Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Lumin X1 Fiber Optic Network Discussions

A major innovation of Lumin X1 is its support for standard fiber optic networking. Since this technology may be relatively new to audiophiles (aside from those who work in IT), and getting a compatible set of everything that works is not quite trivial, this thread is created to list known compatible setups, and possible network topologies for the X1 since it features both a fiber optic network port and a copper Ethernet port. Although the timing of this thread is a bit early, I hope it helps people who are considering to buy X1 have sufficient information for how the X1 can be set up. For existing Lumin products, compatible fiber media converters have already been listed in this post:
    http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...l=1#post228808

Before going into details, let me answer the question of why bother with it when copper Ethernet works great. For digital music transmission, I have no doubt Ethernet is better than USB, especially when the source for the USB is a general purpose computer or NAS. However, just as people who use isolation products for USB can improve the sound quality significantly, some people found that doing optical isolation for Ethernet can make the already great sound quality even slightly better without spending a great deal of money. This is an observation made by some Lumin users, as well as users of other brands of network-capable DAC. As for the technical reason why some people hear a difference even if the digital bits are the same, there exists multiple theories that range from ground loop, shielding, and leakage current, etc. There is no electric noise in an optic fiber, so it is potentially a really good form of isolation.

Is Lumin the first to support fiber optic network in a network streamer? I think practically it is, excluding DIY products. If I'm not mistaken, MSB and Bel Canto use fiber for proprietary signal connections but not standard fiber optic network. (If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.)

Note: Fiber optic network is totally different from TOSLINK - these are different things. Audiophiles typically do not use toslink because it usually results in jitter unless your DAC does a good job to reclock it.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Re: Lumin X1 Fiber Optic Network Discussions

This warning deserves its own post.

Do not connect both the X1 fiber optic network port (hereafter SFP port) and copper Ethernet port to the same switch or router - this forms a switching loop. This may bring down your whole network and your family will find that they cannot access the internet, until you disconnect the loop and reboot the whole network infrastructure.

Typically we have the following scenarios for the X1 network port connection:
    Case 1: Use the SFP port only to fiber media converter or optical switch
    Case 2: Use the copper Ethernet port only to WiFi router or switch
    Case 3: Use the SFP port for connection to fiber media converter or optical switch, and use the copper Ethernet for a bridged connection to NAS or L1 (in another forum there are some people who advocate this type of bridged NAS connection for sound quality - our X1 users will be able test it easily whether this sounds better or worse.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

This is the Lumin Munich 2018 setup, and is probably easier and less costly to adopt than other setups. In these diagrams, Ethernet cable is not shown where it is obvious. FMC means fiber media converter.

L1 or NAS - WiFi Router with 1000Mbps Ethernet - FMC - fiber - Lumin X1 SFP

FMC: TP-Link MC210CS in Auto mode
    fiber: Single mode LC-SC Duplex patch cord (Yellow)
    SFP: TP-Link TL-SM311LS

Since optic fiber comes in single mode and multi mode, and there are SC and LC types of connectors, so there are all sorts of fiber variations. This is a single mode setup, so the FMC, fiber, and SFP are chosen to use single mode. The chosen FMC uses SC connector, but the SFP uses LC connector, so the fiber must be LC-SC otherwise it cannot be plugged in at all. The SFP and FMC pair is chosen in a way that is known to be compatible. The color yellow is significant because this is the standard for single mode fiber.

The difference between single mode and multi mode is that signal in single mode fiber can travel even longer distance. One may choose to use multi mode as well, but the FMC and the SFP will be different - this is NOT yet verified: for multi mode setup the FMC should be MC200CM, and the SFP should be TL-SM311LM. You'd need multi mode fiber instead of single mode fiber for a multi mode setup.

The TP-Link FMC has a limitation that its copper Ethernet port only works at 1000Mbps. It does not work at 100Mbps. If your WiFi router Ethernet port is 100Mbps, please replace the WiFi router with a contemporary model with 1000Mbps Ethernet ports, or insert a 1000Mbps switch such as Netgear GS105 between the router Ethernet 100Mbps port and the FMC. There may be other brand(s) of FMC that does not share this limitation, but you'd then need to find a compatible SFP with the brand of FMC you choose.

Note: In the link in post #1 I said to use a pair of FMC for other models of Lumin. For X1 you only need one, not a pair because X1 has SFP port. The receiver-side SFP will be powered by the X1 power supply. So there is no need to get another LPS for the FMC in an X1 setup.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Some people may choose to use an optical network switch instead of FMC. In another forum some people use the Diablo brand optical switch. We got an equivalent unit from China.

L1 or NAS - WiFi Router - Optical switch SFP - fiber - Lumin X1 SFP

In this setup you need a pair of the same SFP, e.g. TL-SM311LS, and a single mode LC-LC duplex patch cord (yellow).
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

great product. I use the S1 at today and i'm happy. (with L1 and Nas, standard power supply and Kenneth Lau p.s.)
    The new X1 is a great temptation.....price will be around 18k? (europe)
    Linn Klimax is now definitely dead

when the first pieces availables?
    thank you

At work we use fs.com for media converters, SFPs, and fiber jumpers. The cost is cheaper than what you might find off Amazon, etc. I have not used these with Lumin of course, but we have good luck in an ISP environment.

$23 - MC that supports 10/100/1000 copper and standard (dual fiber) and BiDi (single fiber) SFPs:
    https://www.fs.com/products/35333.html

$11 - Standard single mode SFP:
    https://www.fs.com/products/29848.html

$9/$12 - BiDi single mode SFPs:
    https://www.fs.com/products/29894.html
    https://www.fs.com/products/29895.html

Fiber jumpers are around a few dollars each, depending on length. Just make sure you order with LC connector (single or dual) with UPC polish (blue connector). A 2mm thick jacket is good.

Note - For the BiDi SFPs it runs two wavelengths over the same strand of fiber, one for Tx and one for Rx. Therefore, you need to order in reverse pairs such as 1310/1490nm and 1490/1310nm

Quote Originally Posted by db33 View Post
    The new X1 is a great temptation.....price will be around 18k? (europe)
    when the first pieces availables?
    For price discussions please see this thread:
    http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...l=1#post238524

Prices are tentative and subjective to change. I don't have an ETA of when X1 can be shipped, but I hope soon.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    At work we use fs.com for media converters, SFPs, and fiber jumpers. The cost is cheaper than what you might find off Amazon, etc.
    Amazon prices do fluctuate greatly. Not long ago it listed MC210CS at $45, now it's $70.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Question Re: Lumin X1 Fiber Optic Network Discussions

As you can see in the picture, I already use an optical bridge: Two TP-Link MC200CM (Multi mode, not single mode MC210CS) with an optic duplex, allowing me to connect an isolated secondary router for my streamer from my HIFI dedicated electrical circuit and this without pollution = Optical conversion and back to Ethernet conversion.

In my case, this new Lumin X1 optical port would allow me to eliminate my secondary network (and one TP-Link converter) for a purer sound.

My only technical question: Do I really need a TL-SM311LM since my duplex cable is only one meter long?

Attached Images Attached Images

deletion attempt

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by vinci92 View Post
    As you can see in the picture, I already use an optical bridge: Two TP-Link MC200CM (Multi mode, not single mode MC210CS) with an optic duplex, allowing me to connect an isolated secondary router for my streamer from my HIFI dedicated electrical circuit and this without pollution = Optical conversion and back to Ethernet conversion.

In my case, this new Lumin X1 optical port would allow me to eliminate my secondary network (and one TP-Link converter) for a purer sound.

My only technical question: Do I really need a TL-SM311LM since my duplex cable is only one meter long?

If I understand your network topology correctly, and if you buy an X1 in the future, yes you'd need the TL-SM311LM SFP (note: not tested yet) to be plugged into the X1 SFP port

This way one of your MC200CM units can be eliminated. The other MC200CM to be used with X1 SFP needs to be changed from Force mode to Auto mode for connection to SFP. Your existing fiber cannot be used due to connector mismatch (and probably insufficient length). You would need a multi mode LC-SC duplex 50/125um fiber.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thank you very much for the valuable information. If I buy the X1, I'm going to proceed to a long-term comparison between my current configuration and the TL-SM311LM SFP with the LC-SC duplex 50 / 125um. I will post all my impressions on this in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Is Lumin the first to support fiber optic network in a network streamer? I think practically it is, excluding DIY products. If I'm not mistaken, MSB and Bel Canto use fiber for proprietary signal connections but not standard fiber optic network. (If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.)

Note: Fiber optic network is totally different from TOSLINK - these are different things. Audiophiles typically do not use toslink because it usually results in jitter unless your DAC does a good job to reclock it.
    Sorry Peter, I hate to say this but Lumin may not be the first to do this. I bought a streamer from Mivera called Superstream 2 yrs back which had ST fiber port. Its not a DIY product but he stopped producing anymore units.

Having said this, I am curious to know if the Transceivers are native to the MAC or does it go through an internal FMC ?

Thanks for the info. The SFP socket is directly connected to our network hardware, so the answer is native.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi,
    sorry my stupid question but i'm very "new" with streamer&music server....
    Peter can you plaese say me as is to be connected the Mini 1x 10/100/1000Base to the router? i need 2 pcs.? what gove me this "operation" really in my system?
    thank you very much for your understanding..
    b rgds

I'm sure the question is not stupid, but I'm not sure I understand your question. Anyway, to upgrade from S1 to X1 it's a drop-in replacement with no other required changes, including your existing Ethernet setup.

Only if you want to try the optical network, and your WiFi router has 1000Mbps gigabit Ethernet port, then you can try the configuration in post #3. With the X1, you only need one FMC and one SFP, not two. The router is connected to the FMC via an Ethernet cable, and the FMC is connected to the SFP plugged into X1 via a duplex fiber.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Only if you want to try the optical network, and your WiFi router has 1000Mbps gigabit Ethernet port, then you can try the configuration in post #3. With the X1, you only need one FMC and one SFP, not two. The router is connected to the FMC via an Ethernet cable, and the FMC is connected to the SFP plugged into X1 via a duplex fiber.
    Or better yet, get a switch with a SFP slot

https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Swit...+with+sfp+port

I try to be sure about the configuration... Is it possible to know were the TL-SM311LS sould be connected (into the MC210CS ok into the X1)? Thank you!

The TL-SM311LS is an SFP module and looks like this:

The SFP is to be plugged into the Lumin X1. See the top-left part of the below image. The silver socket with some circular holes is the SFP socket. You see the SFP module (TL-SM311LS) inside the socket, and a silver part of the SFP module that extends outside the socket with an extraction lever. The SFP connects to a duplex fiber with a LC connector (blue). The other end of the fiber (not shown) is connected to a MC210CS.

Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Ok, so It's inside the X1 - It doesn't have to be purchased like the fiber cable and the converter.

Quote Originally Posted by vinci92 View Post
    Ok, so It's inside the X1 - It doesn't have to be purchased like the fiber cable and the converter.
    The SFP module is to be plugged into the X1, which only has an SFP socket (not a module). It's likely that the user will need to purchase a SFP module and plug it into the X1. It's unlikely that X1 will bundle with a SFP module because the choices of SFP need to be considered with the rest of the optical network for compatibility.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

We've created a diagram which should hopefully make some of the options clearer.

[Associated with LUMIN]

Audioshark

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I hadn't paid attention to fiber connections until the Lumin X1 was announced and posted about, here at Audioshark.

On that second link, for the SFP module, there are a number of choices that look like they have the same output connector. Are all of these compatible, and just different specs, or is there only one (or more) that is compatible and should be chosen if one were going to implement its use with the Lumin X1?
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Quote Originally Posted by Rnrmf View Post
    On that second link, for the SFP module, there are a number of choices that look like they have the same output connector. Are all of these compatible, and just different specs, or is there only one (or more) that is compatible and should be chosen if one were going to implement its use with the Lumin X1?
    I would not say that all will be compatible, but so far the few ones we tested for X1 work. There are different wavelength spec of SFP. If you buy a pair of SFP in an optical switch configuration, it makes sense to buy a pair of the same SFP module. We will test more SFP and post them here, and in the future X1 users may also share their findings.

Tested so far:

Single-mode SFP:
    - TP-Link TL-SM311LS (compatible with TP-Link MC210CS)

Multi-mode SFP:
    - 10Gtek GLC-SX-MMD SFP-SX 850nm
    - TP-Link TL-SM311LM (mentioned before but is just retested)

The two multi-mode SFP are compatible with each other in an optical switch configuration, both are compatible with TP-Link MC200CM in a FMC configuration.

We found that:
    - The SFP module has to be inserted fully into the SFP slot of X1 otherwise it would not work. This tricked a beta tester and our staff.
    - Note that the orientation of the SFP slot in X1 is up-side down compared to typical optical switches, so that lever of the SFP module should face downwards. This is easier because otherwise there is not enough space to insert a finger between the top of the X1 chassis and the SFP lever, when it is necessary to pull out the SFP using the lever.
    - The two connectors in a SC duplex fiber cable may not be labelled, so it is possible the TX and RX fiber to be inserted into the wrong slot of the FMC. Check the LINK LED on the FMC.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    At work we use fs.com for media converters, SFPs, and fiber jumpers. The cost is cheaper than what you might find off Amazon, etc. I have not used these with Lumin of course, but we have good luck in an ISP environment.

$23 - MC that supports 10/100/1000 copper and standard (dual fiber) and BiDi (single fiber) SFPs:
    https://www.fs.com/products/35333.html

$11 - Standard single mode SFP:
    https://www.fs.com/products/29848.html

$9/$12 - BiDi single mode SFPs:
    https://www.fs.com/products/29894.html
    https://www.fs.com/products/29895.html

Fiber jumpers are around a few dollars each, depending on length. Just make sure you order with LC connector (single or dual) with UPC polish (blue connector). A 2mm thick jacket is good.

Note - For the BiDi SFPs it runs two wavelengths over the same strand of fiber, one for Tx and one for Rx. Therefore, you need to order in reverse pairs such as 1310/1490nm and 1490/1310nm
    Based on your suggestion we ordered some SFP from fs.com for compatibility testing:

multi-mode 1000BASE-SX 850nm 550m Cisco-compatible:
    https://www.fs.com/products/22138.html

multi-mode 1000BASE-SX 850nm 550m D-Link-compatible:
    https://www.fs.com/products/15234.html

single-mode 1000BASE-LX 1310nm 10km Intel-compatible:
    https://www.fs.com/products/15464.html

single-mode 1000BASE-ZX 1550nm 80km Cisco-compatible:
    https://www.fs.com/products/22140.html

We bought several types of SFP (in pairs) including: SX 850nm 550m, LX 1310nm 10km, ZX 1550nm 80km. All pairs work normally in Lumin X1 with our optical switch.

Even the SFP for 1000Mbps copper Ethernet RJ45 port work in Lumin X1 too. So people who prefer to have two copper Ethernet ports on X1 can use that. However, 100Mbps Ethernet does not work in the SFP.

Copper RJ45 10000BASE-T Cisco-compatible:
    https://www.fs.com/products/11773.html
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Since we shipped some Lumin X1 Black, I'd like to give an update on the optical network stuff.

In order to answer questions about choice of optical network switch from dealers and for review purpose, at this point we're looking at Cisco SG112-24 Compact 24-port switch (USD119) as a potential candidate considering the brand, availability, price, and subjective listening results. We have received a preliminary positive report from a dealer, but are still waiting for the switch to arrive to do our own testing. While most unmanaged switches will work with Lumin app, when it comes to Roon further testing is required (especially for this particular brand).

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16833422828

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Sg112-2.../dp/B00Z1N2ON2
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Since we shipped some Lumin X1 Black, I'd like to give an update on the optical network stuff.

In order to answer questions about choice of optical network switch from dealers and for review purpose, at this point we're looking at Cisco SG112-24 Compact 24-port switch (USD119) as a potential candidate considering the brand, availability, price, and subjective listening results. We have received a preliminary positive report from a dealer, but are still waiting for the switch to arrive to do our own testing. While most unmanaged switches will work with Lumin app, when it comes to Roon further testing is required (especially for this particular brand).

Good to learn of another option and look forward to the results of your tests.

