Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: MBL 101e MK2

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MBL 101e MK2

Larry, you coming too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Bring CD’s.

Tidal will do
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Tidal will do
    U1 is on loan. CD only.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, I think those MBL 101e MK2s will please your ears!
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Halgorythme - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Jim, I think those MBL 101e MK2s will please your ears!
    Bart
    I have had my eyes on them even before I picked up the MBL 111F’s. If I could get a reasonable price for my X2 series 2 I would think hard about them.
    Jim

6. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped by at the Singapore distributor yesterday for a listen. Every bit as amazing as when I went tbeir 9 years ago.
    Driven by 4 mbl monoblocks, these could go as LOUD as you wanted them to - without breaking into discomfort or distortion.
    They played jazz and classical and The Eagles live well but spinning Pink Floyd the wall at loud volumes was incredible. He then brought out the latest Metallica album, I have hearr it before and wasn't that taken. This was almost taken to the event and the sound was fast, dynamic and incredible- all on cd.

MBL is a speaker you feel as well as listen to. The omni drivers really are unique and this is gives them the best mids and treble I have ever heard.

This MBL system was more musically convincing than the top of line Avant-garde Trios with bass gorns at 350k and all top of line Audio Note amps and Audax digital.

If I ever win the lottery, the top of range MBL would be at the very top of my list.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

8. Likes Mike, Ritmo, kiwi_1282001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    I stopped by at the Singapore distributor yesterday for a listen. Every bit as amazing as when I went tbeir 9 years ago.
    Driven by 4 mbl monoblocks, these could go as LOUD as you wanted them to - without breaking into discomfort or distortion.
    They played jazz and classical and The Eagles live well but spinning Pink Floyd the wall at loud volumes was incredible. He then brought out the latest Metallica album, I have hearr it before and wasn't that taken. This was almost taken to the event and the sound was fast, dynamic and incredible- all on cd.

MBL is a speaker you feel as well as listen to. The omni drivers really are unique and this is gives them the best mids and treble I have ever heard.

This MBL system was more musically convincing than the top of line Avant-garde Trios with bass gorns at 350k and all top of line Audio Note amps and Audax digital.

If I ever win the lottery, the top of range MBL would be at the very top of my list.

Ron and Cheng are great peeple at Coherence.

Hearing the MBL xTremes at Coherence was my audio epiphany. In over 10 years I still have not heard anything come close.

Might have to take another trip back there.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Ron and Cheng are great peeple at Coherence.

Hearing the MBL xTremes at Coherence was my audio epiphany. In over 10 years I still have not heard anything come close.

Might have to take another trip back there.
    Agree. I heard the ones 9 years agom Ron is a lovely fellow and kept putting on disc after disc,then a bit later when Floyd and such was on. He gave me rhe remote and said play it as loud as you like

They have a lot of experience in setting up MBL systems.
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Love my MBL’s. Go to Munich, hear everything and realize MBL is still the king. Far superior than some of the over priced stuff we hear there.

12. Likes nicoff, XV-1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only heard MBLs at audio shows and they've consistently been my choice for the best sound reproduction I've ever heard.
    - Steve

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp • Lumin D2 Network Player • Rega Apollo R CD Player • Harbeth C7ES3 Loudspeakers • Magnepan .7 Loudspeakers • JL Audio D108 Subwoofer •
    Sound Anchor Four Post Monitor Stands • Analysis Plus Black Oval 12 Speaker Cables • Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval Balanced Interconnects • PS Audio Dectet Power Center • PS Audio AC3 Power Cable • PS Audio Noise Harvestors • VTI 3 Post Modular Component Rack • Roon via a MacBook Air core

14. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast