanks again to all who attended the show, let's do again next year.

Great event, great team. Here is the best of show posting from part time audiophile.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/...w-and-wrap-up/

Congrats!
    Aurender > Weiss > Audio Research > SoundField
    Oppo > Lexicon > Hegel > SoundField

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Florida Audio Expo