On another note, the Cisco WS-C2960-8TC-L (EOL though) was all the rave on the Linn / Naim forums.

It's interesting that the reportedly better sounding Cisco switches are EOL items or expensive when new.

If Lumin X1 reports network error when you use optical fiber, the #1 cause is the SFP not properly inserted into the X1.

This photo from a customer shows the correct orientation on the X1:

Note that the orientation is very likely to be different from the optical network switch side:

The reason for the opposite orientation is because Lumin X1 / S1 / A1 / T1 have their circuit boards mounted upside down. This helps with the use of really heavy interconnects, which can physically pull the connectors away from the board.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I have wondered a little why the USB connectors on the S1 are upside down compared to every other USB port I use. Thanks.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

It has been brought to my attention that a Hong Kong company AfterDark. has produced an audiophile network switch with optical network, with different clock and IEC options. Although we have not tested it, they claim to have tested their product with Lumin X1, so I thought I'd mention it here in case anybody is interested.

https://www.afterdarkdot.com/collect...lo-mini-series
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

It has been brought to my attention that a Hong Kong company AfterDark. has produced an audiophile network switch with optical network, with different clock and IEC options. Although we have not tested it, they claim to have tested their product with Lumin X1, so I thought I'd mention it here in case anybody is interested.

https://www.afterdarkdot.com/collect...lo-mini-series
    I don't get the point of getting a switch since the Lumin needs a wifi connexion to be controled.. A simple ethernet / optical converter after, properly LPS powered, the wifi router should do the main job.

Envoyé de mon LG-H933 en utilisant Tapatalk

An optical network switch (with a SFP module) can be used as a FMC. Whether this expense brings better SQ over a simple FMC is up to debate.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter, what is an FMC?
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Peter, what is an FMC?
    Not Peter here, but FMC is a Fiber Media Converter which converts a wired Ethernet cable's signal for connection to a fiber optic cable. (linked item is just an example of such a product)

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Peter, what is an FMC?
    Please see post #3 for the FMC we used in Munich 2018. However, now we prefer using an optical network switch (post #4) instead of FMC, with a pair of single-mode SFP.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks to both
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Audioshark

Testing the optical on the X1 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

excited to see more reviews Mike! I'm about ready to pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Testing the optical on the X1 today.

Same here!

I like it with a simple FMC

Audioshark

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/0...m=facebook&m=1

There is now an audiophile version of the Cisco SG112-24 Compact switch modified with Connor Winfield OCXO. This dealer also supplies CORNING ClearCurve glass fiber for Lumin X1 as well:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hiendy.com%2Fhififorum%2Fforu m.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D118289&edit-text=&act=url

https://www.clonesaudio.com/product-page/sg112-24-mod

Price is HKD5899 ~ roughly USD756. Power supply for the switch needs to be purchased separately.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Audioshark

I’m looking at:

http://thelinearsolution.com/ocxo_router.html

Audioshark

There is now an audiophile version of the Cisco SG112-24 Compact switch modified with Connor Winfield OCXO.
    Surprisingly, Kenneth Lau bought this and said it sounds better (using his LPS) than the modified Buffalo switch he used to sell. (I believe, but not 100% sure, he is using dCS.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

This should be available later this summer... and some who have heard this say it sounds even better than the linear solutions products:

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/en...-item/snh-10g/
    Lumin S1 / PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp & 250 Amp / B&W 804D2 / PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator / Synergistic Research Atmosphere Level 3 HC Power Cable / Shunyata Alpha Power Cables / Audience Au24 SX XLR / High Fidelity Reveal XLR / Kimber Monocole XL Speaker Cables / SOtM dBL-Cat7 Ethernet cables / High Fidelity MC0.5 / system upgraded with Synergistic Research Blue Fuses / Nordost Qv1's & Qk2's

Quote Originally Posted by jerbil View Post
    This should be available later this summer... and some who have heard this say it sounds even better than the linear solutions products:

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/en...-item/snh-10g/
    The brand new Lumin X1. Impressive even with ethernet connexion (Oxco router wow!), but I got noise issue between tracks when resampling. If not solve within 14 days, I go for the dCS Bartok

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team