MBL 101e MK2 - Page 11
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: MBL 101e MK2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MBL 101e MK2

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    I stopped by at the Singapore distributor yesterday for a listen. Every bit as amazing as when I went tbeir 9 years ago.
    Driven by 4 mbl monoblocks, these could go as LOUD as you wanted them to - without breaking into discomfort or distortion.
    They played jazz and classical and The Eagles live well but spinning Pink Floyd the wall at loud volumes was incredible. He then brought out the latest Metallica album, I have hearr it before and wasn't that taken. This was almost taken to the event and the sound was fast, dynamic and incredible- all on cd.

MBL is a speaker you feel as well as listen to. The omni drivers really are unique and this is gives them the best mids and treble I have ever heard.

This MBL system was more musically convincing than the top of line Avant-garde Trios with bass gorns at 350k and all top of line Audio Note amps and Audax digital.

If I ever win the lottery, the top of range MBL would be at the very top of my list.

Fully agree that the MBL Reference combo (9011 + 101e MKII) is really great. As for Avantgarde Trio LE, I would say the Audio Note top gears are not as musical as with a full top Kondo combo. But price viz-a-viz, the MBL is more realistic for my small room and budget. Come to think of it, it may just be the foundation idea for a new change, partnered with Roon (Going away from Sooloos as its not being Mac OS "properly" supported and yes, the Roon also did sounded better). Add a Continuum/Viper/DS Audio or a full Kronos stack might just be the next dream for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Seh View Post
    Fully agree that the MBL Reference combo (9011 + 101e MKII) is really great. As for Avantgarde Trio LE, I would say the Audio Note top gears are not as musical as with a full top Kondo combo. But price viz-a-viz, the MBL is more realistic for my small room and budget. Come to think of it, it may just be the foundation idea for a new change, partnered with Roon (Going away from Sooloos as its not being Mac OS "properly" supported and yes, the Roon also did sounded better). Add a Continuum/Viper/DS Audio or a full Kronos stack might just be the next dream for me.
    Jerry

a change to MBL would be an awesome idea. Especially since the SG dealer is so experienced and a music lover.
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Jerry

a change to MBL would be an awesome idea. Especially since the SG dealer is so experienced and a music lover.
    Indeed ...

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, ever tried MBL with Soulution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Mike, ever tried MBL with Soulution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes. It was good. Fast, controlled and plenty of power. However, I prefer MBL’s own electronics on the 101’s.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

6. Likes Kuoppis liked this post

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11