AMP8 - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: AMP8

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMP8

Yes Joe, it is fantastic. T+A is very impressive gear! Very happy where I am at. The SET amps for when I want some toobs... and the great T+A, which might become my main stay amp... so so good with the Stage 2!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Music Server; Microsoft Surface Pro 6; Roon & HQPlayer Software; W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; McIntosh MR7083; Astell&Kern AK240; Audeze LCD-i4; Burmester Car Audio System

2. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The T+A definitely won out. So much so that I sold the Audio Mirrors. The more I listen the more I did not want to listen to the tubes. The T+A is amazing sounding amp and the bottom end was sooo much better then the Tubes.... incredible sound stage and very inviting sounding, very musical in every way... all in all, after I finally got over the feeling that it can't be great because it is small, I have came to realize that this may very well be the best sounding amplifier I have ever owned! Such an amazing little amplifier!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Music Server; Microsoft Surface Pro 6; Roon & HQPlayer Software; W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; McIntosh MR7083; Astell&Kern AK240; Audeze LCD-i4; Burmester Car Audio System

4. Likes soastrup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hosted our audio club meeting last weekend. This steller little amp played all day, at fairly high levels. The audio club guys definitely like to get a little volume behind things. It was an absolute champ all day. Never once did I detect any kind of clipping no matter how hard they pushed it.

The club came away impressed with the wonderful T+A gear. Our one member who writes for Stereophile was very impressed. He stated that the synergy between the Stage 2 and the T+A was amazing. He had wrote a review of the DAC a while back but never had heard the amp before. He stated that he was shocked at how good it is!

At this point I can definitely state that the T+A Amp 8 is the finest amplifier I have ever owned. Unless I can ever afford an amp at many times the price I simply cannot imagine finding a better sounding amplifier! I am very happy I stuck it out with the T+A until it was fully broken in. It accomplished something that I had thought would not be possible; it won out over the SET mono amplifiers!

6. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8