Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Florida Audio Expo

Mike I would love to organize a GTG. If you will send me a PM of your recommended eating establishments in the area I will make the arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’m a little busy with the show. You want to organize?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Do we have a list of rooms and which vendors are in which rooms? I looked on the website but did not notice the rooms/layout information.

Audioshark

I predict we will be sold out by COB tomorrow. Amazing.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I predict we will be sold out by COB tomorrow. Amazing.
    Well there's always corn on the cob if that happens.

p.s. I just figured out what COB is

Ladies and gents, we're going to have a nice show, see you all there!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post

AJ - Just did a quick scan of the list. You guys have done a fantastic job getting this many rooms booked with terrific manufacturers and dealers. Congrats!

Looking forward to the Expo!

PS - Weather in Tampa is fabulous at this time of the year: today, it was sunny and 60; tomorrow, 72 and sunny.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Someone mention corn on the cob? Bring the toothpicks.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post

Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Sigh.

Wish I could make it...
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Thx AJ.

One more suggestion. Can you add the time on the front page right under the date? I know that information is listed under Attend --> Schedule & FAQ but I think it should be on the front page and easy to find

my wife wanted to go to an all inclusive resort in Mexico for some R&R sometime next month.. quick googling told me the Florida Audio Expo is happening. I think I could convince her to go to Florida instead if I could get her in a hotel on the beach (or close enough to the beach) and reasonably close to where the audio show is happening.

any hotel recommendation? We might stay in the area for a week, either Feb 5-12 or 6-13.

thanks,
    Fernando

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by dimfer View Post
    my wife wanted to go to an all inclusive resort in Mexico for some R&R sometime next month.. quick googling told me the Florida Audio Expo is happening. I think I could convince her to go to Florida instead if I could get her in a hotel on the beach (or close enough to the beach) and reasonably close to where the audio show is happening.

any hotel recommendation? We might stay in the area for a week, either Feb 5-12 or 6-13.

thanks,
    Fernando
    The website, www.floridaaudioexpo.com is a good place to start. Hotel options near the show are listed.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

For those of you still thinking about it, Tampa’s temperature next week will be in tthe 70’s; can’t say that about the Midwest or the Northeast. So, come on down!

Mike

I wish!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Pfft and give up -29 deg actual temps! Hell no Florida Audio Expo

Main:
    Room: Dedicated 25 x 14 x 8 treated room | Computers (headless in utility room): Wkst #1 Ubuntu running lifetime ROON server. High end wkst #2 High end wkst running HQE image | Network rack (in utility room): Managed Fiber Switch, QNAP NAS | Endpoint: Fiber to SONORE OpticalRendu w/ LPS, Sbooster USB vbus2 |DAC: Lampi Lite7, Holo Audio S3 KTE, Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic | Pre: Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre | Amps: Pass XA100.5 Mono's | Speakers: Revel Ultima Studio2 (Townshend seismic posiums) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs | Isolation: Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs | Cables: Wireworld Platinum USB / Analysis Plus PC / Gotham 4/4 XLR / AQ spkr / Revelation audiolabs I2s | Server Streamer: Aqua LinQ using HQP modules > I2s to Aqua La Scala

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

Wimp!!!

Its often -70C in WINTERPEG, Manitoba every year. I recall the then pope visiting Canada and met then PM Mulroney and First Nation people in Northern Quebec (1985). With Chill factor, it was -85C. I sat in my warm Montreal living room watching on TV. It was only -25C in Montreal...positively balmy in comparison. Hehehe
    NORMAN

That’s crazy, deadly even.

Windchills are -56 this AM and I just don’t remember this kind of weather, ridiculous. But Friday back to 37 above

Main:
    Room: Dedicated 25 x 14 x 8 treated room | Computers (headless in utility room): Wkst #1 Ubuntu running lifetime ROON server. High end wkst #2 High end wkst running HQE image | Network rack (in utility room): Managed Fiber Switch, QNAP NAS | Endpoint: Fiber to SONORE OpticalRendu w/ LPS, Sbooster USB vbus2 |DAC: Lampi Lite7, Holo Audio S3 KTE, Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic | Pre: Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre | Amps: Pass XA100.5 Mono's | Speakers: Revel Ultima Studio2 (Townshend seismic posiums) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs | Isolation: Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs | Cables: Wireworld Platinum USB / Analysis Plus PC / Gotham 4/4 XLR / AQ spkr / Revelation audiolabs I2s | Server Streamer: Aqua LinQ using HQP modules > I2s to Aqua La Scala

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

Audioshark

Weather is looking good for next week...

LoL

Mike, nobody likes a showoff!
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Swisstrips View Post
    That’s crazy, deadly even.

