T+a pa3100hv - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: T+a pa3100hv

Post Thanks / Like

Re: T+a pa3100hv

The little T+A AMP 8 does not get the respect it deserves. Outstanding amp for the money. I know it very well. I've even successfully run ATC SCM19 and SCM40 with it. These are not the type of speakers someone would expect to drive with this amp, but it did a shockingly good job.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook
    Twitter

bel canto, Hegel, Melco, Dynaudio, ATC Loudspeakers, Pylon Audio, JL Audio, Vertere, Dynavector, Hana, Hafler, GutWire, Furutech, Hifiman, iFi Audio, Bluesound and more

Post Thanks / Like

85dB is rather low for sure .... My KEFs are 89dB and the amp drives them very well!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | Audio Mirror SET 45 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | T+A AMP 8 | Falcon NW Tiki | Roon & HQPlayer | W4S Recovery w/iPower | AQ Niagara 1000 | Oppo BDP-105 | Technics ST-9030 | KEF R700 | Focal Clear

Post Thanks / Like

Kuoppis, Firstly, sorry about misspelling your "name" previously. What are your thoughts on the amp? I'm very anxious to hear a comparison to Soulution, which is the ONLY gear I would even consider swapping my T+A gear for... Thanks!!
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Magico S3s.

Post Thanks / Like

T+a pa3100hv

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    Kuoppis, Firstly, sorry about misspelling your "name" previously. What are your thoughts on the amp? I'm very anxious to hear a comparison to Soulution, which is the ONLY gear I would even consider swapping my T+A gear for... Thanks!!
    No worries about the moniker .

In my view the T+A 3100 HV is a really great amp. Great detail and resolution, good bass, smooth mids and highs, exemplary build quality. Tremendous value for the money really. But the Soulution 511 outclasses it in every possible aspect, which is no surprise as only the power amp is double as dear. I’ll write more about the Soulution and refer more to the differences I hear, as soon as I get the corresponding pre into my system. But I could easily live with T+A as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

5. Likes DrGjerdesmett, Penthouse-D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your review/comparison. I think the T+A is a great bang for the buck in the under $25K integrated space.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Magico S3s.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6