Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The new Naim SUPERNAIT 2 ....

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Doug,

That's a beautiful photo. I know now I made the right choice.
    Joe. I guarantee them somehow if it doesn't meet your expectation please let me know I can always use them as my second system.
    Paul

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    Joe. I guarantee them somehow if it doesn't meet your expectation please let me know I can always use them as my second system.
    Hi Paul,

We'll talk Mr. Speaker Whisperer.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Box speakers RULE !!!
    Best pot plant holders ever!!!

Doug,

That's a beautiful photo. I know now I made the right choice.
    You sure did. The Rosewood is gorgeous. So will Paul be delivering them to you? He has lots of experience moving big, boxy speakers.
    Doug

Super Moderator

He's bringing the Tannoy and will take the 40.1's home. Even exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    You sure did. The Rosewood is gorgeous. So will Paul be delivering them to you? He has lots of experience moving big, boxy speakers.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Today's the day Joe.

Any idea on how long this takes to settle in? The nice thing about it is that you can leave it on all the time if you want to. A pic or two would be nice, along with the power unit.
    Doug

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Exciting times Joe
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Super Moderator

FedEx just showed up. OMG!

NAD C 658 streamer.

FedEx just showed up. OMG!
    I can't speak for others Joe but I've missed your gear buying habits mainly because the enjoyment you get from it is so infectious.

(it's like a virus that won't go away...)
    Doug

Super Moderator

Thanks Doug. I'm back however in a smaller way. I'll post a photo soon but this thing makes me want to tap my toes. Full and meaty sound. Fills the room. It needs a serious break in but it's wonderful. Holy cow! I love it already.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Paul

Thanks Doug. I'm back however in a smaller way. I'll post a photo soon but this thing makes me want to tap my toes. Full and meaty sound. Fills the room. It needs a serious break in but it's wonderful. Holy cow! I love it already.
    Suh-weet!

Allen

Super Moderator

What a fun integrated.

I have big smile on my face.

Paul, I bet this on the Tannoy might be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Suh-weet!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Congrats Joe
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Super Moderator

Thanks Mark!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Jock,

You nailed it. I am in awe! I finally am able to hear the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I'll bet it will sound amazing with your TAD's

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hey Joe.......not much luv for a chrome version at the Naim forum.

I would go for it if they had this option.

Naim in Chrome.png

Super Moderator

That looks AWESOME! I saw your avatar and wondered what that was, very nice.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe or Sean.......since theSupernait 2 doesn't have any vent holes for ventilation....does it get overly warm? How about the HiCap 2 PS?

As much as I despise an all black component..... the Naim is still on my list.

Super Moderator

Mine seems to stay cool to the touch. Have not felt any heat.

Ps My friend in PA got his SN2 today and loves it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Mine seems to stay cool to the touch. Have not felt any heat.

Ps My friend in PA got his SN2 today and loves it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi Joe,

Any updates, expansions or revisions of your thoughts on the SuperNat2?

What does the HiCap 2 bring to the party?

I am hearing lots of nice things about this integrated...

Cheers
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Super Moderator

Hi,

My honest opinion is that the SN2 could be the most musical solid state amp I've heard. It makes you forget about all those audiophile attributes and just enjoy the music. I do think finding the right balance system-wise is important. The SN2 is a fuller and somewhat heavier sound which I love depending on speaker choice.

The power supply, I feel, is important. It brings more of that clarity, tighter bass, more detail, better dynamics, natural voices, better soundstage and PRaT that we all talk about. I bought the TeddyCap for my friend and I got the HiCap-DR. I feel the TeddyCap is just as good (or better) for less money.

I love my Naim and will not give it up.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Sorry for the delay - I have similar experience to Joe. No ventilation (that I see) and the chassis never runs hot. Cooler than my previous Bryston 4B SST2, which means just a little warm.

Something to note, I use the Naim NAC A5 speaker wire, as directed by Naim. I hear running 3rd party speaker cables can cause the amp to run warmer if they aren't designed similar enough to Naim speaker cables.

Quote Originally Posted by 'cisco View Post
    Joe or Sean.......since theSupernait 2 doesn't have any vent holes for ventilation....does it get overly warm? How about the HiCap 2 PS?

As much as I despise an all black component..... the Naim is still on my list.
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Hi,

My honest opinion is that the SN2 could be the most musical solid state amp I've heard. It makes you forget about all those audiophile attributes and just enjoy the music. I do think finding the right balance system-wise is important. The SN2 is a fuller and somewhat heavier sound which I love depending on speaker choice.

The power supply, I feel, is important. It brings more of that clarity, tighter bass, more detail, better dynamics, natural voices, better soundstage and PRaT that we all talk about. I bought the TeddyCap for my friend and I got the HiCap-DR. I feel the TeddyCap is just as good (or better) for less money.

