Lumin X1 - Page 28
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Lumin X1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin X1

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA1 View Post
    Qnap virtual switch works well with the Lumin U1 ....
    I was unable to get it to work for me. I was offered the "Software-Defined", the "Basic" or the "Advanced" mode and wasn't sure which one to select. I set it up and it appeared that a single I.P, 192.167.107, was assigned to all the nodes within the virtual switch. I was not to happy with that, for whatever reason, and ended up having to push the reset button and resetting the three network adapaters, the two RJ-45 copper and the one 10GbE SFP+ back to their original settings.

Post Thanks / Like

After 8 plus days of continuous play, X1 is so damn good! Too good! I must say T2, the unit I upgraded from is no slouch either and I think you will be happy with either one. In my particular set up I felt that X1 added detail, soundstage and amazing musical clarity. Thank you Mike for your help as always.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Thanks Mike, kuli20 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the minimalist approach to your setup! Very nice!

5. Thanks Ym2000 thanked for this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ym2000 View Post

After 8 plus days of continuous play, X1 is so damn good! Too good! I must say T2, the unit I upgraded from is no slouch either and I think you will be happy with either one. In my particular set up I felt that X1 added detail, soundstage and amazing musical clarity. Thank you Mike for your help as always.
    Congrats! Happy to help and your pictures look great. The X1 is my favorite Lumin by far. Itís so effortless and musical at the same time. It does nothing wrong.

I know it will take a while for people to notice and try the Lumin amp(s), but I must say, itís a home run. If any of you ever get a chance to try one, you wonít be disappointed. Youíll be shocked actually.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

7. Thanks thingswelike, Ym2000, FDPDK thanked for this post
    Likes thingswelike, wklie, FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Im planning to add turntable at some point but for right now everything goes through Lumin. Experimenting now with sound quality of Roon/ Lumin route vs Lumin app - streaming Tidal on both.
    I have read somewhere where there is advantage of running Roon sound wise but so far on my system Lumin app gets the upper hand on a few tracks I tested.
    Anyone has experience or opinion on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    I like the minimalist approach to your setup! Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your Lumin X1 , it truly is amazing and i feel they really are flying under the radar , not many people has eyed them yet.
    Your setup looks great.
    And my dealer has teased me with a combo of Lumin X1 and their Amp.
    I recall the Lumin X1 to be exactly how Mike describes it..and also a big step-up from T2...and do not forget that the T2 is by no means bad
    Flemming

10. Thanks Ym2000 thanked for this post
    Likes Ym2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Im planning to add turntable at some point but for right now everything goes through Lumin. Experimenting now with sound quality of Roon/ Luminary's route vs Lumin app - streaming Tidal on both.
    I have read somewhere where there is advantage of running Roon sound wise but so far on my system Lumin app gets the upper hand on a few tracks I tested.
    Well i tried Roon with S1 ( which i had on loan ) and as you say there is also to my ear an difference but can't say in which favour or why , as i only tried the S1 for a week and Roon for some days....but i do like Roon for having much more info on the Artist or band that one is playing and their suggestions for new music.
    Flemming

12. Thanks Ym2000 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Roon and it's ability to give me my music on computer along with streaming - they are def the leaders in the field especially like you say their suggestions are more spot on that rap heavy Tidal, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Well i tried Roon with S1 ( which i had on loan ) and as you say there is also to my ear an difference but can't say in which favour or why , as i only tried the S1 for a week and Roon for some days....but i do like Roon for having much more info on the Artist or band that one is playing and their suggestions for new music.

14. Likes FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Im planning to add turntable at some point but for right now everything goes through Lumin. Experimenting now with sound quality of Roon/ Lumin route vs Lumin app - streaming Tidal on both.
    The difference is subtitle, I prefer Lumin app sound. Roon is a top quality option and the sound absolutely outstanding, but it set your computer as the core streamer. I prefer avoiding cumputer processes and transmission interferences.

Home: Focal Scala Utopia, Primaluna HP Premium, Lumin X1

Cottage: Devore Orangutan 0/96, Pathos TT Aniversary, Lumin D1
    Home:

• Source: Lumin X1 (Optic Fiber Network Bridged) 4 LPS The Linear Solution, OCXO Router, CLONES Cisco SG112-24 MOD, Synology DS718+ NAS, Minimserver, Samsung 4TB SSD.
    • Amp: Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP
    • Speakers: Focal Scala Utopia
    • Headphones: Sennheiser 800 HD-S
    • Cables, Tweaks: Valhalla RCA & Power Cord, Siltech 770i RCA, Westminster Lumin Cord, Transparent Musicwave Ultra Speaker Cables, Furutech Power Flux, 2 Flux-50 NFC Filters, Lavricable Hp Silver Cord, 8 iFi iPurifiers, 4 Wireworld Starlight Cat8 Eth Cables, Optic Supernova 7, IsoTek EVO3 Titan cond., Entreq Tellus II Ground Box, 15 Absortion Panels, IsoAccoustic OREA & GAIA, 12 Shakti Stones, 4 HRS DPX Plates.

Cottage:

• Source: Lumin D1, Optically Bridged/ROON/NAS, 4 LPSs
    • Amp: Pathos TT Aniversary
    • Speakers: Devore 0/96
    • Headphones: A&K T8iE MK2 & Mojo
    • Cables: Lineflux RCA, XLO Signature 3-10 PC, Tornado PC, Flux-50 NFC Filt, Wireword Silver Eclipse 7 speaker cables & Supernova, Niagara 1000, Entreq Tellus II GB.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Do you have any recommendation for xlr interconnect between X1 and Lumin AMP?
    I have recently become Lumin AMP owner. I must admit it is an amazing piece of gear.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast