Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Re: Lumin X1 Fiber Optic Network Discussions

Welcome to the forum Joe, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Hi Joe - welcome! Your X1 should be arriving any day now! Exciting stuff.

I’ll defer to Peter on the latest and greatest parts for the Fiber connection.

Talk to you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    What is the current thinking about how to accomplish what I want to do?
    The standard fiber configuration of Lumin X1 is like this:

SFP switch + SFP module - (fiber) - SFP module + Lumin X1

The WiFi router, NAS, or Roon Core should be connected to the SFP switch via Ethernet.

For sample configuration:

SFP switch such as:
    https://www.amazon.com/SYSTEMS-24-Po.../dp/B00VPT8XSQ
    (1. The Amazon photo is wrong, the switch should be compact. 2. This is an end-of-life product that Cisco ceases hardware support on December 31, 2020. 3. It used to be available as a new unit for less than $99.)

A pair of the same brand and type of single-mode 1310nm SFP modules such as:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U8PN0NQ..._t1_B0000AZJZL
    (This choice of SFP module needs to be compatible with the SFP switch above. Note that SFP+ is not supported.)

LC-LC single-mode 9/125um Corning duplex fiber:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3m-LC-LC-Du...7Ocm:rk:3:pf:0

In this setup, it is absolutely important not to connect both the fiber and copper Ethernet to the switch - this creates a loop and will bring down your whole network. We actually had someone try this in our office by mistake, so I can tell you the effect.

I have the option of installing another network card in the QNAP NAS that has one or two SFP+ ports and possibly going directly to the X1 via the appropriate SFP+ modules and fiber. That seems to be the most direct but I am not sure how exactly the QNAP's new SFP+ ports would get their I.P. addresses
    A Taiwan review of Lumin X1 actually did something similar, and I translated the article here:
    https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post263007

A fiber bridged setup should look like this (but we never tried this at Lumin, so at this time I don't recommend people doing this unless they really want to try this):

WiFi router or switch - (CAT-5e / 6) - copper Ethernet port of Lumin X1 - SFP module + Lumin X1 - (fiber) - SFP Module + QNAP SFP network card

In this setup, both copper and SFP network ports of Lumin X1 are used, but no loop is formed here. The Lumin X1 bridges the QNAP to the network, so the QNAP gets the IP address from the WiFi router. Everything is still on the same subnet. You should not need a FMC here.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thank you Mr. Lie. I have decided to try both configurations with the QNAP expansion card and with a switch similar to the one that you mentioned in your post above.

Just to be clear, the QNAP is no longer connected to the switch via copper of any sort and only via the fiber is this correct or can/should it be? The reason I ask is that the NAS also serves additional duties on the network and is not simply dedicated to music server duties.

Thanks again!

Joe

Thank you Mr. Lie. I have decided to try both configurations with the QNAP expansion card and with a switch similar to the one that you mentioned in your post above.

Just to be clear, the QNAP is no longer connected to the switch via copper of any sort and only via the fiber is this correct or can/should it be? The reason I ask is that the NAS also serves additional duties on the network and is not simply dedicated to music server duties.

Thanks again!

Joe
    I will be very interested in the answer - as I am in exactly the same boat - my NAS also has dual duties - as a music server & back storage - hard drive allocation is also dedicated - that is drive 1 solely for music mirrored-backed up to drive 2 - drive 3 computer backup mirrored-backed up to drive 4 - NAS is a Synology Diskstation DS418.

We think alike. My concern was in asking the X1 to handle all sorts of other data it wasn't designed to do. If I prefer the NAS connected directly to the X1 via fiber and the QNAP can't handle both copper and fiber at the same time I may need to think about adding an additional NAS.

My understanding of Peter's Post is the "switch gets its nickers in a knot" when presented with both copper & fibre - no idea what the NAS will or will not do.

1. Standard setup: If you have not purchased the QNAP SFP network card yet, then just connect the QNAP to the SFP switch using copper Ethernet. Lumin X1 is connected to the SFP switch using a fiber and a pair of SFP modules.

2. If you have already purchased the QNAP SFP network card, then there are two possibilities:

A. Fiber NAS setup: Connect the QNAP SFP to the SFP switch using fiber and a pair of SFP modules. Leave the other QNAP Ethernet port(s) disconnected. Lumin X1 is also connected to the SFP switch using another fiber and another pair of SFP modules. (If your SFP switch is a managed switch, you may be able to use QNAP port trunking feature, but I cannot help you there.)

B. Fiber bridged NAS setup: Connect the QNAP SFP to the Lumin X1 using fiber and a pair of SFP modules. Leave the other QNAP Ethernet port(s) disconnected. Lumin X1 copper Ethernet is connected to a network switch or WiFi router. In this setup the switch does not need to have SFP port at all.

In 2B if you power down the Lumin X1 (bridging the QNAP to your network), your QNAP will be offline from the network for other uses. Please note that neither 2A nor 2B are tested by Lumin.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

If I prefer the NAS connected directly to the X1 via fiber and the QNAP can't handle both copper and fiber at the same time I may need to think about adding an additional NAS.
    I guess the QNAP can handle both at the same time - the problem is making a sensible network setup that works for you. If you really want to use both (which I don't recommend if you're creating a network loop), you may need to enable Spanning Tree Protocol.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    1. Standard setup: If you have not purchased the QNAP SFP network card yet, then just connect the QNAP to the SFP switch using copper Ethernet. Lumin X1 is connected to the SFP switch using a fiber and a pair of SFP modules.

2. If you have already purchased the QNAP SFP network card, then there are two possibilities:

A. Fiber NAS setup: Connect the QNAP SFP to the SFP switch using fiber and a pair of SFP modules. Leave the other QNAP Ethernet port(s) disconnected. Lumin X1 is also connected to the SFP switch using another fiber and another pair of SFP modules. (If your SFP switch is a managed switch, you may be able to use QNAP port trunking feature, but I cannot help you there.)

B. Fiber bridged NAS setup: Connect the QNAP SFP to the Lumin X1 using fiber and a pair of SFP modules. Leave the other QNAP Ethernet port(s) disconnected. Lumin X1 copper Ethernet is connected to a network switch or WiFi router. In this setup the switch does not need to have SFP port at all. (Unless you want to create two subnets, I don't see how the other QNAP Ethernet port(s) can be utilized.)

In 2B if you power down the Lumin X1 (bridging the QNAP to your network), your QNAP will be offline from the network for other uses. Please note that neither 2A nor 2B are tested by Lumin.
    Thank you wklie!

I snagged a used QNAP card from an auction site at a price I was unable to refuse. The switch I intend to use is managed (TP-LINK Jetstream T2500G-10TS). I will be able to try all combinations of 1 and 2.a and 2.b before all is said and done.

My end goal if at all possible is to eliminate any copper Ethernet into the X1. Step 1 above would accomplish this will little muss or fuss but the experimenter in me wants to play with the options in Step 2.

Hi
    Anyone tested 8-port switch with 2 SFP?

My X1 is on the way and I am planning to set up fiber connection though I am a complete noob at networking.
    Anyway, my current howe router set up as follow:
    1. Primary router is about 35-feet away from my AV system.
    2. Ethernet cables laid from 3 router ports to 3 x 8-gigabit port switches at my AV system
    3. I have a 4-bay Synology NAS connected to another router port and tucked away in the same place as the router.
    - The NAS is used primarily for my data backup and movie library for streaming

I plan to get a dedicated QNAP 2-bay NAS for my music library (about 7TB) to be connected to the X1 via fiber.
    The NAS will be at my AV system next to the X1.

Questions:
    1. Based on my existing and planned QNAP setup, what is the best way to setup my X1 fiber connection?
    2. Can I connect 1 of the free ports on my existing switches to a FMC and then to the X1 and for the new NAS to be connected to another port on the existing switches? Dont think it will work though.

help and advice much appreciated. Thank you.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Yes, you can do that (if I understand you correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by streamer_noob View Post
    Hi
    Anyone tested 8-port switch with 2 SFP?

My X1 is on the way and I am planning to set up fiber connection though I am a complete noob at networking.
    Anyway, my current howe router set up as follow:
    1. Primary router is about 35-feet away from my AV system.
    2. Ethernet cables laid from 3 router ports to 3 x 8-gigabit port switches at my AV system
    3. I have a 4-bay Synology NAS connected to another router port and tucked away in the same place as the router.
    - The NAS is used primarily for my data backup and movie library for streaming

I plan to get a dedicated QNAP 2-bay NAS for my music library (about 7TB) to be connected to the X1 via fiber.
    The NAS will be at my AV system next to the X1.

Questions:
    1. Based on my existing and planned QNAP setup, what is the best way to setup my X1 fiber connection?
    2. Can I connect 1 of the free ports on my existing switches to a FMC and then to the X1 and for the new NAS to be connected to another port on the existing switches? Dont think it will work though.

help and advice much appreciated. Thank you.

Which 2bay qnap nas shod I get for the x1?
    its going to b a dedicated Mas for streaming my music library to the x1

Regarding a 2bay NAS, I personally would want to be able to set up a RAID5 or something for some level of protection should one of the disks fail so I'd recommend a 4-bay NAS if your budget could handle it but that's just me. How do you intend to integrate the NAS into your system? Via Ethernet, via wireless, or (and I don't even know if this is possible) connected directly to the X1 via USB or something?

As far as my network is concerned, I ended up replacing two old Netgear un-managed 1GbE switches with a QNAP 12-port 10GbE switch with a bunch of SFP slots running 10GbE fiber from the QNAP TS-879 to the switch and 1GbE fiber from the switch to the X1. Nothing else in my system is currently 10GbE but when I get the itch I can start that migration as needed/desired.

1. If your switches do not support SFP, I suggest replacing one switch with a SFP switch, so that X1 can connect to it via fiber and a pair of SFP modules. The new QNAP should also connect to this SFP switch via copper Ethernet. Please see post #108 for alternatives.

2. Yes, that should work. The FMC and the SFP module to be inserted into the X1 has to be compatible though, e.g. TP-Link MC210CS with TL-SM311LS. However, I think using a SFP switch is superior to FMC.

If you like to buy a 2-bay QNAP, take a look at the fanless HS-453DX . Fanless stuff is especially good for audio purpose.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks for your advice and inouts
    I ordered the TP-Link switch as recommended by blue-sky but I bought the 24-port instead

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for the SFP modules, I ordered a pair from Amazon from the link provided by Peter

As for the fiber cable, the ebay seller doesn't ship international.
    I believe I need a pair? Nas SFP port to switch n switch to X1?
    Anyone can link me a seller that does international shipping of the fiber cable?

As for the NAS, I was looking at TS231B n the pci-e SFP card but I m also looking at the one that Peter recommended

Thank you again

@bluesky
    No wireless connection for my system
    @peter
    The HS-453DX uses rj45 so its not a SFP port n if I were to get this nas then it has to be copper connection from the nas to the SFP switch.
    I prefer end to end SFP connection

But fanless is good though

Try FS.com for the cable.

As for the fiber cable, the ebay seller doesn't ship international. I believe I need a pair? Nas SFP port to switch n switch to X1? Anyone can link me a seller that does international shipping of the fiber cable?
    For the connection between the Lumin X1 + SFP module to the SFP switch + SFP module, you need one duplex fiber cable, try this: https://www.fs.com/products/68296.html

It takes 2 weeks to ship though. If you determine to use fiber connection between QNAP and the SFP switch, then you need the QNAP fiber network adapter, an extra pair of SFP modules, and an extra duplex fiber.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks Peter n Vortex

Will any of these NAS with built in SFP+ work?

TS331X with Raid 5
    https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-332x

TS431X
    https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-431x

Will any of these NAS with built in SFP+ work?

TS331X with Raid 5
    https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-332x

TS431X
    https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-431x
    See Post #103.

As far as I know, the Lumin will only take SFP and not SFP+ modules. That being said, installing an SFP module in an SFP+ port will work satisfactorily. My NAS and switch are both SFP+ and I have SFP+ modules between those two and between the switch and the Lumin I use SFP modules with single mode fiber.

Just ordered the qnap 332x n 2 pairs of SFP modules n 2 fiber cables from fs. Com
    Also bought the TP-Link 24 port with 4 SFP ports

Just ordered the qnap 332x n 2 pairs of SFP modules n 2 fiber cables from fs. Com
    Also bought the TP-Link 24 port with 4 SFP ports
    Sounds like a plan!

Yeah hopefully the plan will work lol

Did you buy two pairs of the same SFP module, or one pair of 1310nm SFP module for X1, and another pair of SFP+ for QNAP?

When we tested a TP-Link SFP switch in the past, it required a setting change ("duplex"). It hope it works right out of the box for you.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I bought 2 pairs of the SFP modules from fs.com
    https://www.fs.com/products/48928.html

They confirmed that the modules are compatible with the TP-Link switch which I had ordered

Did you buy two pairs of the same SFP module, or one pair of 1310nm SFP module for X1, and another pair of SFP+ for QNAP?

When we tested a TP-Link SFP switch in the past, it required a setting change ("duplex"). It hope it works right out of the box for you.
    FWIW, the QNAP switch worked right out of the box.

Damn I shld have gotten a Cisco or a qnap switch

Damn I shld have gotten a Cisco or a qnap switch
    Did you run into problems? I am sure the switch you purchased is fine.

Did you run into problems? I am sure the switch you purchased is fine.
    oh not yet..... otw from Amazon

The TP-Link 24port arrived n all working out of box
    Never played with the settings

Waiting for the fiber cables n SFP modules

Hi, the SFP modules from FS.com arrived together with the cables:
    https://www.fs.com/products/48928.html (2 pairs of SFP modules)

https://www.fs.com/products/68296.html (1 pair of fiber cables)
    Before I start connecting the NAS and X1 with fiber connection, I would like to confirm if this is correct:

My router (away from the AV console)----via Lan-----> TPLink Switch Port 1

Then TPLink SFP Port 1 ---------> NAS SFP Port (NAS SFP Port lights Green & Amber lights were ON/ TP Link SFP Lights were ON)
    Then TPLink SFP Port 2 ---------> X1 SFP Port (module inserted opposite side)

I did the above BUT the NAS could not be detected and the X1 had Network error

My X1 and NAS on RJ45 connection were working fine

Also, and I know this because I messed up when installing my fiber network on my TS-879 Pro NAS, make sure the SFP fiber connection is selected and is the active connection via the QNAPs configuration page. Have you been able to see the NAS at all via the fiber connection?

Also, and I know this because I messed up when installing my fiber network on my TS-879 Pro NAS, make sure the SFP fiber connection is selected and is the active connection via the QNAPs configuration page. Have you been able to see the NAS at all via the fiber connection?
    QFinder was not able to detect the NAS
    Powered off and on the X1 and still had Network Error
    The Lumin app could not detect the X1 too

I would go back to copper with the NAS, make sure that you can actually see the SFP module (even without fiber connected),and make sure that the SFP module was allocated an IP address and try and get that working first.

I would go back to copper with the NAS, make sure that you can actually see the SFP module (even without fiber connected),and make sure that the SFP module was allocated an IP address and try and get that working first.
    Ok I will switch back to copper for my NAS
    Yes, the SFP module was allocated an IP address on the NAS when I switched back to copper and NAS could be detected
    The SFP remained connected to the switch and NAS

In the Network and virtual switch page in the NAS you should be able to see that information. I may have been wrong above and you may still need to connect the switch to the NAS via the fiber cable before the router can assign the IP via DHCP.

Regarding the IP for the SFP, it can and probably should be set manually. I did that for mine so I could remember what the IP of the NAS was when I transitioned fully to fiber.

In the Network and virtual switch page in the NAS you should be able to see that information. I may have been wrong above and you may still need to connect the switch to the NAS via the fiber cable before the router can assign the IP via DHCP.

Regarding the IP for the SFP, it can and probably should be set manually. I did that for mine so I could remember what the IP of the NAS was when I transitioned fully to fiber.

Btw, are u using static IP for your NAS?

Yes I use static for both my NAS systems so I don't have to rely on QFinder all the time. Also, when I map network shares it's easier.

What is the model number of your switch?

What is the model number of your switch?
    Its a TP-Link Jetstream 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet L2 Managed Switch with 4-SFP Slots (T2600G-28TS/TL-SG3424)
    I didnt do any configuration settings on the switch; just plug and play

Certainly should do the trick and it certainly does because you've proved that the RJ-45 connections work properly.

With my setup including an un-managed QNAP 10Gbe switch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for the switch to NAS connection (using multimode cables) and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for the switch to Lumin connection with single mode cables.

I'd focus on getting the router to switch to NAS fiber link working first swapping cables and the SFPs around in case one of them is bad for whatever reason.

Powered off and on the X1 and still had Network Error
    The Lumin app could not detect the X1 too
    The most common reason for X1 fiber network error is that the SFP module is not inserted fully. Also power on the X1 only after the fiber has already been connected at both ends. You should be able to check the LED at the switch.

A managed switch is not the best idea for most audiophiles except those who consider themselves to be network experts. It's not clear to me whether the switch needs to be configured to enable the use of SFP ports.

Another risk is the use of TP-Link switch with a Cisco SFP module. I know that Cisco switches do not work with non-Cisco SFP modules by default, but I don't know whether TP-Link switches can work with non-TP-Link SFP modules (I hope they do). That's why our recommended configuration is a Cisco switch with Cisco SFP modules. When we used TP-Link FMC (post #3) we also used TP-Link SFP module to ensure compatibility.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Yup I was too quick to the draw and went ahead to get the TP-Link managed switch
    Anyway I finally went ahead with the Cisco 24port switch due May 6.

For the TP-Link managed switch, please go into its management setting and check that the SFP ports are included in the default VLAN instead of being isolated. Although I don't think this applies to your model, you may also check whether the SFP ports are shared with other RJ45 port as combo ports - in that case a few specific RJ45 ports must not be used if the SFP slots are needed.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

For the TP-Link managed switch, please go into its management setting and check that the SFP ports are included in the default VLAN instead of being isolated. Although I don't think this applies to your model, you may also check whether the SFP ports are shared with other RJ45 port as combo ports - in that case a few specific RJ45 ports must not be used if the SFP slots are needed.
    The RJ45 ports on TPLink admin page is not shared with the SFP ports.
    Nothing is on the default VLAN page

Check with TPlink support and they told me that since my Qnap TS332X is SFP+ 10GbE, I need to change the speed of the Qnap NAS to 1000Mbps and re-negotiate. Not sure how to do this though.

fs.com reverted and they confirmed their SFP module will not work with the QNAP TS332X since its a SFP+ port:

"Yes, the 1G SFP can not work on the 10G SFP+ device, so your connection described above is not accessible.
    If you want, we can also provide the 10G SFP+ optics, I am now checking the optics compatible for you, please wait for a moment."

I think the X1 is only a SFP port and not SFP+
    I thought the QNAP TS332X SFP+ port was able to auto detect and switch speed to 1000Mbps
    Damn......

On the switch end, the fiber ports with the SFP modules inserted (for the NAS and X1) were lighted up and status was "Link is Up".
    On the NAS end, it showed SFP+ adapter as "Connected" with an IP address.
    On the X1, it was still "Network Error".

My Cisco switch will arrive tomorrow and I will see if it works.

TP-Link and fs.com responses are unexpected. A Taiwan audio review site tested QNAP SFP+ network adapter with a 1G SFP module and it worked for them. If your QNAP has got IP address from the fiber (with no other network connection), that means it works for QNAP, right?

X1 has a SFP slot, not a SFP+ slot and does not support SFP+ module.

For the X1, please note that its SFP slot is upside down - please make sure you have inserted the SFP module with the right orientation and fully, and connected the fiber before the X1 is powered on. If the switch indicates Link Up, please wait for a few minutes for the X1 to get the IP address (although it usually gets it without showing the error in our setup) - once it gets the IP address the network error will vanish.

Since you have two pairs of SFP modules and two fiber, you can swap the set for QNAP and X1 and retry.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

TP-Link and fs.com responses are unexpected. A Taiwan audio review site tested QNAP SFP+ network adapter with a 1G SFP module and it worked for them. If your QNAP has got IP address from the fiber (with no other network connection), that means it works for QNAP, right?

X1 has a SFP slot, not a SFP+ slot and does not support SFP+ module.

For the X1, please note that its SFP slot is upside down - please make sure you have inserted the SFP module with the right orientation and fully, and connected the fiber before the X1 is powered on. If the switch indicates Link Up, please wait for a few minutes for the X1 to get the IP address (although it usually gets it without showing the error in our setup) - once it gets the IP address the network error will vanish.

Since you have two pairs of SFP modules and two fiber, you can swap the set for QNAP and X1 and retry.
    I believe the SFP modules are compatible with both the switch and the NAS as it is able to detect the connections.
    Their replies complicate the situation and I take their responses with a pinch of salt.

Yes, the X1 slot is upside down and I have already tried several times but still getting Network Error.
    Will try and swap the modules later as QNAP is doing remote support to my NAS to troubleshoot. They wanna do testing using Virtual Switch settings on the NAS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin X1 Fiber Optic Network Discussions