I love my Naim and will not give it up.
    Joe, very interesting. I have been researching this notion after Elberoth (Adam) recommended them. Joe, are using RCA to DIN ICs?
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Joe.....thanks for the TeddyCap option. That could be a very big saving and you don't lose anything in the sound.

Sean..... thanks for your reply on the non-heat issue. Even my Monster power conditioner doesn't have any vents but it does get a little warm. It has to be the ambient temp in Hawaii.

Anytime. Also, just an FYI - Naim does not always play well with conditioners. Some reports show compression of dynamics and slowing of the coined 'PRaT.' I believe non-conditioning power 'distributors' are what you would want to try, if anything. I have mine going straight to the wall. But I believe Jock had success with Shunyata. Maybe the Cyclops? Something that doesn't restrict the flow of high current.

Quote Originally Posted by 'cisco View Post
    Joe.....thanks for the TeddyCap option. That could be a very big saving and you don't lose anything in the sound.

Sean..... thanks for your reply on the non-heat issue. Even my Monster power conditioner doesn't have any vents but it does get a little warm. It has to be the ambient temp in Hawaii.
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Anytime. Also, just an FYI - Naim does not always play well with conditioners. Some reports show compression of dynamics and slowing of the coined 'PRaT.' I believe non-conditioning power 'distributors' are what you would want to try, if anything. I have mine going straight to the wall. But I believe Jock had success with Shunyata. Maybe the Cyclops? Something that doesn't restrict the flow of high current.
    We must be thinking alike......I was considering replacing the Monster with Shunyata's VENOM PS8 or PS Audio's Dectet.

Super Moderator

Hi Sean

When I ordered the TeddyCap for my friend, I only had to order one additional cable like the Naim HICap needed. Total delivered was $621 vs around 2K for the Naim unit. I have no Din sources so both my sources are hooked up via RCA. I'm not worried about it. I'm sure that the Din connection is better and someday I'll have a Naim source.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Dang, Joe, that sounds like a steal for the Teddy Cap!

I hear ya, Joe. If you ever get curious, check out Chord Company. They make an RCA (from your Lumin) to DIN (to SN2) cable. I read from the Naim forum that any way you can use DIN is preferred. I have not compared, though. I'm sure your RCAs are just fine.

Hi Sean

When I ordered the TeddyCap for my friend, I only had to order one additional cable like the Naim HICap needed. Total delivered was $621 vs around 2K for the Naim unit. I have no Din sources so both my sources are hooked up via RCA. I'm not worried about it. I'm sure that the Din connection is better and someday I'll have a Naim source.
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Any particular source you are looking at? I 'think' Jock sold off his NDS?

I am intrigued by the DAC V1.
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Super Moderator

Awesome !!! Thank you for the link.

I'll definitely check them out. Seriously I don't think you are losing anything getting the TeddyCap for the unit. My dealer got me everything in two days. I could not say no.

Dang, Joe, that sounds like a steal for the Teddy Cap!

I hear ya, Joe. If you ever get curious, check out Chord Company. They make an RCA (from your Lumin) to DIN (to SN2) cable. I read from the Naim forum that any way you can use DIN is preferred. I have not compared, though. I'm sure your RCAs are just fine.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Any particular source you are looking at? I 'think' Jock sold off his NDS?

I am intrigued by the DAC V1.
    It's funny but that's the one I am looking at, the NDS, but with the 555PS-DR will have to wait a while. the NDX was another option recommended to me. I am so confused.

NAD C 658 streamer.

You and me both, brother.

The NDX is supposed to be a great match with the SN2, so I read.

Confused or not, at least we're having fun, right?

It's funny but that's the one I am looking at, the NDS, but with the 555PS-DR will have to wait a while. the NDX was another option recommended to me. I am so confused.
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Super Moderator

You and me both, brother.

The NDX is supposed to be a great match with the SN2, so I read.

Confused or not, at least we're having fun, right?
    I do know that Naim plays better with Naim. And YES! we are having fun.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Which CD player from the Naim range (nice to see they still offer them) is ideal for the SuperNat2?

Thanks
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Super Moderator

I truly believe that the SN2 is so good that the sky is the limit and the better the unit with its companion power supply will make a difference. I will ask my dealer and see what he says.

I was already recommended the top of the line NDS and 555PS-DR for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Which CD player from the Naim range (nice to see they still offer them) is ideal for the SuperNat2?

Thanks

NAD C 658 streamer.

I truly believe that the SN2 is so good that the sky is the limit and the better the unit with its companion power supply will make a difference. I will ask my dealer and see what he says.

I was already recommended the top of the line NDS and 555PS-DR for myself.

Thanks very much Joe. I look forward to learning of your dealers input as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The new Naim SUPERNAIT 2 ....