Lumin AMP (Class AB) - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    ...causing the hum?

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    2,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    Since it's under warranty take it to the dealer. Has anything changed in your system that would cause a ground loop that wasn't there before.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1 , Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

    Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, Mivera PurePower, Spatial M3TM, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    Nothing has changed in the setup. Hum has been there occassionally before, but only in one loudspeaker. Now it has become permanent, very loud and in both speakers. Unless I hear more from Lumin team, I will send it to a dealer.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsa View Post
    Nothing has changed in the setup. Hum has been there occassionally before, but only in one loudspeaker. Now it has become permanent, very loud and in both speakers. Unless I hear more from Lumin team, I will send it to a dealer.
    Sorry about the issue you are having. I wonder if I can have more detail about your system/setup?

    Angus

    LUMIN / WestminsterLab

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    Hi Angus,
    Many thanks for coming back.
    My setup is following:
    Lumin A1 -> XLR Red Dawn (first version) -> Lumin AMP -> speaker cables Auditorium A23 - > Usher Mini Dancer Two

    I have tested that the issue of hum is only via XLR, it is completely silent if I connect via RCA.
    However clearly XLR connection is a different ball game in terms of sound quality than RCA between A1 and AMP.

    Please let me know in case you have any hints. Does it have something to do with power supply inside AMP?

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    I can also add that I have tried with other XLR inteconnects and the issue stays the same.
    In the past hum was occasional and only in one channel, now it is permanent and in both channels:-(
    Some good advice will be highly appreciated. Is it purely ground loop issue or some internal AMP design of faulty element?

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsa View Post
    I can also add that I have tried with other XLR inteconnects and the issue stays the same.
    In the past hum was occasional and only in one channel, now it is permanent and in both channels:-(
    Some good advice will be highly appreciated. Is it purely ground loop issue or some internal AMP design of faulty element?
    Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. As you have no issue with RCA input, I wonder if you can tell me which XLR interconnects you have tried?

    The Lumin amp input section is a true balanced design. The RCA input is basically an XLR input with the negative pin short to the ground.

    LUMIN / WestminsterLab

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    I have tried following XLR interconnects: another pair of Red Dawn, Valab Pure Silver Litz, Mogami, and DIY Klotz. Same issue with each of them. Should we move to private message with our further conversation?

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsa View Post
    My setup is following:
    Lumin A1 -> XLR Red Dawn (first version) -> Lumin AMP -> speaker cables Auditorium A23 - > Usher Mini Dancer Two

    I have tested that the issue of hum is only via XLR, it is completely silent if I connect via RCA.
    Do you have the A1 and AMP plugged into the same power strip or outlet, or different ones? Are you using some sort of isolating power conditioner?
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, Acoustic Zen, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Dirac, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, LUMIN, Magico, Marantz, Ortofon, Prism Sound, RME, STAX, Trinnov

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

    Both are plugged into the same power strip.
    No power conditioner.

  11. Thanks NekoAudio thanked for this post
 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast