Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Ansuz Darkz DTC

Ansuz Darkz DTC

I recently acquired Ansuz’s take on mechanical grounding, their flagship the Darkz DTC.

Ansuz Acoustics, a company I was not familiar with all that long ago, now is becoming a fixed staple in my setup sharing the pedestal with Nordost’s Reference and QRT products. Breaking the mindset of the single brand loom, the match between these two brands is phenomenal!

With much debate, I held tight on whether to replace the spikes on my Wilson Alexia’s with Stillpoint 5’s and not because Stillpoints don’t make great products, I own several but just wanted to stay OEM.

So tonight holding a few options in the “how to improve my system with what I have mindset”, I decided to shake things up and revisit the spikes by repurposing the Darkz DTC used to float my DAC and Aurender placing them under my speakers. I placed the Stillpoints Ultra SS under the DAC and Aurender for the time being.

This 30 minute job completely changed the sound emitting from the speakers and I am not believing what is protruding from the same system; these mechanical devices are making everything sound more open and natural, the dynamic range is better defined with a tighter punch.

I love most music, and demoed a few tunes before calling it a night.

Symphony for The Devil - Rolling Stones FLAC 24/192

The master recording isn’t one of the best, but I know what I am looking for so it serves its purpose.

Opening chatter is clear, congo’s very defined from the right speaker and the piano weighted as it decays

Jagger is front and center, piano right, bass left

After a “oh yeah, get down heavy”, Keith rips out one of the most memorable chops in classic rock, one your strumming air guitar to.

Next up, country legend, Willie Nelson, playing Good Times 16/44

Great song about life and a very good recording. Willie is front and center with his voice perfectly weighted. His acoustic guitar plays with a purpose as the sound from the plucking of the strings being played brings on that cool liquid feel. The bass has a nice rounded defined low, in step.

Leonard Cohen - You Want it Darker FLAC 24/44.1

Leonard’s last album before his passing. The opening track, You want it Darker is a great track, some perceive it as dark, I believe it and the album is life.

I first heard this in the Nordost room at RMAF, and fell in love with the punch of the bass and his in your face lyrics. Since RMAF, I have duplicated the punchy bass sound, then made a change losing it, got it back, then partially lost it. With the Darkz DTC it’s back with full clear slam making it better than previous achievements.

In short, many say mechanical grounding should begin with the speakers, and based on my experience, it worked in my environment. Mechanical coupled with electrical grounding, and power distribution makes big differences and allows the hobbyist options not to go bonkers on components - the Darkz are a recommended buy and also have two lines below the DTC addressing budgets.

Hope this helps someone out there. Happy Listening!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Re: Ansuz Darkz DTC

I couldn't agree more, these little things makes magic in my system as well. I just described it on a Swedish forum the other day, as I've replaced my whole system recently I just connected everything somewhat temporary without paying attention to the Darkz. It's difficult to describe in words I think, but when I finally put the Darkz in it was like everything fell into place again. The bass and the punchiness as you're describing, everything is just more clear, spot on and relaxed. I only got Diamonds under my speakers unfortunately, but the rest is D-TC.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

I heard the same thing after demoing the D2.1's with and without the optional diamond feet. I'm thankful the feet are interchangeable between the D2.1 and the D3.1's.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Did you find equipments under which the Darkz D-TC misbehave? They don't seem to mate well with my tX-USBultra... I'm losing significant bass and mid-bass!
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Darkz DTC