Windchills are -56 this AM and I just don’t remember this kind of weather, ridiculous. But Friday back to 37 above

Pretty sure you will be seeing the "polar bear" types out jogging bareback at that temp! It will feel positively balmy to them.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by dimfer View Post
    ...if I could get her in a hotel on the beach (or close enough to the beach) and reasonably close to where the audio show is happening...

thanks,
    Fernando
    There are two beach options...

-Ben T. Davis Beach... A small beach (more shells than sand) on the Intracoastal Waterway, along the causeway between Tampa and Clearwater. It's closer to the show venue, with many nearby hotel options, but usually crowded with reunions and weekend party-ers. Doesn't offer the "full" beach experience.

-Clearwater Beach... The "real deal" Beach on the Gulf of Mexico, but about 30-45 mins from the show venue (depending upon traffic). Tons of hotels/motels in that area. That's more in line with what she'd like. If you rent a car, you could stay at (or close to) Clearwater Beach, and drive to the show venue.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo 205 > Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > Martin Logan Expression 13A's and two ML BF210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's & speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Triode Wire Labs is very pleased to be featuring our cable looms in 3 rooms at the Florida Audio Expo. We'll be in Room 403 with BorderPatrol Tube Audio Electronics and Volti Audio. We will have a new Innuos Zenith Mk. 3 server coupled to the controversial BorderPatrol DAC! We'll also be partnering with Tortuga Audio in Room 308 and we'll be in Room 416 with Hugh N. from Angel City Audio!

Hoping to see many of you there! Looking forward to some warmer weather & sweet tunes!

Cheers,
    Pete
    Triode Pete

Triode Wire Labs, Inc.
    Affordable Audiophile Cables
    http://www.TriodeWireLabs.com

Audioshark

The show starts one week from today!!

Sold out in our first year. We could have easily sold another 20-30 rooms if we had them!

Exciting stuff. Looking forward to seeing all those who will be attending.

www.floridaaudioexpo.com

Proves audio aint dead!
    NORMAN

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Proves audio aint dead!
    It’s only the old curmudgeons who say that. Make one trip to Munich and you’ll see how alive it is.

I know Mike. In ZRH and even Warsaw, one will see young families pushing babies in strollers at shows!
    NORMAN

Maybe it's the the old curmudgeons that are almost dead, not audio?

Wisnon, come next year and we'll put Mr Wayne in a stroller, push him around show, make it seem young kids here are into it also.

Uh oh, I think you have just called him out of retirement!
    NORMAN

See you all soon!
    Founder: AVShowrooms featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Coincident Speaker Technology- TAS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phase: Bugatti of Audio.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Uh oh, I think you have just called him out of retirement!
    He’s not retired. We spoke the other day. He’s been slammed with his design work (not in audio).

He’s not retired. We spoke the other day. He’s been slammed with his design work (not in audio).

LoL

I meant forum retirement.

Yes, I know of the non audio stuff.
    NORMAN

Audioshark

Mike will you be handing out sun screen for all us coming down from the frigid north?
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Mike will you be handing out sun screen for all us coming down from the frigid north?
    Yes.

Looking forward to the show and getting out of Upstate NY's chilly weather.
    Paul

Main Stereo System:

Harbeth 40.3 HD, Jay's CDT3 MK3, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Aurender N20, Luxman M900 & C900 , (2) JL f113, Shunyata Denali 6000v2 Power Conditioner, Altaira, AZ Cables, Stillpoints & Symposium shelves under everything.

Theater System:
    JVC RS400 projector, 130" Stewart screen, Oppo 105D, Audio Physic Classic speakers, REL 3D subs, MC8207 MX136, Synergistic Research Powercell, AZ interconnects, speaker cables and PC's.

Audioshark

Audioshark

Florida Audio Expo

Nice, Mike! This is very close to what I’m thinking if I were to go AG route.

Regrettably I won’t make it this time.

Sweet display, Mike! Digging the banners.

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Looking great Mike! Should be a fun weekend in Sunny, Warm and Musical Tampa/Gulf Coast Florida.

Mike

Damn, that was fast! (Working guy envy )
    Looking good

Super Moderator

Mike and Suncoast Audio don’t mess around. Top notch all the way. Good luck Mike. Have a little fun at the show.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe are you on your way down today?

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Mike and Suncoast Audio don’t mess around. Top notch all the way. Good luck Mike. Have a little fun at the show.
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Audioshark

Suncoast Audio Room 2 sounding good!

Arrived to a balmy sunny 81 in Tampa. Looking forward to a great show.
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Audioshark

If the banners are any indication, this is going to be a fantastic show!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo 205 > Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > Martin Logan Expression 13A's and two ML BF210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's & speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Sorry, not sure why the site rotated them! I can't figure out how to fix!

Have fun guys! Wish I could be there.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Attached Images Attached Images

Looking forward to tomorrow, hope to to meet some forum members.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Florida Audio Expo