Atacama or Quadraspire bamboo racks? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Atacama or Quadraspire bamboo racks?

I need shelves for five items plus space for the Sbooster and Rothwell Rialto.
    I don't want the rack to be too low or high: Too low where I have to bend to place records on the turntable and too high where the turntable is above the windowsill.
    At the moment I need shelves for six items but one of those items is a Sony MDS-JB920 minidisc player/recorder which I have not used in years, so really I'm only looking at five.
    I will eventually get rid of the cd player so that will be another shelf not needed.
    At the moment I have two 4 shelf Soundstyle hifi racks.
    I'm thinking of doing the same, but I'm also thinking of getting the AV rack (Grand Stand XL) instead. Something to think about.
    I like the look of this design from Hifiracks.co.uk:

http://www.hifiracks.co.uk/products/...ks/Grand-Stand
    Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; Roksan Caspian CD Player; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Rothwell Rialto; Lumin D1 with Sbooster; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Dummies View Post
    Would you say bamboo and wood are about the same in their performance?
    Bamboo is very strong. I have never ‘heard’ it. Naturally sourced so I think it will be very similar to wood with its presentation.

3. Thanks Showroom Dummies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Slovakian brand Neo like model Quattron

Marcin

Post Thanks / Like

I think i will be getting one from hifiracks.co.uk that will look like this, but with a plinth added to the top for my turntable:

Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; Roksan Caspian CD Player; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Rothwell Rialto; Lumin D1 with Sbooster; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

6. Likes SoundRebels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what to do.

I've been in contact with a lady from Hifiracks via email (I don't know how knowledgeable she is about the finer details) and from what I can make out, they don't test their racks and if they don't test their racks how do they know their racks do the job of getting rid of vibrations?
    I know Whathifi? have good reviews but I don't really rate them.

I'm most probably thinking too much into it, but I want to know that a rack is doing what it is meant to be doing, especially when spending over £800!

I'm now thinking of getting the Quadraspire SVT with bamboo shelves even though it's more expensive.
    From what I've read, they test their racks.

I also like the look of the Atacama Eris Eco 5.0 but not sure how good they are.

I'm going to have think about it especially as I was put off of by the look of the SVT. I've read that pictures don't do them justice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quadraspire X-Reference rack is gorgeous.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Quadraspire X-Reference rack is gorgeous.

Very expensive though.

Post Thanks / Like

Found out Hifiracks do test their racks so that's good news.
    I am now thinking about the Quadraspire SVT.

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered the Hifiracks Podium Reference rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2