Lumin AMP (Class AB) - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin AMP (Class AB)

...causing the hum?

Post Thanks / Like

Since it's under warranty take it to the dealer. Has anything changed in your system that would cause a ground loop that wasn't there before.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1 , Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, Mivera PurePower, Spatial M3TM, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing has changed in the setup. Hum has been there occassionally before, but only in one loudspeaker. Now it has become permanent, very loud and in both speakers. Unless I hear more from Lumin team, I will send it to a dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsa View Post
    Nothing has changed in the setup. Hum has been there occassionally before, but only in one loudspeaker. Now it has become permanent, very loud and in both speakers. Unless I hear more from Lumin team, I will send it to a dealer.
    Sorry about the issue you are having. I wonder if I can have more detail about your system/setup?

Angus

LUMIN / WestminsterLab

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Angus,
    Many thanks for coming back.
    My setup is following:
    Lumin A1 -> XLR Red Dawn (first version) -> Lumin AMP -> speaker cables Auditorium A23 - > Usher Mini Dancer Two

I have tested that the issue of hum is only via XLR, it is completely silent if I connect via RCA.
    However clearly XLR connection is a different ball game in terms of sound quality than RCA between A1 and AMP.

Please let me know in case you have any hints. Does it have something to do with power supply inside AMP?

Post Thanks / Like

I can also add that I have tried with other XLR inteconnects and the issue stays the same.
    In the past hum was occasional and only in one channel, now it is permanent and in both channels:-(
    Some good advice will be highly appreciated. Is it purely ground loop issue or some internal AMP design of faulty element?

Post Thanks / Like

I can also add that I have tried with other XLR inteconnects and the issue stays the same.
    In the past hum was occasional and only in one channel, now it is permanent and in both channels:-(
    Some good advice will be highly appreciated. Is it purely ground loop issue or some internal AMP design of faulty element?
    Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. As you have no issue with RCA input, I wonder if you can tell me which XLR interconnects you have tried?

The Lumin amp input section is a true balanced design. The RCA input is basically an XLR input with the negative pin short to the ground.

LUMIN / WestminsterLab

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried following XLR interconnects: another pair of Red Dawn, Valab Pure Silver Litz, Mogami, and DIY Klotz. Same issue with each of them. Should we move to private message with our further conversation?

Post Thanks / Like

My setup is following:
    Lumin A1 -> XLR Red Dawn (first version) -> Lumin AMP -> speaker cables Auditorium A23 - > Usher Mini Dancer Two

I have tested that the issue of hum is only via XLR, it is completely silent if I connect via RCA.
    Do you have the A1 and AMP plugged into the same power strip or outlet, or different ones? Are you using some sort of isolating power conditioner?
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, Acoustic Zen, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Dirac, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, LUMIN, Magico, Marantz, Ortofon, Prism Sound, RME, STAX, Trinnov

Post Thanks / Like

Both are plugged into the same power strip.
    No power conditioner.

11. Thanks NekoAudio thanked for this post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast